Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Is black triangle being released again or is it a limited run?

6 Likes

It was just restocked…but it’s probably sold out everywhere is my guess.

9 Likes

Headie Gardens hasn’t dropped their new Bodhi stuff yet…

14 Likes

Speakeasy seedbank still has the Black Triangle too

10 Likes

I could be wrong but I suspect it’ll be released again, you could buy them in bulk from Sproutways before this release, and they’re still available now. Seems like it’s one he puts out for commercial production.

14 Likes

Ignore my flowery rambling lol

Just because, I relistened to the Bodhi potcast for the millionth time. Omg is his episode so inspiring.

Anyways… is there any word or guess on when the next Nierika release will be (or when)? Not sure if I missed one… the last I remember is Mexican Death Sativa . I’ve been working on my own nuanced projects — but I wanna do another OP of his landracey stuff. It’s just so fun :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before (I searched but did not find), but:

Why do most Bodhi strains lack a description? As far as I understand his strains have been tested, so it’s not as if the qualities are unknown.

:thinking:

Is there a specific reasoning behind this?

11 Likes

I think he’s just really really busy. 4 kids, a dog and 7,000 plants (give or take) to care for.

Most of the strain parents have info on them on Overgrow and BreedBay. (Except for Peach Romulan in Peach HP, that ones’s kind of a mystery.) With any Bodhi you’ll get an interesting mix of phenos from each pack.

22 Likes

I think that Bodhi is a great breeder and he puts as little description on his work as possible becouse his work speak for themself :pray: also modern socieity lack some mystery and patience to finde something special that is not in front of peoples eyes and you must dig that mystery out and find it for yourself :upside_down_face:

Thats only my opinion and no offense :diya_lamp:

15 Likes

Every drop he usually releases a decent amount of info, like smells and things to look for, for all the strains being dropped. He very rarely just lists a cross and calls it a day. The catch is, he doesn’t post that info very publicly. I think most that we’ve gotten have either been c/p from breedbay in a post bodhi made himself, or from seedbanks listing the info they got from bodhi, like jbc, glg, or speakeasy.

17 Likes

It seemed like for the past couple years he released a lot of strains without descriptions. Before that a lot of the App / SL crosses had really nice descriptions! I always chuckled at some like the bounty hunter’s lair stuff. The couple recent drops have had descriptions again though, which is nice!

18 Likes

I also think that all of bodhi’s work are f1 hybrid, which often display a wide range of phenos. He could describe his keeper, but who knows if you will find it in your pack. I struggle to describe the two strains I’ve grown because of the variation. Umeboshi was much more uniform and he did have a description for that one, lazy lightning was all over the place, no description

I may be wrong, but I’ve been telling customers that a pack of seeds is like a litter of puppies each plant is a little different even though they have the same mama and daddy. So if you breed a Labrador and a beagle how would you describe the puppies to be?

14 Likes

I could describe what you might get… because before I breed and sell puppies…I keep the first litter off the parents…or give them to close friends/family…I raise them and you watch and you can get a good accurate assessment of what that breeding gives…but you’ll only know if you keep and Test…but I breed dogs…lol…hell plants too…:rofl:

13 Likes

Best answer right here :clap:

14 Likes

I would say most of the mothers are “name brands”. They are popular and loads of info on the web. So you kinda need to look up what dad he’s using and what that dad brings to the table. And then just visualize what those 2 parents might be like mixed.

The puppy analogy is a good one I hadn’t heard before. I usually go with the human analogy but it gets weird explaining what F2s are.

18 Likes

Too many redhead step children for the human analogy!..

7 Likes

Breed with a beagle you better get ready for some beagle lunacy

7 Likes

Yes , I love the lemon thai for my mood. The Apollo 11 cindy cut sounds integrating on the lt cross .I;m growing the lt. wookie cross , i think Freebies , also Loompas hb cross . I bought the hb cross to get the freebee . The lemon thai . I have originally from elite genetics has been a great plant . Its never stayed in the lineup for moto , hazeman , fusion, gagegreen ,etc. . Its thai >it throughs late nanners in late flower . Usually non viable . Keep light out . Other than that for me . Moto and Bodhi keep this money maker alive . My Elite lt has been crossed with grypon now bodhi . You have to clone this plant because once in flower it stays . Thus the cross .

7 Likes

Got my pre order from shoe in.

26 Likes

Soooo those skunks tho…:rofl:…jp

15 Likes