Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Yeah, I have a few going.i chose these for testing when he was testingā€¦I got a few 4ā€¦females with 3 sounding like that male your talking aboutā€¦they were foul. One took on the g13hp sideā€¦as in typical affie type plantā€¦IMG_20220105_105033_673 IMG_20220105_105037_981

37 Likes

@nube would be the one that has a pretty good handle on a lot of that.

From what I got from B, when I was doing some testing, was anything I wanted to cross, and keep to myself, was fine.

He did not want folks passing around tester stuff.

Making Fā€™2ā€™s is great, but heā€™d rather folks not pass out F2ā€™s of things heā€™s still offering.

I hope thatā€™s close :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Super silver hashplant f2, 88g13hp leaning pheno

41 Likes

In 25+ years of breeding, Iā€™m guessing @bodhi has released literally thousands of strains in retail, freebies, fundraisers, and as limited edition. He has a library of several hundred ā€œelitesā€ and hits many of them with his males, only releasing the resulting seeds that get tested and come back with at least one positive outcome. Thereā€™s no single spot that contains all of the info on his strains, but breedbay is probably the best option.

At this point, out of your stock, the hashplants and the wookies are all still being sold, as are a number of the older lines with discontinued dads. As such, itā€™s best practice to ask in here before reproducing them for coop seed runs distribution.

If all youā€™re looking for is data on older strains, check breedbay. Thatā€™s bodhiā€™s first love and still contains all of the info and pics on his first 20 years of breeding. As with all forums, the search tool is your friend and may require multiple heuristics to get right.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

26 Likes

@Tonygreen just auctioned off a grip of real old stock, plus every month someone sells off their old collections, no shortage of REALLY OLD gear on here and RIU as well as a few others.

8 Likes

Yes, I have his post here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Itā€™s this above quote that got me thinking. Identifying these lines is why I started looking and the rabbit hole is deep. I have no problem doing my research, was just hoping for a better way to do it is all. With such a large breeder and so many strains it can be difficult finding specifics sometimes. No matter, I will dig into strains one by one as I go and am in no rush as I am booked with runs for the next year or so. I got lots of time before I get around to this but itā€™s never to early to start acquiring knowledge about a thing :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I gotta say Iā€™m super happy to see you digging into Bodhiā€™s gear Doug, there is some serious karmic alignment at work here! :v:t2::v:t2:

13 Likes

Looking for any info on blowfish x appy I did not know this existed until recently with the famed blowfish in there Iā€™m ecstatic to even hear of it in Bodhis arsenal. Any info, pics etc. from anyone whoā€™s grown it is appreciated if there is anyone. @nube @Torontoke

10 Likes

Both Drunken Parrot and Mango Lotus should be open game for F2s - Parrot has been sold out on all sites for about a year and hasnā€™t been in any recent restocks. Mango Lotus was a limited freebie that hasnā€™t been around for a similar amount of time. Acapulco gold as well since its Niereka is fair game. Both DP and ML have some reports around, Iā€™ve got ML in my fridgeā€¦ reports have it as a very nice mellow daytime sativa with strong mango / spice sativa terps. Same mom as Dreadbread - 11wk or so terpene rich columbian. Snow lotus is known for providing a sativa leaning high, good structure / resin, and can be neutral in letting the momā€™s shine. It seems to breed many outdoor monsters as well - lots of SL strains seem to grow into giants outdoors.

25 Likes

I think Iā€™m up to 9 of those beans now myself and was thinking about a run too. That saidā€¦I hope to nab a few more after 4/20 :sunglasses:

Has anyone run this F2 before, I was trying to find a pic but struck out so far.

6 Likes

Do it do it do it do it! Iā€™ve looked all over , squat! I do know someone with an original pack from Bodhi unopened. Thatā€™s how I learned of it in fact.

4 Likes

As @ramblinrose said mango lotus, drunken parrot and Acapulco should be fine to reproduce f2ā€™s of now. I think drunken parrot and mango lotus are similar, mango lotus maybe being a little sharper smell, but drunken parrot being a more refined and stable cross in my opinion. Acapulco I think has Ben reproduced by others. I found it to be a very interesting plant and one of the only Iā€™ve grown that Iā€™d call a true heirloom (Iā€™ve grown others people claim to be but most seem like theyā€™ve had something crossed in at some time). To me that is very cool, and makes it worth keeping around to preserve and an interesting breeding tool, but also makes it less desirable for production.

Out of what you got I think the most interesting to go through f2ā€™s of would be wookie orgasm although maybe too early to give those f2 seeds out. Iā€™m a big fan of nepali og, but I also feel Stevie wonder (now called Saint Steven) is an interesting cross. I had a plant of wookie orgasm that to me had a complex and wonderful smell. It was layered, going from citrus to sweet turpentine to lavender to sweet berries and earth. This cross is also one that bodhi has a bit of work in as itā€™s one of his females and not a clone that he picked up.
Lemon wookie is also a very terpene rich plant. I guess Iā€™m suggesting if getting to know Bodhiā€™s work checking out one of the wookie crosses would also be valuable, and maybe ideally checking out a little from each of the three maleā€™s you have seeds from.
Happy growing!

13 Likes

Some Goji OG F2 tests, so far so good. Some variation in floral clusters & calyx to leaf ratio but overall pretty uniform and stout. Similar spikey calyx clusters that remind me of the mom. All can change but at the moment Iā€™m fairly optimistic.

56 Likes

Unfortunately that one was before my intro to bodhi and tbh I avoided the appy crosses after trying a few and not being blown away.

Would be interested to see and hear more about this one if you grow them out.

10 Likes

Do you remember which ones you tried?

3 Likes

Lavender Jack and Blue Sunshine are up. AK-47, Heavenly Sativa, Prayer Pupil, Green Crack x ON Haze, Burnout Chem, Emerald Fire OG, and Funeral Cake are popping up too. No signs of life yet on the Ghost Train Haze #1, Oregon Huckleberry F2, or Rosetta Stone.

30 Likes

Oh and Speakeasy Seedbank is having a clearance sale. They have some Bodhi packs for $60

10 Likes

Spirit train f2 day 68 flower. Smells like straight up lemon pinesol.

48 Likes

Again? They did that last monthā€¦and Iā€™m pretty sure most of the discounted stuff this month was also discounted in their clearance sale last month.

I think if I were interested in any of those Bodhi sale packs Iā€™d probably still go for the GLG BOGO while it lasts or go through JBC to try to get into their Bodhi giveaway. There are a couple on that list of Bodhi giveaway packs at JBC that I wish I bought when I had the opportunity after reading reviews of them.

13 Likes