Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Vaping Babylon Buster this afternoon on the hill.

14 Likes

Breedbay.org is about to shut down, so save any data while you still can.

I think we should try to back up some of the bodhi subforum threads here on overgrow. We all use it as reference material, so we should try to save it.

Here is a link to bodhiā€™s original seed release thread that he started in 2006:
https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/

and a link to the bodhi subforum, including threads with photos and travelogues of his seed finding expeditions in nepal and india:
https://www.breedbay.org/community/forums/bodhi-seeds.219/

26 Likes

Looks like there was a short term save for Breedbay, hard to say whatā€™s in store going forward.

10 Likes

some little guys ā€¦
2 gg4ā€™s x SSDD
2 Dream Axis
1 SSDD F2 BX1
dream axis

gg4 x ssdd

ssdd bx1

36 Likes

GG4 x SSDD is FANTASTIC! Still have half a pack of the original cross but wasnā€™t able to clone my favorite cut. Such a great desert strain! Glad I was able to search through a pack of COPA F6 Testers.

Curious what Dream Axis is like?

7 Likes

Babylon Buster is very interesting for a g13HP cross. Very active and creative. My go to day herb, not because it is weak but because I have so much fun when using it. Used until now today and planted my Elephant Ears and a few other ornamentals. Our stars are Elephants though. We run a big herd of really big plants in my used mix with more peat and Cotton Burr Compost and Black Kow.

18 Likes

I enjoy the Dog Patch quite a bit. It is chemmy, fuel stank. Yeah I like it haha. I will say that out of the packs that I ran, I ended up getting a pretty low ratio of females (25-30% or some {super} shit [FUCK]), which isnā€™t horrible or anything, but I would have enjoyed a larger population of females to look through.

I harvested some (Black Triangle F2) x Dog Patch seeds a while ago and I recently harvested some Goji OG x Dog Patch seeds. I also have some of my (Tropicanna Cookies x Herijuana) Mango cut x Dog Patch ripening on the vine. Fun times.

The Zap is just unique. After working with cannabis for so long, I have really come to appreciate unique. The first thing that really intrigued me about the Zap was the intensity of a melon smell in veg. I donā€™t usually pay much attention to the first round of veg with any plants, but Zap was not having that shit haha. It literally reached out and touched me with an overwhelming smell of melons. One of my favorite females is borderline watermelon, but I always hesitate to make ridiculous sounding claims. The Zap plants all have these really beautiful thin leaves. I have been growing quite a few hazes lately and the leaves are even thinner than most of the hazes.

The flowers are pretty, but if anyone cares about bag appeal, yeah these donā€™t really have that. I could give a fuck less about bag appeal though.

I feel like I read somewhere that someone had intersex issues with their Zap plants. I canā€™t remember who/where. I will never say that it isnā€™t possible, but I will say that I havenā€™t had any issues with any of my males or females. And my first runs with plants are usually not the greatest and I also stress test all of my plants before making seeds. I havenā€™t seen any intersex issues yet.

I did an ā€œopen pollinationā€ with my Zap plants, by collecting pollen from all of my males, mixing 1 packet of each and pollinating 1-3 branches on each of my females. The pollination was successful and I should have a fuckload of F2s soon. I also recently pollinated a Zap female with pollen from my Stagger Lee (Original Bubba x Sour Apple IBL) male from Alien Genetics. More fun times. Positive vibesā€¦

~nugzz

37 Likes

I have a pack of bodhiā€™s jahruba (jamaica x aruba) supernatural selections hybrid which I have been meaning to get around to.

Does anybody know whether this hybrid is meant to be used as an indoor line, or an outdoor line?

18 Likes

Looks like it gets tall!

19 Likes

Thanks @VAhomegrown for posting the Jahruba grow and smoke report link! I read the end of it and the strain effects sounds awesome.
I grew a (not Bodhi) Laughing Buddha (Jamaican x Thai) and it was so pleasant and peaceful. I hope Bodhi works w more Jamaican plants in the future. Really under-rated strains from there.

14 Likes

thanks for the link vahomegrown. Definitely looks like a solid outdoor line in terms of production. It looks like they lost some to mold.

I think it could probably survive my rainy PNW harvest season. Bud rot resistance is definitely something I am looking for, but I think my conditions may be less harsh than the grow environment in the journal.

I may give these a shot this year.

12 Likes

Are the supernatural selections generally intended to be used as outdoor only lines, like the neirika lines?

for example bodhi said the neirika chinese was outdoor only, and he was right. even in veg, it hates artificial lighting.

Are people growing supernatural selections lines like dread bread indoor? does anybody know how these are tested?

I have dread bread and jahruba and havenā€™t been able to make up my mind whether it should be grown indoor or outdoor.

Generally I try to grow heirlooms that could be sexually unstable outdoor, but these are high yielding hybrids. For strains with huge colas or very dense buds, I try to grow them indoor so there is no risk of losing the crop to mold.

14 Likes

I think thatā€™s the basic idea, but I also feel like it might be a sorta ā€œdisclaimer,ā€ like,ā€If the plants herm indoors, welp! Itā€™s a Supernatural Selection, soā€¦ā€ Iā€™m sure theyā€™re doable indoors, just might take a lil planning and preparation.

I just planted four a few weeks ago. Iā€™ve been having issues with some of the other seedlings I planted at the same time, some of them fried up after a couple weeks, never seen anything like it. Iā€™m fairly certain itā€™s because my soil mix is all fucked up. Having said that, the Dread Breads and Doc Dā€™s Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thais look the best. Theyā€™ve all survived, anyway haha.

Honestly, I didnā€™t even remember that that Dread Bread is a Supernatural Selection until you mentioned it. Not that it woulda mattered. Iā€™m gonna plant what I wanna plant and see how it does. So far, they seem pretty hardy, considering I lost nine seedlings of other peopleā€™s gear in the same soil mix. Iā€™ll start the log in a few weeks, once everythingā€™s sexed, and tag you if you want.

19 Likes

I think the supernatural selections line are landrace/heirloom sativa x indica that will do well in or outdoor. Theres a few with OD disclaimer (jalalagod, mangobiche x kashmir) ā€¦ but most do not have it. Im starting to wish I had tracked down more of these! So many unique lines used in them.

18 Likes

I grew Dread Bread indoors a few years back and it did just fine for me. Donā€™t recall those being a particular outdoor strain, but could be mistaken.

13 Likes

Cherry Queen is part of the Supernatural Selections line. Itā€™s Fat Cherry Afghani x OMG, a whole lot of indica. I think all the grows Iā€™ve seen of it have been indoors but there was verbiage about outdoor:
ā€œMold, Mildew, and Pest resistant. Drought Resistant. Moderate cold tolerance, varies by pheno. Highly recommend growing through a trellis - the yield is substantial, and heavy late season winds will knock down lower branches.ā€

20 Likes

Iā€™ve only run 2 so far and 1 was female. Based on that, it was hashplant structure, lots of round buds. I donā€™t know the descriptor for the taste but to me itā€™s what weed should taste likeā€¦good weed. All funk with no fruits or other flavors. Buzz wise itā€™s a very good hybrid leaning indica if anything. Smoking too much will put you down.
I used the male in a few crosses and it was unknown, but opportunity was knocking. Turns out the male was damn good and improved those moms nicely. He brings frost and funk.
I am slowly going thru the rest of the packā€¦lookingā€¦ :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I was having a hard time deciding what i wanted to run so i decided to add some more strains to choose from. So i place another order with jbc an they hooked it up again. One of my freebies ended up being the purple Pakistani chitral. Im pretty stoked. Are these the same as the pck from ace seeds or have they been worked by bodhi towards the purple pheno ? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

28 Likes

Originally from cannabiogen not ace I believe. And Iā€™ve had the same question. Jtoucans has worked that line so I asked him because I never got a response from B, he said they all have color but some are more purple than others. Like the cannabiogen, the green (or in this case, ā€œgreenerā€) are more potent.

14 Likes

Sorry I hadnā€™t looked into it much yet i just thought remembered that ace had something similar. Regardless iā€™m pretty sure this will be the one i end up running. I figured id ask cus it seems hard to find info on some strains these days cus ill do searches and everything that comes up is just somebody mentioning it with no info or I see results for the strains its been crossed with.

7 Likes