Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

A couple years ago I tested bodhi’s Kush 4 x Old Mother Ghani (OMG) and I figured I’d backup the report here. This cross remains unreleased because both I and another tester had herm issues with it. However, I found some useful provenance info on the Kush 4 cut that needs to be archived for future searches.

My whole original tester thread is currently available at:

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/kush-4-x-old-mother-ghani.201365634/

Kush 4 was given to Nevil Schoenmaker by Jim Ortega, and became Nevil’s matriarch to his later kush lines. It wasn’t used very extensively by itself; it was just a step along the way to Kush’s future fame. Here’s the whole quote from 2010 Nevil on the Mr Nice forums:

Nevil said:

The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4 . The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it’s presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N.

No idea how bodhi got a hold of Jim Ortega’s / Nevil’s Kush 4 cut, but like everything he procures, it’s been extensively vetted before he uses it. Nevil in the 1980s and 90s was the owner of The Seedbank, head breeder for a short time with Sensi Seeds, and the co-founder of Greenhouse Seeds before Arjan turned it into a cash grab scam and Nevil divested his part of the business and cut ties.

Anyway, that’s the same Kush 4 used in bodhi’s DLA9. The Kush 4 imparts that very blue, steely look, and thick coating of trichs.

And here’s the whole smoke report in case BreedBay goes down again:

Kush 4 x OMG Tester Report-L.pdf (444.3 KB)

46 Likes