Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I found one of these in my pot a few months ago, once I saw the hairs I knew it wasnt weed but wanted to keep going with it, its exciting seeing new life burst forth…well I have yet to identify it, never seen this plant in my life. I think it may be Indian Nettle…I cant be sure where it came from, had a couple different brands of coco-coir and organic amendments, but check it out, dont get pricked :wink:

12 Likes

Oh if you could hit him up and ask I would possibly be interested :grin: just saw this @VAhomegrown

7 Likes

Bad Dawgs Sunshine #4 Freebie - Day 58 Organic Coco-Coir

Mendo Sunshine (fast sativa pheno) - Day 36

47 Likes

@VAhomegrown Forecast is calling for Blue Sunshine. Thanks again homie!

24 Likes

Hell yea! Got any plans for it yet?

9 Likes

Does anyone happen to know the flower time of air guitar by chance?

5 Likes

Looks to be around 63 days

https://www.rollitup.org/t/bodhi-seeds.518143/page-3106#post-16707373

9 Likes

Thanks brother. I’m trying to plan a dream beaver / air guitar grow in the same tent but I find conflicting info on the dream beaver . Jbc says 63-70 days. If it’s accurate it would be a perfect combination.

7 Likes

That’s a given.

this is my point, the 78 LA affy side of the cross is the recessive expression in this hybrid. as such, the ratio of 88g13hp expression plants would be much higher in the f2 generation. Not many of us are growing huge plant counts, so selectively breeding recessive phenotypes together will help if you want to find more la affy expressions in the f2, and in a more consistent ratio.

Mendelian laws aren’t always going to be the most useful tool for breeding cannabis with a small plant count. My sample group was one seed pack, which is barely enough to even make clear observations. for one thing, Mendelian laws basically refer to the breeding expressions of a specific trait or traits. ie yellow pea pods or green pea pods, smooth husk or wrinkled husk.

The 78 la affy is a clone. When we talk about finding phenotypes similar to the 78 la affy, we are not talking about a single trait of the la affy like leaf color. We are talking about a plant with similar growth traits, similar flower characteristics, potency and medicinal qualities. Mendel’s second law would be more applicable for tracking a single trait of the la affy within the hybrid offspring.

in my small sample group, I found less than a quarter of the f1 Dank Sinatra phenotypes to resemble the LA affie.

In general, the 78 LA affy is known to be recessive and is easily lost in hybrids.

I think the best hybrid version I had was the 78 LA affy OG from the CA prop 215 community that I used to use for migraine medication. OG is also a strain that can easily disappear in hybrids, which seemed to make that hybrid pairing particularly well suited for both of these lines. Of course that was a local elite cutting, so it was a selected phenotype not a seed line.

20 Likes

I’ve never grown the 88g13hp in it’s pure form. But most of the bodhi strains with this male in my seed library, I got because I was familiar with the mother plant used in the cross.

So in general, I look for the traits I recognize from the mother line.

In the Dank Sinatra, the 78 la affy leaners had a very bushy low structure. Like a little round shrub. The buds were smaller and more delicate with better resin coverage. The resin was milky white, less clear or amber. It very tiny resin glands, the kind of tiny trichomes that build up into thick layers. The resin was unusually sticky, not greasy or waxy. When handling the buds it was so sticky you could see little sticky strands of gluey resin sticking to your fingertips.

The phenos with more 88g13hp influence were a more upright christmas tree like structure. The resin is was greasy, not sticky. The resin glands had large capitated trichome heads. The buds were rounder and chunkier.

For the guava hashplant, the stardawg guava dominant pheno had a more recognizable chem structure. Similar smell to the mother. Branchy, delicate leaves, large calyxes. Nube did a great job describing the bud structure one time, it’s kind of like the tops are made of thin slices of bud.

here’s his quote:

by comparison, the phenos that showed more 88g13hp influence had rounder chunkier buds (like @minitiger was saying in his reply about the g13hp traits) and a sweet herbal vegetal smell.

25 Likes

Not yet as I’m finalizing my upcoming run, but I’ve got some ideas floating around in ole duder’s head. Maybe dusting some lowers on a Soul Mate and Lemon Wookie V2. Only time will tell. Thanks again man! I’m super excited to make some seeds!

14 Likes

Itching to order on GLG, I want SunRa for sure but can’t decide on the 2nd pack. Any suggestions? Something that’s pretty differ from SunRa. No long flowering sativas,por favor!

9 Likes

Incredible information! Thank you so much for the detailed reply. Is there a way to bookmark, save a post for future reference?

Also, I am holding off on growing the Danks because I want to practice F2’ing some other rare packs I have before I f2 these to be Frank.

13 Likes

No problem chicken cutlets, hope it’s useful for you.

There is a way to bookmark posts. Click the 3 dots next to the reply button at the bottom of the post.

Then click this little icon to bookmark:

You can label your bookmarks to keep them organized. You can even set a reminder for a bookmarked post. This is good for seed runs that you want to sign up for later, or a discussion you want to follow up on later.

You can access your bookmarks through your profile page, in the vertical menu on the left side of the screen along with your topics, replies, and likes.

17 Likes

Thank you! :pray:t2:

I just popped dream beaver as the strain I wanted to get badly and got my hands on before I make it to the Dank. I may want to f2 those. Any advice on those? I did hear if it herms, to grow it from a clone which should alleviate those issues.

11 Likes

Snuggle Funk would be a nice heavy day-ender (Black Domina x Ghash).
Old Soul (“Pinesoul” Goji OG x OMG) gets great reviews and is less heavy “indica” than Snuggle Funk but should have less “sativa” effects than Sun Ra.
Strawberry Mama for hybrid effects or Cherry Queen for indica would be good for more fruity flavors.

14 Likes

Did you find Dank Sinatra seeds , or have had them. Been wanting to run that for like 3 years

6 Likes

I would have suggested Devil’s HP + Sunra as those are 2 of my favorites from Bodhi so far and quite different, but Devil’s HP is sold out. Minitiger’s Imperial Majesty (Pure OG x 88g13hp) is looking very promising so far and his pictures are making me regret not having a backup pack of it. Snuggle Funk looks great from the little I’ve seen on RIU as well.

The pictures of Imperial Majesty can be seen on his thread here : Bodhi Dread Bread and Imperial Majesty; Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy; Doc D Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thai, Outer Limits and Sour Diesel x DE

17 Likes

I found the packs from people that were generous enough to let me overpay for them :joy:. If you can remember , reach out to me in 6 -12 months and when I f1 them you’ll be the first person to get them. I have some grows ahead of me before I get to them but I will before end of the year I think.

13 Likes

I like F1’s :sunglasses:

No problem, thanks for the cool reply and offer!!! Very generous.

5 Likes