Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Drunken parrot sounds great can’t go wrong with a nl cross I’m sure there’s some awesome plants in there to be found!

11 Likes

I vote Acapulco gold. Because its Acapulco gold.

8 Likes

You got some really good ones there! My votes would be for the peach hashplant, the mango hashplant, the wookie orgasm, or finally, the drunken parrot :yum:

9 Likes

I liked my peach hashplant bud, but it did lose smell and flavor quite fast after dry. I tried washing it once to make rosin, thought I had saved the peach terps… But they didnt show up in the rosin either! Really nice high though, as you said. I wasnt as experienced back then, so I may have messed it up. Curious to hear if anyone else lost those distinct peach terps.

I think Id spring for the lemon wookie and mango lotus. The Lemon Hashplant I found was pure lemon licorice hashiness, so I think it would work well paired with wookie too. Mango Lotus IIRC was run by someone on here and turned out fantastic.

15 Likes

Peach HP is my vote :point_up:

7 Likes

OK thanks all, I will dig further into each of them.

5 Likes

The truth got exposed and it upset some people lol.

5 Likes

I grew it. Northern Lights was the first “dank” weed I ever tried as a young pup. I remember the bags we got smelled like straight pine forest.

I found a nice pheno that had that same smell with a nice effect. Nothing distinct in the taste from what I remember.

I think that smell morphed as it cured out longer to a boozy fruit drink you would expect on a tropical beach vacation. I liked it alot.

17 Likes

Yeah your canopy is pristine! I wanna lay on it

I gave 2 old soul beans to a buddy, he ran one and his was super dense and didn’t stretch much. I made sure to pluck all the interior facing fans and tried to open it up some based on his recommendation. I think it really helped mine out.

Haven’t gotten a lemon smell off of it, just earthy smelling orange haired bud. Looks like just an average afghani. No “wow” factor. Hope it smokes well.

9 Likes

Honestly man I don’t think you would be disappointed with the Drunken Parrot at all. A buddy of mine grew out three DP along with three seeds of like 4 other Bodhi strains. Of all those I thought the Drunken Parrot phenos were the more interesting of the whole bunch. I was surprised enough by it that DP stands out in mind as one that I want to hunt through. Think I still have a pack and a half sitting in the vault.

Not sure what you like when it comes to your weed preferences but DP was a nice nostalgic throwback for me.

15 Likes

Thanks for the thorough response, DP sounds really interesting. I like many old school strains, grew out a batch of Maui Waui a while back that I am still really enjoying. Also really enjoying BOG Sour Bubble and Grape Punch. That said I don’t just want to sit on these Bodhi seeds and figure here was the best place to get some real info.

14 Likes

The Snow Lotus dad doesn’t get alot of love compared to the Appalachia or GHASH popa’s but what it does bring to the table is frost and good structure.

So I would say ideally you would be looking for the phenos that have the terp profile from the mom with the frost and overall growth structure of the dad. Now how often that unicorn will show up is anyones guess.

I’ve liked the Snow Lotus crosses I have tried so far, the Applachia dad can throw some fucking fire and the GHASH dad is just so rock solid with its offspring people like it alot. I tend to find the GHASH side can be dominant in the crosses with the majority having the terp profile from the hashplant side with varying degrees of burnt rubber. The hashplant does make the buds look great, once again here I tend to look for the terp profile from the moms with the look and potency from the GHASH dad.

16 Likes

BOG BOGGLEGUM and another one of his bubblegum strains, that I can’t remember the name of, where the first pot plants I every grew. Fond memories.

6 Likes

I found a really nice purple pheno that was amazing in the Sour Bubble. It was a mutant that topped itself or more accurately didnt grow more nodes but I kept it and was super happy I did. Unfortunately it didn’t reveg for me but still gave some outstanding smoke.

25 Likes

Any bubblegum notes in any of your phenos?

3 Likes

Sadly no. I did make around 20k seeds though so I am sure someone will find a few bubblegum phenos as they go hunting. Also collected 1/4 lb of pollen so folks could have some fun with it.

16 Likes

Really good info, aligns with my experiences well.

Ghash dad is very very dominant. Passes massive high quality resin heads, wash characteristics because of head quality, but dominates in the terp department. It either needs a mom with flavor profile that melds well with the dominant dad, or another very dominant mother to balance the expression.

I have found some freaky standouts in Ghash crosses. About 1 in 50 from my experience. There has to be more freaky stuff dwelling in the F2 generations of these pairings.

11 Likes

Something left out on most descriptions of Snow Lotus (and most males in general) is its affect on the high. Bodhi mentioned that it imparts a nice sativa high. Definitely noticed it with Gogi - really pleasant mellow sativa high for me.

18 Likes

Does anyone have any info on the everything x big sur holy bud freebie? Is everything a strain, or is it a mix of females? If a strain any info on it?

11 Likes

It’s a bagel!?!

13 Likes