Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Yea that was my current grail quest. The grail quest is an ever-moving goalpost though lol. Eventually I would like to F2 them once I get some more experience and confidence. Been slowly working up to do a preservation on something. Harvested my first male, now I have some clones going in the male tent that will get pollinated. I’ll get there eventually!

18 Likes

Nothing to it but to do it :wink:

13 Likes

Always gotta move the post and have something to look for :joy: my bodhi grails to find have to be pagoda or white lotus and I have faith in you giphy :+1:

13 Likes

13 Likes

I’ve had that Interstellar Overdrive in the back of my head since I found out it existed. Rare indica leaning pheno of the first release of Mandala Seeds’ Satori. It was only used in Star Child and Lemon Zinger.

12 Likes

if you can grow a girl
you can grow a boy

14 Likes

Don’t tempt me I’ll pop these mfers right now :joy:

18 Likes

17 Likes

Pagoda, now you’re talking! I just popped a few Endor Score (A11g x Wookie). I’ve been pretty intrigued with the A11g.

17 Likes

Yea that’s another good one. The a11g gorilla arm pheno sounds pretty wild

15 Likes

Congratulations big dude!

10 Likes

That’s awesome I remember you posting about that one and thinking to myself “boy that’ll be a tough one to find”

Also on the subject of blue, my so-far-this-summer haul from GLG, JBC, and DCSE, has some blue (although some matty cake hits the dirt first :sweat_smile:)

28 Likes

Oh, the dude I got the BB Hill from has a pack of White Lotus on his list. Not sure if they’re still available or not. Would have to inquire

10 Likes

That’s a hell of a haul! Heard nothing but good things about AKBB’s Matty Cakes

7 Likes

I mean, I’m no “88G13HP expert” haha, but just judging from the four or five crosses I’ve grown, one: it seems like the GHash male dominates whatever it’s crossed with, as far as structure is concerned. With the exception of the Imperial Majesties I’m growing right now, every 88G13HP cross I’ve grown seems to have very thick and sturdy stems. They’re also kind of very “nug-y.” Like, that sorta golf ball/softball-nug structure, wider internodes, “gap-y” etc etc. I’ve yet to grow any GHash crosses that have long, running colas up and down the branches. They’ve all been like,”There’s a fat-ass nug there… And another a couple inches up… And another over there…”

Stretch-wise, I dunno. Not too bad. Maybe 150% or so. Maybe less. Nothin’ crazy.

You get the idea.

So that’s what I’d look for haha! They’ve all been easy plants. I mean, this sounds kind of lame, but,”You know it when you see it.” And it isn’t hard to find. Again, besides the Imperial Majesties from this run (which are very obviously mom-leaners), every 88 cross I’ve grown has looked extremely similar to one another. The smoke’s kinda been pretty similar, too, but that’s not a bad thing. I haven’t been unhappy with any of the 88G13HP crosses that I’ve grown.

Anyway… Good to see you around, @newb2.0 haha! It’s been a while…

24 Likes

could you explain this statement… the fact is that Mendel’s second law (the law of splitting) says the opposite: “the law of hybrid splitting says that when hybrids are crossed, plants with a dominant character (75%) and plants with a recessive character appear (25%) in relation to 75% and 25%.”
that is, on the contrary - in f2 it is possible to find a plant with virtually any recessive traits, including those that were completely absent in the f1 generation.

8 Likes

What’s the traits of the 88? I have packs of them in crosses so it’s good to know for my info going forward!

6 Likes

Got a couple Devil’s Hashplant planted 6/4 12/12. Lots of trykes with big heads and long stems. Both have bigger and firmer buds than most. Not a lot of branches. No tall branches. 20% clear 70%
cloudyand 10% amber on calyxes. Sugar leaves 90% amber. No smells today as I am cleaning with Pinesol.

12 Likes

Found my first bean inside a calyx of AK47. AK47 x Blue Sunshine

Also found this growing in the Funeral Cake pot. Kinda looks like weed? It’s tiny

Some Lavender Jack nug shots

37 Likes

You got your first bean!! Congrats! It’ll feel even better when you plant it and can tell people that YOU made it!!

12 Likes