Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

So, I have never had pureC99, had a couple different crosses, none were “racy”. Had something called Sour Diesel, but idk if it was accurate, as it was just kind of “normal weed” no uppityness to speak of.
The only Bodhi strain I have grown is Soar, and it isn’t really racy. Motivating, sure, but I think that comes from making everything fun, as much as being racy.
I grew some Chocolate Thai from Hazeman, one of those my wife called the “smoked crack” pheno. If Soar is “I’m gonna was the dishes, that’ll be fun” the smoked crack chocolate thai was “IM GONNA WASH THE FUCKING DISHES! AAAHHH!” That was ok, but a bit on the edge for me, kind of just made me feel pissed haha. Very little positive attitude adjustment.
I have a pack of dread bread, not sure when I’m gonna pop it, maybe this coming winter.
I’ve got a handful of Doc D A5H crosses going now, we’ll see what those get me.
I have a pile of potentially uppity beans actually, hard to pick which to grow first haha.
The best up high I have ever had was Chocolope, hands down. I wrote a pretty detailed description of it for someone recently, I’ll see if I can find it.

15 Likes

chocolope has been a favorite of mine too! grew dnas chocolope back in 2011 was such a good high have heard good reports on soar stoked to see what comes of those dread bread when you get around to them too :grin: @potpotpot

9 Likes

I’d say it’s genetic. Neither the NL2 or the Ghash are particularly vigorous in veg.

14 Likes

I’ve got a Black Triangle F3 that is a super slow vegger. Popped at the end of Feb, it might be 16" tall now. I planted it in my garden outside and seems to be doing better. Burnout Chem from Dominion is about the same too. Popped around the same time and still short af.

For comparison, the lower left bushy girl is Brother’s Grimm Rosetta Stone. Black Triangle F3 upper right, Burnout Chem upper left. All seeds were planted at the same time.

28 Likes

Yeah I know going into it. I tried searching to see old posts mentioning if they liked more light etc. but didn’t see much. Only way to see is turn the light up a bit, and see how they respond.

8 Likes

Maybe offer to trade the Pineapple Haze? I guarantee people will find that one interesting.

OR, let it ripen until a lot of amber trichs are visible. It’ll reduce the haze effect. I accidentally let a Strawberry Cough ripen too long and it became nap-time weed.

12 Likes

You gotta check out Smart Move. It’s Lemon Thai x Apollo 11 “Genius cut” X OMG. OMG reportedly has a lot of Limonene so is more happy and stimulating than trad. Afghan strains.

18 Likes

Oh I’m for sure having to scoop a pack of smart move after reading a few reports on it and having a half a pack of them get lost in the mail that were being sent to me I have to give it a try love anything lemon forward hoping to get a lemon pinesol pheno out of my 1 old soul girl too :+1::blush:

11 Likes

Yes def give it more light. I think NL is in Bubba and Bubba for me is slooow to grow. Frost-city and fast flower, but very slow to veg.

8 Likes

Didn’t even know you can trade em here but I opened up the pack to see if he sends extra beans and I didn’t know that may have deprecated the value.

5 Likes

If you found Chocolate Thai edgy, you would hate C99. It’s way edgier imho! It’s good for computer work or video games because you think really fast on it but it might feel too much like Speed/Meth for most people. Like Cocaine without the happy effects.

14 Likes

Chocolope was surprisingly Zen. It’s clear, happy and up but wasn’t racy at all. The most chill and peaceful Haze Thai combo. Blueberry sativa and also Dr. Grinspoon (Purple Thai x Panama) were the closest i found in effect. Blue Dream-like but no sleepy crash after 2 hrs.
I wish Bodhi did something w Chocolope! Only fem. beans of it to be found now.

14 Likes

C99 is great. Makes me feel uplifted and animated. It def helps turn thoughts into words lol. I’ll talk a mile a minute about stuff and I’m generally a quiet person.

12 Likes

Some people want un-opened packs, some don’t care at all. I don’t care if opened as long as they’re kept in a fridge. If stored properly, i’ve sometimes been able to pop 15 year old seeds.

12 Likes

That they are :joy:

10 Likes

Exactly. C99 is great among friends but Not if you have to take your elderly Mom to church. I felt like Everyone knew i was high af. LOL.

14 Likes

Saw that Ak bean brain has a f4 or f5 of dnas Chocolope regs would be first in line If Bodhi released a cross with it :joy:

14 Likes

See, I associate speed with euphoria, which was lacking in the chocolate Thai. The other plant I grew from the same pack was an unremarkable, but up, high.

I’ve never done coke, so I don’t have a reference for that. Have done a pail of speed over the years though :shushing_face: That’s behind me now though. :+1:

Really wanna try straight C99 haha.
I always wanted to grow Dr. Grinspoon, but it was never in stock when I had money haha.

Here the run down of the Chocolope I was talking about. Thought it was longer, but oh well:
“Gave a strong feeling of your vision separating into layers, made me very sensitive to the level of the surface I was standing on. Made any light seem much brighter. But your thoughts were clear, if a tiny bit racy. But no dizziness, or slurred speech, didn’t make me angry(which I have experienced before, including in Hazemans reproduction of Drawohs chocolate Thai that I grew). Nice boost of energy without feeling jittery. And the best part was there was no “after stoned” effect. You just came back to normal as the high wore off.“

Back to your regularly scheduled Bodhi now haha. :+1:

15 Likes

This is a great subject, glad I found it and have spent the past couple of hours winding through it. Which took me to seed bank sites checking out some of Bodhi’s gear at the same time. It’s drove home that I’m going to try his seeds.

Does anyone have experience growing out any of the crosses he’s done with the OGCD78 or OGLA78 males? Some interesting sounding stuff. Golden Pupil sounds cool as well.

I’ve seen all of his interviews and like his spirit. He strikes me as principled about breeding. I agree with some of his views on other cannabis topics like concentrates (not my thing either though no disrespect to those who enjoy) he discussed on The Pot Cast episode. Some interesting stories too about some of his cannabis-related journeys before life got too busy to keep doing that.

8 Likes

Genius Thai, the mom of Smart Move, is actually the Genius cut x some landrace Thai, not Lemon Thai. I don’t mean to be, you know, whatever, but there’s a difference. Just wanna make sure that we all keep our genetics straight.

Smart Move is (Genius x landrace Thai) x OMG. I’ve grown it, good weed. Got one OMG-leaner that was suuuuuuper tangerine-ish smelling, stayed very short, grew super-fat. Pretty impressive plant that I wish I woulda cloned. The other, more “hybrid-y” plant was good, but not nearly as impressive as the OMG-leaner.

And then I sent the rest of the seeds to newb2.0 (because he asked) haha. Kinda wish I hadn’t now, but oh well…

21 Likes