Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Oh I can totally see the vision. When I look at it from his point of view, it totally makes sense why he would do it. I bet he didn’t even ask for that much money.

He wrote about them coming from two different sides of the culture. The other side just got exposed to a big piece of the better side (IMO). Hopefully this will open up the minds of the consumer who buys weed based on THC percentage.

If anyone can do it, it’s Bodhi.

19 Likes

If anyone can make a cookie cross fire it’s Bodhi. I may not get it but if Bodhi is doing what he loves then more power to him. May he prove us all wrong and he makes some dank ass weed.

11 Likes

@nobodysnursery You gonna have a stroke seeing Bodhi working with berner eh? :rofl:

10 Likes

Bodhi has been making fire cookie crosses for years. The seed game is taking a nosedive, but life expenses never stop. Let’s let the man make some cash and relax a bit.

This will only have positive effects on the weed scene. It may be the nudge the market needs to push back to older and better plants, rather than degraded inbred hype.

21 Likes

serious doubt… I’m betting all the kids these days will be like "SEE how good zkittles is in there!? Should get some more zkittles crosses… Or lemon tree… They’re not gonna think twice about wookie being in there.

18 Likes

I wish, but I don’t think a few collabs are going to do that. Cookie Fam-boys only care about the next Cookies drop. They don’t care what the lineage is or what the buzz is like. They see a Cookies drop and they comment ":fire: :fire: :fire: " and buy it. Even if they did know they more than likely wouldn’t care because it’s a new Cookies drop and they’re going to buy it regardless. If Bodhi somehow manages to get himself a partner position at Cookies, then I might think that big change would be coming. He’s honestly probably the only person who could take Cookies to a new level IMO. Slippery slope though, because they could drop :shit: and people would still buy it. Been doing it for years lol. So they don’t even really need anyone to take them to a new level. I dont see Cookie consumers becoming more aware or more eager to branch out. They all just want to ride the party hype bus and be a part of something new and “cool” IMO. It’s not enough to just grow good weed. It’s the whole subculture that comes with it that makes it more “important”

18 Likes

Personally don’t think that Bodhi can do any wrong really. This might not be my favorite move, but I still love his vibe and his gear too much to let it bother me. Onward!

24 Likes

Definitely a one dimensional high on most of the cookie stuff I’ve tried. Pretty much why I started growing. Kush mints was pretty good from what I remember. But the flavor is decent if it’s not the only thing you’re smoking

9 Likes

Yea I’m not as bothered by it as before. Def instilled a little fear of losing another great breeder to hype genetics. Look at a lot of the breeders who have been around for a while. Their old stuff was amazing, and now they all just use dessert hype strains. Mosca, Cannarado, DNA, etc… Maybe they’ve just always used hype strains of the times so their MO hasn’t changed, but it def makes it seem like people need to ride the Cookie wave to stay relevant, even if the weed isn’t as good, and that sucks for everyone. I doubt Bodhi will ever stop doing his main thing, which is crossing/preserving proven classics and heirlooms. That’s what I’m here for. Just hoping he doesn’t start crossing them all with Cookies lol

20 Likes

I feel like Bodhi is smart enough to know what he is doing. Times are hard and this is prob a way easier way to make more money. I’m ok with it as it may bring new eyes to Bodhi and that’s never a bad thing.

Semi side note, I pulled up to my first job after reading all the Bodhi/Cookies shit, and this piece of trash was right next to my tire. Maybe it’s a sign…….

17 Likes

Bodhi’s post has been up for 6 hours and I have already had people contacting me on different platforms to talk about the news. Gossip and talk is already starting. This is big for him and this community, and can be spun in both a positive and negative direction. It just depends on where you all want to take this.

I understand where everyone is coming from when predicting a flatline response from cookie seed buyers and the basic Cali consumers. It’s definitely easy to be pessimistic given the state of the community/market and country as a whole. But I think it’s important to look at this as an opportunity for something potentially great to happen. If just 1 out of 100 modern seed buyers/growers/smokers gets a spark to look into Bodhi and retro top shelf lines, that is one person who would have NEVER ventured into this space. That is a net positive. The cookie buyers will buy cookies regardless, this is basically free exposure to an existing buyer base.

I think it’s very important to be aware of how we come off in this tight knit community. These posts about cookie growers and smokers are the exact things that will prevent them from participating and contributing in these communities in the first place. We should really be using this as an opportunity to welcome new, younger generation smokers and growers into this wonderful community. Us vs them is never the answer. Polarizing tribal BS never works to bring people together in a synergistic way. It just serves to fracture already small communities into ones that can be easily smothered.

Show them love, positivity, and enthusiasm and good things will follow. Dismiss this opportunity before it even has a chance to blossom and you can consider it dead from the start.

And don’t tell me for a second that cookies is shit, because it isn’t. I can pull up hundreds of posts from people praising Bodhi’s Granola Funk, Field Trip, Space Cake, More Cowbell, and all of their OGKB remixes. More Cowbell OGKB remix was supposedly one of the best releases he made in the past few years.

My recommendation? Once this release happens and makes it to the consumer level, share your Bodhi bud with people to show them what else is out there from B. Tell them about the lore and history like it’s some fictional shit, then blow their mind when they realize it’s all true. Enthusiasm is absolutely contagious. That is why cookies succeeded. Hype.

30 Likes

Also if you only have had commercially grown cookie hybrid bud and are basing your opinion off of those, I would seriously consider growing an OGKB or Forum Cut hybrid yourself before forming an opinion. It can be really good!

I operate in the craft commercial space and know many large commercial producers. They do not select for quality, only bag appeal and yield. Most of them also have no idea how to grow, resulting in shitty expressions in an indoor setting. They would also make OG/chem/sour/haze total mids. There are so many other factors involved, so many ways to turn good genetics into total trash in the commercial setting. It isn’t always the genetics.

If any of you have any questions about the commercial side of things I’m happy to answer any questions.

I deal directly with enthusiast smokers in the know, and new cookie buyers just getting their first taste of top shelf bud. Showing people how good cannabis can be when done right has been what I do for a full time job for a couple years now. Trust me when I say… These people can turn into your biggest advocates.

26 Likes

it could be that berner bought access/rights to his males.
berner could have paid 100k per male cutting just to say he has a ‘bohdi collab’.

11 Likes

Gotta say I loved Field Trip… It was a great gassy girl that I got out of it. Didn’t yield too big but was a real banger for me.
Edit: I don’t particularly like the Berner dude or the way Cookies is marketed showing a bunch of thugs holding money in blue tracksuits… That shit never sat well with me. Can’t knock his hustle but can’t feel OK about it either :joy::joy:

19 Likes

I think this would be a great time to mention that on the newest potcast Tom Hill talks about how much he likes Gelato 33………

I think Bodhi has the attitude to approach all things in life with an open mind and positive attitude and see where it takes him.

If he were to pass on this or have not considered it because of what people would think……well then he would just be hype and bullshit . It’s just kind of funny that so many people are getting bent out of shape by Bodhi being Bodhi.

19 Likes

I’m just really disappointed that They share “musical” interests lol
Oh well, it was a good ride

13 Likes

I ran some Field Trip as well and thought it was good. The cookies leaner was my favorite flavor out of the bunch, but it yielded terribly so I let her go.

Space Cake I only ran one lady for that and wasn’t really thrilled with her.

11 Likes

They said Bay Area, I wonder if they get down with Testament

12 Likes

Honestly, to me one of the craziest things about this whole thing is that Bodhi is showing his face:

Berner shared a post on Instagram: "The breeding project for this album 💿 was extremely special, I feel honored that @plantmoreseeds took his time & did something unique for all of us to hunt to this music. I remember hearing about when...

28 Likes

For anybody who doesn’t use IG, bodhi posted these two posts and pics yesterday on his IG about the Berner collab:

My take is that these long posts ring genuine, and we should give people the benefit of the doubt in all circumstances, especially people who we know and love and whose hearts are generally in the right place. People change and grow constantly, and one of the best ways of doing that is expanding our horizons. I’d hate to be measured today by the nube I was twenty years ago.

It’s cool that bodhi’s feeling energized and creative about the whole collab! Perhaps that means new stuff for us coming down the pipe? Also, bodhi sent this zkittles x lavender lemonade (which I believe is zkittles x [lemon tree x wookie 15]) cross to Radio Ridge Nursery a couple of years ago to test, along with many others for the “lp market” (which now I’m thinking may have meant album market instead of legal producer’s market).

I guess it’s up to us to decide if we want to crucify a genuinely good guy for consorting with someone who we assume is not. Surely we can find the grace and space in our hearts to take a step back and give them the opportunity to grow together and independently of their past, and not judge them too harshly for trying to do something new, both going outside their comfort zone.

Who knows? Maybe the collab will result in something great!

:peace_symbol: :green_heart:
:rainbow_flag:

P.S. bodhi’s been showing his face for years on his ex’s IG, so that’s nothing new.

37 Likes