Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Yeah, dude, this is what they do. It’s this whole,”Well, it’s not great, but it’s better than nothing and you should be happy with that…” attitude that I really won’t tolerate any more. And that goes for a lot more than just “weed stuff,” too.

Vote no if you don’t like it. Fuck them. Learn them a lesson haha. Because if that shit gets passed, there’s really no going back. The people who benefit from that law will have so much money that they can just lobby and lobby and lobby and you can rest assured that any kind of legislation that benefits any grower other than the super-wealthy ones will never, ever even make it onto the ballots again.

That’s how this shit works.

18 Likes

outdoor squad of ssdd bx clones and old soul featuring my cat hunting bugs :joy:

28 Likes

I think this is the first picture where I have seen Bodhis’ face!

14 Likes

Sad day seeing Bodhi sell out. Not buying any of the BS he is spouting on Ig. Done supporting his business personally. Cookies is everything wrong with the industry🤮

1 Like

I’m honestly wondering what the price of their seed packs are gonna be since they’ll be sold under the Cookie name. Highly doubt they’ll be $45… Are they gonna just be a more expensive Bodhi pack with a Cookies logo on the label?

8 Likes

It didn’t sound to me like Bodhi was blending Bodhi Seeds into Cookies, so I wouldn’t expect any huge change in the way Bodhi Seeds operates, but what do I know?

I hope everyone maintains their disappointment through any future Nierika drops.

10 Likes

Is he not just making a batch of seeds for berners album release?

Or is it an ongoing thing? Would be cool to see a bodhi cross commercially available in canada :canada:

4 Likes

i think he was hired as a consultant or something along those lines

3 Likes

He’s the lead geneticist there now. So full time job.

7 Likes

I’m talking about the seeds that Bodhi creates for Cookies

3 Likes

Bodhi’s going to be like

3 Likes

Maybe this has already been addressed but my main concern would be now that Bodhi works for the Cookies brand what does that do for his own branded seeds. I am worried there would be some sort of non-compete contract where Bodhi’s future work could only be released under the Cookies brand. That would suck but I can’t fault the guy for taking a payday to look out for him and his family if that turns out to be the case. I’ve seen a couple of post where Bodhi talks about the collab, but has there been anything from him saying that his own brand of seeds will continue to be sold? Seems like that might along way to help ease some of his fans anxiety about this change.

5 Likes

lol yeah this has been a spill your hate (towards berner) and fear (in relation to bodhi) kinda days.

but bodhi posted this earleir today in his IG:

plantmoreseeds

I know this is emotional for the community…. Its a leap of faith… I spent along time sitting with this and I had to suspend my judgement to see deeper into this new experience. you have to see the forest through the trees on this one… im going out on a limb and putting my integrity on the line with this move but I think its an amazing opportunity to bring some education and diversity to the urban canna sphere before its too late… nothings really changing except I have a massive platform to work from to create some new pathways for cannabis genetics… im still following my heart and creativity, still making seeds, preserving lines, inspiring others to do the same…. This will not effect any of my seed companies… I work for the plant, and the plant works for the planet… and If spirit puts me in a position to help create a huge surge of diversity and disrupt the bottlenecked strain game im going to at least do my best to see what change I can create…
Who do you want at the wheel?

20 Likes

I like that post, thanks for sharing it. The truth is Bodhi’s right that the hype strains are in desperate need of some genetic diversity and really Bodhi’s the right guy to do that.

11 Likes

the expression is “see the forest for the trees,” but that’s ok. We’re all stoners here.

I posted this on breedbay a while ago when the first announcement about bodhi working with berner was made:

I hope to see Berner use this partnership to expand the diversity of lines he offers beyond cookies and its hybrids. if some additional consideration were made to the genetic diversity of the plant, and the needs of patients, it could make this a benefit to the whole community.
Many MMJ patients are unable to grow for themselves and rely on the legal market for their meds.
A lot of diversity is available in seed lines, but frankly they are a grey market outside of the legal nursery system. I would love to see patients be able to get whatever meds they need legally at dispensaries again.

(abridged for relevance)

Hopefully this could be the best of both worlds-
mass legal availability of effective diverse meds for non-growers via berners multi state dispensary network, and continued work on genetic preservation and expansion from bodhi.

I have seen cannabis companies that expanded into multi state operations, and genuinely have a positive influence. check out 710 labs.

12 Likes

don’t miss the forest for the trees

I mean if you’re gonna correct someone…:crazy_face::crazy_face::green_heart:

8 Likes

but if it falls can you hear it?

9 Likes

Depends, is it near a cornfield? It’s all ears

14 Likes

I am happy with the Bodhi seeds I have, not too many, but also not too few. Each of his recent males, well I have a cross in pack form yes it’s true and I know I am not alone. I could spend a lifetime just with those seeds, as if on an island. Bodhi has clearly had a great run, can we just let the guy go on some new adventures, meanwhile we can focus on popping the packs we got. Too many Bodhi seeds not popped, so let’s pop em.

18 Likes

can’t argue about that. plenty of bodhi seeds to run.

9 Likes