Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

That plant lived its life staked up, I just took that photo at the end to illustrate how floppy she was

12 Likes

Understand 100%. Just getting ready to pull a couple Avenue of the Giants at 8 weeks. As soon as they’re unsupported by stakes and the other plants they flop like yours did.

7 Likes

@Budderton For a long time I tried to get this cross, but I even left even hope.
Do you lead a thread somewhere?

6 Likes

Are any of these descended from Nicotiana Rustica?
Nice divergent topic, is there a tobacco seed trading forum out there? :blush:

7 Likes

They’re tobacco varieties.

8 Likes

I was asking about that particular species of tobacco :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ah… I randomly searched for Sacred Wyandot and that is a Rustica, but most of the others aren’t… I think the Maria Sabina must be the same “Maria” collected from her yard, which is listed as a Rustica. Looks like the Hopi is as well.

ETA: I think I must have thought all tobacco plants were Rusticas.

14 Likes

Yeah I have some pure maria Sabina family line from bodhi but I need to make more seeds first. Likely next year.

The Maria Sabina x hopi trippy citrus was a bodhi/meangene collaboration if I remember right.

Rusticas are the wild tobaccos native to the America’s, basically landrace. The others like gold leaf and such are N. Tobacum which just means they’ve been worked. All of it is smoking tobacco, tho the rusticas can get so potent that they are unsmokable, only use is burning for ceremonies or making insecticide.

13 Likes

16 Likes

I think I had a Rustica from Seeds of Change years ago, but it doesn’t look they offer it now. It was a cool plant to grow.

4 Likes

K4 x SSDD early cure sample / test.

Sampled 2/3 so far now and can say that I am a fan of this cross. Doesn’t stand out too much in any way but overall is just a well rounded, medium potency and nice calming buzz with high strength odor. Attractive flowers that are easy to trim with sufficient trichome coverage. The two main metrics I ultimately go by for judging a strain are how quickly a jar empties and whether or not I would be willing to F2 it if ran again. The K4xSSDD gets high marks on both of those questions.

Pheno 1

Very relaxing, not to the point of being immobilizing or sedative though. Good generic cannabis taste and high odor level when vaporized @ 365F~. Strong rubbery smell with a mild strength and functional buzz. Reminds me a bit of my SSDD Bubbashine pheno without being as extreme or strong. I wouldn’t consider this highly-sedative or ultra dreamy like the Bubbashine pheno but would classify it in the same general realm of effects. For me this would be one of the first jars to empty as I like mellow and medium-strength buds.

Pheno 2

Attractive frosty flowers that appear to be silvery with a blue tint in person. Strong rubbery smell with a bit of spicy incense background. Couchlock, relaxing , and trance inducing. Not the best for physical activities but have had worse. Good for zoning out yet not overly powerful. I prefer strains like this but could see someone with high tolerance potentially being disappointed.

Beautiful shots, thanks again for setting aside the space and time in your garden to test these!

31 Likes

Already contacted that person before they posted on OG. Couldn’t reach a deal. Thank you

Is this an offer, or a flex ? Lol. either way, cool!

11 Likes

Are you looking for Nicotiana rustica? @Vagabond_Windy

7 Likes

Yes I am :sunglasses:

8 Likes

It’s an offer ^^

10 Likes

PM incoming.

7 Likes

A really fun looking pheno of Bodhi’s NL2x 88g13hp. Given how long it’s taking to flower , I’d presume it may be 88g13hp leaning.

19 Likes

Did you make these?

4 Likes

88g13, long flowering? I didn’t know it was known for that? How long has it been in flower? Looks pretty finished in my eyes. I’m no expert on anything but you may want to check your spot for bugs because unless I’m tripping, I see thrip damage on some leaves

7 Likes

No IPM issues I’ve been scoping weekly as I always do through flower. It’s just been through the ringer man. What specifically in that pic made you think thrips though I’m just curious.

1 Like