Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Strain : Sunshine Daydream f2 bx1 #4
Method Smoked : Bong/ Joint

APPEARANCE

Smell- melon sour butter and has that classic haze scent

TASTE

Creamy earthy slight citrus has a tart melon maybe tropical fruit thing going on

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) -

9-10 extremely smooth

BUZZ- has a beautiful uplifting get up and go clear headed smoke almost all head cerebral high very little body very energetic has almost a tingly electric sensation at times smoking a bowl is like drinking a couple cups of coffee without being to racy or paranoia inducing makes everything seem enhanced colors are sharper very mentally stimulating absolutely love the effects of this one

GROWTH- grew very large spear style buds about a little more then double in size once flipped while not being super dense buds packed on lots of weight was by far the heaviest yielding with around 8-9 oz took at day 71 thinking this might be one to re run would do 11-12 weeks to compare as I think this pheno could of gone a bit longer then the rest from what I’ve seen from my research of things think this pheno leans heavy on the a5 side of the starshine side of the lineage

Grown under hlg 600r 20 gallon organic living soil 3rd cycle

Profile : 80-20 head to body

Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 8-9 very potent

Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 2 hours - 2 1/2 hours
Use : daytime for sure would end up staying up if smoked before bed
Munchies?
Yes

33 Likes

I just heard Bodhi is doing breeding for Cookies at the OneLog. Just seems weird but I hope it works out well.

On one hand I think f!ck cookie fam & everything cookie :joy_cat: but the other hand I think Bodhi has an amazing knack for picking parents & access to his personal seedbank, so there’s bound to be some great shit coming out.

And third hand says dopeslap-maybe wrong bodhi :rofl: :man_shrugging: maybe BS

Anyone know?

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

i doubt it, but i think that would be kind of disappointing if it’s true. he does carry all kinds of awesome genetics though.

5 Likes

Im of the same opinion. Every single cookie strain/cross I’ve ever tried (I haven’t tried them all natch) have been underwhelming in both smell/taste and potency. I like to call the cookie strains hype strains.

7 Likes

i ran some of bodhi’s granola funk, which is GSC x Wookie. major disappointment, not sure if girl scout cookies was the factor.

9 Likes

I view it as him going behind the scenes to do the work and show the masses there is another way by mixing the gene pool with something that has effects under one big master plan.

5 Likes

It’s true. People were just talking about Bodhi collaborating with fucking Berner on this very thread a few weeks ago (or it mighta been a few months ago haha, I can’t remember). Who knows what his motivation is?

10 Likes

me too, tasted like i packed a bowl of brown sugar, and smelled like dish soap, not my thing, grew another gsc cross from someone else, it’s also pretty trash! haha

10 Likes

6 Likes

^^in reference to supershitfuck’s take on granola funk. Lose fit but that’s what I was thinking of reading the first sentence haha

4 Likes

The Granola Funk I had from a weed delivery place tasted like the name - funky granola. Like 20 year old post apocalypse granola or something. Probably the strangest tasting weed I’ve ever had lol. Picked up the OGKB x OMG just to try it, and I’m crossing Funeral Cake (Strawberry Banana Sherbert x Ice Cream Cake) with Blue Sunshine. The Funeral Cake has a nice buzz but no body and typical dry terps. Hoping the Blue Sunshine adds those things. Just kinda fuckin off with it cus I had the clones still

11 Likes

I actually just grew out a granola funk and loved it, I bought some from a dispo a couple years ago not knowing it was a cookie cross and ended up loving it. The only other one I have tried that I have ever found a reason to come back to was GMO, like the flavor, nice effects compared to the short and boring cookie high. Not a favorite by any means, but a nice change of pace from my jars when someone passes me some.

Nearly every other cookie thing I have tried has done anything for me at all, and in the effects department the Granola Funk could use spicing up.

Aroma is of lavender scented moth ball with a background of chocolate/earth sweetness and other funk. The aroma alone is addictive and intoxicating, it just hits a real sweet spot for me. Some of my favorite textured/bodied smoke/vapor for the evening rich and thick, but also silky smooth.

Taste is more cookie heavy (chocolate, notes of mint) with the mothball funk adding a pleasant mouth ousting with lavender and more delicate notes more present when freshly dried that are fading with time in the jar.

Effects have a lot more soul than typical cookie, and while still short lived also stretch out a bit longer than the other cookie things I’ve tried. The one shining aspect to the effect is the comedown, there is this thing that happens, where it leaves me with a really clear and centered head space in a very subtle way. It may not be as noticeable if I had experienced a much more extreme version of the same effect with salvia. I liken it to cleaning all of the windows in your brain. Everything is just more clear, settled and pleasant.

If anyone has some Granola Funk they would like to trade, original or reproduction, let me know. I had poor germination (and a few taken out by a cat) with this pack and only have 4 seeds left, would like to keep it around if possible.

27 Likes

kickstarting his career on a Wiz Khalifa ballad.

I cant act offended because im literally less than a year new to his gear so… hope it brings him good money, situation’s tough.

8 Likes

Yes it’s true look what @bodhi says on breedbay:
"
the cookies connection is a very unique opportunity… a cannabis culture F1 hybrid… a chance to use the cookies platform to create greater genetic diversity and educate the public… bring back the heritage and legacy of our plant… breeding the past and the future together…"

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/page-1061

:om: :prayer_beads:

13 Likes

This sounds like some publicist just threw a bunch of catch-all phrases together and did a press release or something. Like, what the fuck does,”A cannabis culture F1 hybrid,” even mean? “Breeding the past and the future together…”? Uh, yeah, okay. Why not just say,”This collaboration will push cannabis into another stratosphere,” or something stupid like that? “Realms of cannabis that were heretofore unknown to humankind…”

I love Bodhi. Y’all know I love Bodhi. But gimme a fucking break.

Let’s see how much the packs cost.

25 Likes

Knew it was time to “stop” buying seeds, this makes it easy, since most of the purchases are bodhi gear. 44 packs and that looks like it will be it! I’ve stayed away from his gsc crosses thus far. Keep cookies out of weed and in the cabinet for munchies.

12 Likes

Who knows :man_shrugging: look at the photo that @grohio posted on breedbay:

8 Likes

Lol, everybody always spells his name wrong :point_up::sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Good friends! Haha.

7 Likes

I’ve seen that already, I think somebody here posted it. Or posted a link to it, maybe? I dunno, but yeah, I saw that post a while back.

Again, let’s see how much these new “Cookies Fam Collab” packs cost. Then we’ll know what the motivation is. Although to be honest, I really have no idea why anybody (especially Bodhi) would think that continuing on with breeding things to a shit strain like GSC and its derivatives would be a good idea or a worthwhile project. It’s not like people haven’t been doing that for way too long already. We need fewer GSC crosses, not more.

17 Likes