Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Keep looking for that Black Triangle, special stuff in that cross. I have the Doc d cut and its super dank

9 Likes

Lololol I just found a clone company here in state to check out, I am unimpressed. Only $250 for a cut of “Bhodi” Purple Wookie…

If I was out East and could pick up in person maybe I’d give those $50 cuts of Strawberry Sour Haze or Sugar Cane a try, but nahhhh

20220118_004428

10 Likes

Hush your mouth. Some of us are recovering seedaholics, and the last thing we need is to be tempted by the thought of fantastic genetics at ridiculously good pricing. :rofl:

17 Likes

Love this thread! Was off-site for like a month, come back to even more awesomeness! Seems like it’s back to business in here! @supershitfuck man your pics/content is as always just great! And after reading through the almost 1000 pages I saw so many top shelf grows it’s heartwarming. Much love to all of you🙏🏻 @Hillbill welcome, I too remember reading/watching your threads “elsewhere” as well.

18 Likes

LOL. long time grower, first time poster on OG. Glad I finally crossed into the greenest pastures. Been around lurking since the late 90’s…anyone remember OG’s Zep Tepi?

Man, I totally fell off the wagon this year. After almost 10 years of not buying any beans, I dropped a stupid amount of cash on a bunch of breeders. From Indian Landrace Exchange, TopDawg, LuckyDawg, 707, even Aficionado and others…but…for Bodhi’s gear, I have to say I went ape shit. If he priced his gear like Aficionado I’d be bankrupt.

I remember growing out the Ancient OG…straight OG fuel starting in veg…of course I made F2s and more…yeah baby.

My personal favorite from Bodhi has always been Tigers Milk and that cross was the basis of one of my favorite projects ever… Eye of Shangrila (Tigers Milk x [Heirloom Bubba x Stardawg])

Kudos again and forever more to Bodhi, for being the “People’s Breeder”! I’m still waiting for the “People’s Champion” to run for President and have Bodhi as VP.

38 Likes

Welcome to OG @urbanite, drop by the Introduce yourself thread if you like and say hi the community.

5 Likes

Welcome my friend. Well, welcome back!

6 Likes

not 100% on these numbers but: outta 12 beans i popped i got like 8 females, 4 short and dense peanut butter phenos, 4 bigger lemony phenos

that’s the thing i never got around to looking what the omg brings to the table, i just assumed that the lemony ones are pinesoul leaner and the peanut butter ones are omg

15 Likes

I’m glad this popular thread made it into second edition :slight_smile:

I’ve set first post in the topic as a wiki. If anyone familiar with the matter is willing to summarize some essential facts from Bodhi Plant and seed guide Part 1, it would be great!

36 Likes

I added my two cents… haha!

13 Likes

We’ll said. Pretty much sums it up.

6 Likes

is a shit-ton more or less than a metric tonne?

7 Likes

I always wondered how he manages to stress test all those lines he releases for herms he must have an army working for him

6 Likes

By his own admission he keeps a “dirty” grow area and stresses his plants a decent amount through not babying them any more than it takes to keep them healthy. There are also quite a number of people on here and other sites who say they test for him, some of them for a decade now, so I think it truly is a decent sized volunteer army!

18 Likes

He’s had an enthusiastic following for quite a long time and many people clamoring to test for him. The testers are of varying skill levels with even more varied grow styles/methods. Over the years, some of Bodhi’s crosses never made it to release due to herms. Others were released as outdoor recommendations since they only seem to herm indoors. That said, even released Bodhi seeds aren’t herm-proof.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who managed to stress released Bodhi gear enough to herm. Turns out that plant didn’t much care for bright sun during lights out, having a fan dropped on it, or being way over fed. :sweat_smile:

25 Likes

I’m pretty sure Bodhi also mentioned something a ways back about an area in his little outdoor grow that’s, like, the Ultimate Male Test: soggy, maybe, and bug-filled and just not a place where you wanna be growing plants. The males that show resistance are the ones who get considered for breeding, after looking at their progeny, of course. @nube, am I making this up? Did I just invent this in my head? I think you maybe may have referenced this before, as well.

Sometimes I think something is real, like something actually happened, but then I realize it was a dream I had like three nights ago. I’m fairly certain the “Bodhi horrible growing conditions test area” is a real thing, though. I’m not dreaming about Bodhi haha (although I do sometimes have bad dreams about my grows).

If I am making this up, though… Fuck me.

19 Likes

BoHdi concentration camp for males :cold_face:

4 Likes

I remember that too, but I haven’t found the reference to it though I did find this from Bodhi in 2013 on RIU:

"state of the union report.

so far in 2013 I’ve been mostly collecting, testing, and refining. i did a massive dirty room test run, where i subjected new and old strains to light leaks, root binding, overwatering, under watering, bugs, and pm. i also made some new testers using some new and old males and a few hand pollinated restocks of things. I’ve been working on breeding specific tools for myself like a deadly g f3 male thats insane, i figure I’ve saturated the canna sphere with sativa dom snow lotus hybrids, so now its time for some heavy duty indica creations. I’m phasing out of the snow lotus and appalachia hybs and into the wookie, nepenthe, deadly g, instant karma, bshb, and temple hybs. I’m really looking forward to focusing on pure f1 indy/sat landrace hybrids from selections this summer, taking things to the next level by using basic building blocks instead of polyhybrid mashups. I’m also excited to see everybody else’s inspirational work and projects, i feel a good season coming on…

i finally made the leap to seed only production, i rebuilt my flower room into more of a research and development space, with a giant mom room, two seed making chambers, and a perpetual flowering test room. this new space will allow me to be much more dynamic in making seeds, ill be able to keep stocks up and explore the genepool much more freely. this would not be possible without all of your support, so i thank you all for this blessing in my life and ill do my best to radiate canna love to the 4 corners of the world."

Actually really neat reading the old messages from him about what he was working on almost a decade ago now and which of those we’re still talking about or haven’t even seen yet from the freezer or unfinished line work.

20 Likes

@nube gave a good answer to this back in 2018:

19 Likes

You know? Man… When I read that shit (and I remember that post now), I just think to myself,”How many other motherfuckers are doing things like that?” I mean, maybe all these “breeders” are, I dunno. But I really, really doubt it. Gawd bless Bodhi haha.

24 Likes