Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

That’s one to keep an eye out for, does he vend with any distributors? Or just direct?

8 Likes

ooh please let me know when/if you do :pray:

@Nuskool89 Nice on grabbing that Everything x BSHB :wink:

Seems like there’s a lot of MMS gear in those freebies :thinking:

9 Likes

I honestly have no idea. Never seen his stuff available from a bank, so direct, I guess?

7 Likes

Back when I first started shopping at Headie Gardens, he had a High & Lonesome breeder section, but everything was out of stock for the longest time and the breeder was removed after a while.

Long way of saying it’s possible Headie Gardens might stock a new fgen release of Appalachia.

11 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed DBJ has been using a lot of mms and gage green stuff to make freebies for the last year or so. Based on what I know of those seed brands, if I ever pop them I’d watch them very closely for herms.

6 Likes

I had no idea HG used to sling H&L gear. H&L spoke up in the HG discord yesterday. Would be awesome if his beans came back to HG!

dfh467dgfh

I highly doubt DBJ would release ANYTHING that herms. He’s legit af. Been breeding for years and his freebies go out to tons of people. It would be a huge stain on GLG’s name if he let out herm prone freebies to people. Most of the herm claims come from people who don’t like MMS. Regardless of whether or not anyone likes him, his gear is pretty stable from what I’ve seen. And DBJ for sure wouldn’t release them if they did herm. Even if you don’t trust MMS, you can trust DBJ.

10 Likes

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but what is discord? Im mostly computer illiterate; I can type, somewhat, and maybe post pictures if Im feeling froggy but Like Phil Hartmans Caveman Lawyer computers confuse and frighten me.

8 Likes

It’s a communications platform/chat room kind of thing. Fairly unregulated so it’s a good spot for canna people to converse and hang out.

10 Likes

Interesting. So its like a internet forum?

4 Likes

All depends on whether they say “testers” on the freebie packaging or not. DBJ gives a lot of testers as half-pack freebies before they ever get released as full-pack freebies. So yeah, if they ever get grown, I’m keeping a close eye on them.

To get things back on topic, here’s a couple pics of the Wookie Orgasms I chopped almost 2 weeks ago.

27 Likes

Not really, but kind of. People can make a server, and a server can have multiple chat rooms, but there are no threads. They’re just chat rooms. Like jumping into a live conversation instead of making threads.

7 Likes

they just added chat threads recently, its still kind of a mess

5 Likes

ooh what smells are you getting off those wookie orgasm’s? that orgasmatron in there was supposed to be dank, that cross was definitely one i’ve been eyeing for a solid year now

16 Likes

They’re plants that have changed frequently as they matured. At one point, I was getting some fruity, spicy smells from them. They changed to almost straight up pinesol for a bit, but then eased off on the pinesol a little as they got close to done. Last time I checked on them in the drying tent, they seemed to be settling back to pinesol with fruit and something else I can’t quite name.

Nothing’s snapping on them yet, so they have several days before they get trimmed and jarred. I’m sure I (read: the whole house) will get a better idea of their smells as I’m jarring them up.

15 Likes

thank you !!!
surprising that flowering times for Bodhi gear can be hard to find

4 Likes

Thank you guys for saying this. I would far prefer awesome bodhi tiedye TSHIRTS and GLG swag rather than more hype strain crosses I’ll never run. When they were bad dawg freebies made from old school elites, I would run them every few rounds. Nowadays, I won’t run the hype herm crosses from MMS or GGG or similar. I don’t trust them - they’re not my style of breeders.

This is one of the big reasons I started giving SHOE a bunch of our F2 preservation packs to include as freebies with purchases at Headie Gardens - I think more people are motivated by these than untested hype crosses. But maybe I’m in the minority here.

H&L has been active in Shoe’s Discord, so I would think it’s likely!

Back to bodhi, after having 0/11 Blood Orange germ a couple months ago, I tried to germ sensi star x appalachia from the same donor.

Sadly, after scuffing, soaking in the above H2O2 solution for 48hrs, then putting in a tupperware inside a moist paper towel for another 5 days, zero have even cracked. Seed storage matters, folks! Please store your seeds in the fridge in airtight containers so this doesn’t happen.

So…on to another preservation. Sadly, this puts me a couple weeks behind in my rotation so I’ll have to run clones again this next round, and then I won’t be able to start another one until late January at the earliest.

But…is there any interest in a preservation of any of these?

I’m leaning towards the nepali og x good medicine, since I can do a GM ix and I have only had the Nepali OG in Goji OG, but also very interested in the Sour Cyclone x Kashmir or maybe AC/DC x Wookie for more exotic possibilities…

I could also be persuaded to go a different direction if people are anti-CBD.

:sun_with_face: :rainbow_flag:
:peace_symbol:

40 Likes

I’d second the nepali og x good medicine! Love the mother’s milk that nepali is in, would wager might see a herm or two though. I really don’t think she’s very stable.

My only other thought would be that harlequin x a11genius ^^

23 Likes

My vote is for Harlequin x A11G

16 Likes

I think you’re probably in the minority there. But so am I… haha. I did get some freebie pack from GLG a year or two ago that I thought sounded worth planting, but it’s way on the back burner. I have no idea what it is they’re sending out as freebies now, though, except for what I’ve gleaned from the recent posts on this thread.

Yep.

I mean, I’m not gonna sign up for any preservation runs, but if I was haha… I’d say that Gooey Medicine cross. That sounds like a good one.

That’d be my second choice.

That’d be my third haha.

20 Likes

Yes, my whole point was to do a preservation F2 run, but none germed. :frowning:

I could also go another direction for preservations. I have an original bodhi pack of Chocolate Trip F2 that’s been calling my name for a few years. Same with Mother’s Milk and even some older ones…

26 Likes