Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Those end up fun sometimes. Best vibes!

3 Likes

smoking bodhi testers
Ethiopian banana x old mother ghani

Smoked some well cured buds this weekend. 2 years. Look at that golden color. classic heirloom sativa. I called this pheno Giger Bud because the plant grew so crazy it looked like the art design from the movie Alien.
Smelled like unidentifiable exotic fruit and artificial blue candy.
It has cured to smell like sherry, desert wines and jolly ranchers.

34 Likes

Bodhi tester
Raspberry goji f2 x old mother ghani

A recent grow of Raspberry goji f2 x old mother ghani. This is an amazing plant. The other 2 females lacked vigor and had odd growth traits, but 1 keeper out of 3 is pretty good. I’m not sure if bodhi will release this one though. It looks like the other goji raz hybrids have been released. I would like to buy a pack of this one if it is released.

Smells and tastes like vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries and raspberries. Very easy to grow.

Based on this plant I would highly recommend any of the raspberry goji f2 hybrids being sold currently.

29 Likes

That’s some dankass looking flowers I need to keep going through my Goji OG f2s for some more standout plants for the f3s.

13 Likes

That looks spot on like the Black Raspberry (Goji Raz f2 x Wookie) bud I grew last year. Exactly the same smells and everything except I get some extra stank out of the Wookie. Almost heading more toward sour smells maybe. The high is amazing.

@zephyr Completely agree on everything about the Raz f2. Easy to grow. Yielded a little meh for me but that was it. Has anyone else had yield issues with the Wookie male?

10 Likes

A couple years ago I tested bodhi’s Kush 4 x Old Mother Ghani (OMG) and I figured I’d backup the report here. This cross remains unreleased because both I and another tester had herm issues with it. However, I found some useful provenance info on the Kush 4 cut that needs to be archived for future searches.

My whole original tester thread is currently available at:

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/kush-4-x-old-mother-ghani.201365634/

Kush 4 was given to Nevil Schoenmaker by Jim Ortega, and became Nevil’s matriarch to his later kush lines. It wasn’t used very extensively by itself; it was just a step along the way to Kush’s future fame. Here’s the whole quote from 2010 Nevil on the Mr Nice forums:

Nevil said:

The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4 . The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it’s presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N.

No idea how bodhi got a hold of Jim Ortega’s / Nevil’s Kush 4 cut, but like everything he procures, it’s been extensively vetted before he uses it. Nevil in the 1980s and 90s was the owner of The Seedbank, head breeder for a short time with Sensi Seeds, and the co-founder of Greenhouse Seeds before Arjan turned it into a cash grab scam and Nevil divested his part of the business and cut ties.

Anyway, that’s the same Kush 4 used in bodhi’s DLA9. The Kush 4 imparts that very blue, steely look, and thick coating of trichs.

And here’s the whole smoke report in case BreedBay goes down again:

Kush 4 x OMG Tester Report-L.pdf (444.3 KB)

46 Likes

Great job on that tester grow, and great job with your research.
I have a pack of the DLA9 and this background information on the Kush 4 is very useful.

What tool did you use to format and save this pdf?
did you use anything from the breedbay page or is this a new document entirely?

I would love a way to export complete pages as pdf to backup my old forum threads without losing the formatting of the web page.

10 Likes

I was able to try the Pine Soul OG this weekend and it was a great experience for me. Long lasting, mellow high that was perfect for a nice walk. I enjoy pine terpenes and I was wondering which PSOG crosses in seed form might be the ones to look for? Thanks.

13 Likes

Hola Gang

Bodhi sent me some of the Asad x Kush 4

Thanks I was wandering what it was.

Bare

26 Likes

That alone deserves a increase.

5 Likes

I want to do my first smoke report on the Pine Soul OG. Do I keep it short and sweet or should I elaborate more?

14 Likes

A lot of people rave about Soul Mate.

12 Likes

So is that supposed to be the Pine Soul pheno of Goji OG? Or some other cross?

9 Likes

Yes sir. The pheno half ounce I bought from Rocky Mointain High in Durango, CO. BIG UP! to RMH who was very honorable with their pricing because dispensaries jack up their prices to $300 an oz. over the weekend. I think it’s called surge pricing? RMH was on point with the Pine Soul and a half of Jr. Mints which is amazingly on sale at $100 for an oz. No joke, Jr. Mints is my new favorite right now.

8 Likes

Yes, I feel like the wookie male yields consistently smaller. Sometimes I feel like the buds are a little larfy/leafy also. Not my favorite male, but with as many females as he pollinates it with, I’m sure some of the crosses are great.

10 Likes

Smoke it an let the high decide :expressionless: lol.

I used to love those pine terpenes a long time ago.

6 Likes

Bare, I feel like the Kashmir Azad and the Kush 4 might bring similar things to the table. Sounds amazing. :open_mouth: :star_struck: Please make more.

@zephyr I think it was Word exported to pdf using minimum publishing size? I just copied from Breedbay and pasted direct into Word, touched up the formatting, and then exported. I tried it with entire threads as a means of backing up my growlogs, but it didn’t turn out as well once it got up to 30mb or over 20pgs. There’s gotta be a solution for doing that, though, right? Some addon that exports and it optimizes the filesize and removes identifying info and unused whitespace? :wink: P.S. Please F2 those DLA 9.

13 Likes

Loose connection but Bodhi might have got hold of that from Matt Riot who worked with Nevil briefly around 2010.

3 Likes

I’m about to find out. Put some wookie testers in flower a cpl says ago.

5 Likes

Yeah, my Cherry Trance (Cherry Sativa x Wookie) yielded pretty shitty. It LOOOKED like the yields were great, but once the buds got on the scale… Pretty piss-poor.

11 Likes