Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

MM is being used alot for breeding at the moment not so much stateside but reaching out there a ways.
Got quite a few crosses of it.

19 Likes

Popped a sealed pack of Silver Sunshine and got Space Cowboy. Considered it an omen and popped it anyway. Anyone have any info?

27 Likes

Iā€™ve not found that too be the case unless its brand new and no ones put it out there yet, I tend to like seedfinder and all bud, or seedbanks also good source to figure out the lineages of crosses

2 Likes

BTW: GLG offered to send me my choice since theyā€™re out of Silver Sunshine. I considered it am omen and popped the Space Cowboyā€¦7/10 up and out so far

14 Likes

Not a super great, detailed smoke report, but I put some info up on my spirit train thread after I had a chance to smoke on each of the different females I had.

14 Likes

i donā€™t know if itā€™s been on here but:

22 Likes

LOFL!

God I thought Iā€™d get past my second post before admitting a character defect but who would laugh out loud at that? Very small segment of the population.

5 Likes

And the follow up,

17 Likes

I donā€™t really get the ice tray references. Is it because that one ice tray above is the same color as bodhi packs?

But damn, that post from intentionalmisuse shows a lot lot lot of crazy good bodhi strains. Wow! I wish that personā€™s IG wasnā€™t privateā€¦

To keep it on topic, hereā€™s a couple phenos of bodhiā€™s Cheech Wizard at day 49F.

44 Likes

Yeah, that first ice tray post looks like a bunch of packs of Bodhiā€™s seeds, thatā€™s the joke. Iā€™m just curious what the gold shit in the tray itself isā€¦

Plants look good. You getting any ā€œgreen curryā€ kinda smells off of them?

18 Likes

I believe it was frozen iced tea

8 Likes

Good to know about the ice tray joke. lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah one maybe smells like a green curry, maybe sorta? Itā€™s hard to tell at this point (this coming Monday is day 56F) but so far thereā€™s a huge variety of shapes and smells with all the Cheech Wizard. Iā€™m interested to see how they smoke.

This #7 smells like a blue snowcone or something:

The #8 shorty smells like a straight up sativa hashplant. Hard to describe but it smells dry and slightly minty/piney but not much. Astringent is a good description. Not chemmy but almost sterile, and itā€™s just white with extremely sticky resin. Itā€™s a fucking velcro gnat trapā€¦so gross. Need to reveg her ASAP.

The #9 has been smelling like fresh cut cedar. Itā€™s such a bold and recognizable smell. Unexpected but really delicious, but also kinda comes and goes from day to day.

My only disappointment so far is this #10 that was the most impressive one for the final 3-4wks of veg and first 3-4 weeks of flower, praying every day all day, but itā€™s really hit a snag in the last few weeks and doesnā€™t look or smell happy. Itā€™s a smell that I canā€™t really place. Kind of cilantro and basil but not strong.

Lastly #11 is doing great, chunking out wonderfully, and has the most kinda unique smell out of them all. Itā€™s a spicy OG.

:peace_symbol:

40 Likes

A couple of early DLA 13 that got roughed up pretty bad from some hail about a week or so agoā€¦ i put them out for some sunlight and a freak storm blew inā€¦ they were hurt, but are still alive. Only about 2 weeks old, but the one still mostly in-tact already smells distinctly of diesel exhaust and green onionsā€¦ the other is working hard at recovering and making a come backā€¦ looking forward to finding out how the scents develop on these.

Good night

26 Likes

Idk if this has been said on this thread but Bodhi made a labeling mistake on his Pirate Sweat. He says the actual lineage is 80s Black Afghan x Instant Karma. This is important for anyone who bought Booty thinking it was a Ghash BX like I did :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

Wow! Instant Karma? Thatā€™s a pretty old cross of his, havenā€™t heard anything about that one in a long time.

11 Likes

Youā€™ve heard about Instant Karma recently, you just donā€™t remember it.

Strawberry Milk, which b used recently as a daddy to quite a few released crosses, is his cross of Nepali OG x Instant Karma.

Instant Karma (aka Bubba D, which nobody calls it) is bodhiā€™s cross of Bubba Kush x edit Rezdogā€™s Sour Diesel IBL.

Thanks to the great and powerful @BarristanWhitebeard from RIU for catching my mixup of The Rev and Rezdog. Itā€™s Rezdogā€™s Sour Diesel IBL, not The Revā€™s!

23 Likes

Got on the Bodhi train after IK disappeared and always wished I was around back then to run it. Seems like a strain with a lot of potential for weird outlier plants. Been excited to try some of the stuff from the Strawberry Milk dad, but read that it was retired because of issues with vine-like stems and possible herms (iirc). From the mother I have a few Terpenado outside and a pack of Strawberry Lotus that I might put out late. From the father I have Strawberry Headband, Dazzleberry, and Tresfighter x Strawberry Milk. Wondering if they might do better outside than inside (stronger stems/unrestricted root space). Running low on spots so would have to run them as minis to pack them in, but really donā€™t want to lose the genetics since the father is gone so Iā€™m leaning toward saving them for indoor so I can keep cuts and make seeds. Also tough to find info on how Bodhiā€™s strains perform outside in true guerrilla situations. Finding out this year if all goes as planned. Actually might get more info by making a thread so Iā€™ll do that right now.

14 Likes

I didnā€™t get the viney stems, but definitely herms in testing, and I think the Strawberry Milk papa was also too dominant in crosses. Much of what he hit turned into carbon copies of SMā€¦not really what you want in a breeding male.

As for outdoor performance, thereā€™s tons of discussion of it by what resistances his breeding males bring to the table over at Breedbay and RIU. You just have to search thru the threads - like actually use the search tool. Iā€™m not being snarky, just saying that the info is there and itā€™s listed by the outdoor resistances of the males, but I donā€™t have the exact posts bookmarked. If I remember correctly, his 88g13hp male imparts a lot of rot and PM resistance and his Appalachia dad was good against aphids. Just keep in mind that youā€™ll have to do some work yourself - resistance doesnā€™t mean immunity. :wink:

bodhiā€™s been testing his males for outdoor PM and botrytis resistance for 20+ years - he has a patch over the hill that he calls the torture test because itā€™s very high humidity, has a lot of bugs, and doesnā€™t get much airflow. He also mentions this on his IG but again youā€™ll have to read thru a lot of posts to find the specific details youā€™re after.

Until the last couple/few years, very few people were both growing outdoors and posting about it due to the nature of guerilla growing. Loose lips sink ships, and all that. Best of luck!

:rainbow:

30 Likes

That explains it. Iā€™ve never even looked at the genetics of Strawberry Milk, just because I wasnā€™t interested in it. The name really turned me off haha!

10 Likes

Yeah, thereā€™s a lot of stuff on Breedbay (or there was back when it was an active site), but itā€™s been maybe 7 years since I really dug through there to find information on specific strains. Will have to experiment with the search function now that the site is different. RIU Iā€™m less familiar with, but from my limited experience itā€™s an absolute nightmare sorting through everything on there to find useful stuff. IC has gotten tougher to use and alot of info has disappeared from the site. Kinda miss the old TSD forums.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of outdoor stuff, but I guess Iā€™m looking for more guerrilla info. I can find all kinds of things on how stuff performs in California commercial conditions, but like you said, people out my way arenā€™t quite as free to share. And our plants donā€™t tend to be anywhere near as photogenic, so that might have a lot to do with it :rofl: I might get some pics up this year to illustrate that point.

Iā€™ll definitely say that his G13HP plants stand out from the others even at the seedling stage. Iā€™m not able to baby them at all, and a lot of the stuff from other breeders couldnā€™t handle being put out into 90-degree weather without hardening off. Not their fault, but the vigor of some of Bodhiā€™s stuff is truly outstanding.

Hereā€™s the thread btw: Guerrilla experience with Bodhi strains?

13 Likes