Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I really wanna see some shots of jabbas stash, that’s gotta have a similar dark look to the fade you’d think right?

9 Likes

I’m going to share a short story. Last year, I bought clones off of Strainly and got my first case of HLV. I had to toss some pretty good strains that I grew from seed along with the infected plants. Now, I’m scared to death to buy clones and I’m 100% back into planting my own seeds… I had no idea that HLV was so prevalent in the grow world…

12 Likes

What a bummer, I’m sorry for your troubles. Never taken in clones myself but it does sound like HLVD is basically running rampant right now

9 Likes

Gold Star (Malawi Gold x Sensi Star) f4’s and the Apollo 11 f4’s immediately come to mind. Grown both of ‘em and both were very good. And that ‘88G13HP male he’s been working for what must be like five or six generations (iterations?) now.

It seems like he was more inclined to explore lines further and do more actual “breeding” back in the day. Regardless, who really gives a shit? Haha… You either like Bodhi or you don’t.

Not talking about YOU, @VAhomegrown. I know you like him haha. I’m just saying…

18 Likes

When you start looking into hpld it’s really scary. It’s incredibly rampant in the the clone scene. It’s making me go to seed also. I’m tired of getting all these problems with cuts I take in.

13 Likes

Well you’re in the right place, dude! Bodhi makes a lot of good seeds haha.

I’ve never fucked with clones, ever, just because of all the horror stories I’ve heard, but it used to be spider mites or PM or whatever. I dunno what to make of this HPV/hpld shit, but it’s definitely not making me more inclined to start buying clones online haha…

16 Likes

@minitiger yup I remember getting clones in so cal around 2009-2015 where mites and pm were pretty rampant and that was scary enough, but now with this viroid crap I’m not dealing with it, I’ll stick to pheno hunting seeds and clone them as needed vs bringing in bs problems from someone else’s garden that I’ve never had in the past.

Now that I’m in the Florida panhandle as well, I don’t have access to clones and such from dispensaries like I did back in So Cal. But maybe that’ll force me to go through more of my seed collection sooner.

16 Likes

I ran clones for years with no issues. The west coast started sending out a bunch of stuff and I’ve caught it all at this point. So much was spread around before I was aware unfortunately.
Gives me an opportunity to start new stuff on the bright side

10 Likes

You can most definitely get TMV and HpLVd from seed too fyi. Just the rate is lower. If you’re buying seeds it also pays to know the plants the breeder is using are clean!

21 Likes

Spanish growers are having a huge problem with this exact thing right now. They apparently bought a lot of seed and imported hpld with it

13 Likes

FYI Sunshine Daydream is a Grateful Dead song first.

20 Likes

Legit question for a proper deadhead like you crunch, is it a song in and of itself or is it just that one line in sugar magnolia?

11 Likes

I saw that there is a 10% chance of infection spreading through seed

6 Likes

Sugar Magnolia (which includes Sunshine Daydream) is listed as one track on their studio album, American Beauty. Of the times they played Sugar Magnolia in concert Sunshine Daydream was included 95% of the time as the ending, so it is generally not mentioned on the setlist. There have been occasions when the band starts Sugar Magnolia then goes into another song or songs before playing Sunshine Daydream. In that case it would be listed separately as its own track.

If you want to get real nerdy about it…

Edit to add an example when they split the two:

14 Likes

It’s it’s own song song but mostly played together, like 95% of the time or something. Very rare to hear them not stitched together

13 Likes

What they said :top::top::top:

11 Likes

Thanks fellas :joy:

10 Likes

I didn’t know that either. I probably only know a handful of Dead songs.

I was listening to a Dead song and heard crickets and cicadas. Didn’t know that was a Dead related name until I heard the lyric.

13 Likes

It’s from Terrapin!

Come learn more useless GD facts at our very own forum Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum - #595 by BarefootAndBlazed

15 Likes

Slip some Bodhi related pics in to keep it on topic

Artifact 1 f2 #2 x Kashmir Azad
Day 49F

47 Likes