Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

People always say it’s bland terps. I just took that to mean that any cross will have terp profile from the other parent

4 Likes

They exaggerate a little in my opinion

But yes I’d rather hunt for the terps of the other parent, or a nice outcome like @Mordecai had with the 88g13hp dad

Obviously some people really don’t like cookies and might not enjoy the hybrids

I have a pack of oreoz x El chapo og fems I plan to hunt

6 Likes

The Oreoz I had was Loud. Haven’t seen the cardboard version. She had the bag appeal but the high wasn’t there for me. Standard ~20 minute cookies stuff.

I’d hope the ghash would fix that though :thinking:

9 Likes

Can always chalk the cardboard / flat terps up to grower error… which is why I said some people exaggerate and said they were OK in my summary

3 Likes

The atlas version of oreoz is really good. Just got a cut to see how it compares

3 Likes

I’m just really definitely focused on that El chapo og oreoz mash up… I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve had so far of old meets new, that a fair number hold up to heirloom or older smoke for me, personally. That’s why I talk a lot about hybridization

I do wanna pop monarch tho

One reason I’m pumped is because El chapo OG washes

4 Likes

I try and acknowledge, though, that it’s gonna take work to find something you enjoy. Some stuff didn’t work out.

3 Likes

Best hash maker I have rn is at 6%, 70u return on fresh frozen buds (wet weight)

3 Likes

Very nice, what lineage?

1 Like

Have you tried DLA16?

2 Likes

dosidos x jelly pie cross I tried on a lark. its not a huge yielder of flower but the flower it does give washes so nice. Trichs are a nice even carpet of fat heads under the scope

3 Likes

I have not, I do have a pack of DLA (# escapes me atm) in the fridge would love to try

1 Like

Some cookies crosses like gmo or dosi can wash really well. It’s why I’m pumped to try and see what works here at some point. Just gotta find the plants that are worth it.

3 Likes

I have a nice Kali Mist cross going I’m very excited to see how it washes. It has huge fluffy buds and hits all the boxes. A couple more months, jars get filled first, lol

1 Like

Those are hashplants crossed together.

2 Likes

I’ve been think along those same lines too. Revisitting older packs I found memorable plants in and cloning the stuff that stands out. Like 2016 release Antenna Purplelazerlite … seeds are about 8 years old now, freezer kept since 2018. Pulled 6 for a rest in the fridge for 30 days and those 6 popped no problem. Got 3 females from them that are just getting into the 2nd week of 12/12 :slight_smile: I have several older packs I need to F2 that are older but the freezer (-18) seems to really extend the viabiliy of seeds. When I aquire new packs they will usually get fridge stored for maximum 2 years. If I have;t popped a new pack in 2 years it goes in the freezer with the date written down in my ledger.
But… like @BuckBreeder said above… can’t find those keepers if you don’t pop em… so true and so is my favorite saying… So many seeds… so little time LOL

8 Likes

I think my oldest pack is Mandela haze by topdawg. Needs to be started and f2ed
On :heart::heart::heart:restriction :rofl:

6 Likes

When you’re ready I have what should be another good washer for you :wink:

2 Likes

Hola Gang

Khuiratta (village/city)
Asad Region
Kashmir country

Bare

19 Likes