Bodhi Time Bandit and Goji

Haha, what do you mean? This is the thread where I was asking how “OG” the Goji really is. This is the appropriate place for your response haha. Shit, dude, you are high… :joy:

8 Likes

Lol. I guess it was appropriate. That Goji in concentrate form can put you in a state of confusion. Did a dab and lost my wits!

8 Likes

No, but they do begin to grow under the shade of the canopy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Gnatrol and sticky traps are all you need (buy the big double sided ones on Amazon for cheap, use one side at a time). I would use gnatrol if the infestation seems to be getting worse. Don’t shy away from using it just because of my unscientific observations. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for where they’re coming from, it’s likely the compost, maybe the peat, and/or EWC. They also exist out in nature and can piggyback on your fruit and veg from the store. Mine also live in houseplants. I bought my Malibu compost from BuildASoil in person at their Montrose warehouse and they still had gnats. Next time I’ll go for the Oly Mtn.

I use the minimum gnatrol dosage of 1tsp per gallon and, like I said, two applications 10-14 days apart and they’re gone. Gone gone. :slight_smile:

:peace_symbol:

P.S. I strongly encourage making F2 of everything you run, even if they’re testers. You never know when something won’t make it to retail and you’ll want to re-run it or share with friends.

16 Likes

Be careful, I have seen breeders loose their shit over this.

4 Likes

lol that’s asshattery of the highest order, trying to control what I do with my plants, as if I signed some licensing deal with them, or as if they own my plants. Such hubris.

Selfishness, greed and egos are a big problem these days, perhaps bigger than at any point in history previous. I’m surprised people support “breeders” like that, but for some reason Americans tend to be drawn to assholes and egomaniacs like moths to the flame. It’s so evident in the cannabis industry. Those are breeders I refuse to patronize. As if they didn’t get their genetics from somewhere. Such hypocrisy.

16 Likes

I have or had four 4Play going … only 3 now as i tossed one yesterday… slowest vegging plants ive ever had… the one just couldnt keep itself going… does Time Bandit come off the Wookie male?

3 Likes

@nube Yeah, I ordered the mosquito bits, DE and sticky traps all at once, right after I saw the gnats and before I saw your suggestion. Those all get here tonight, so I’m gonna water with the bits and bust out the traps tomorrow morning when I water. I dunno when that Gnatrol’s getting here. Hopefully the bits’ll keep them under control until the gnatrol gets here. I’m gonna hold off on the DE for a little bit, just because the last time I used DE (last grow), it formed like a layer of cement on top of my dirt. It bound with the mulch and after I chopped my plants, when I took the mulch off, the whole thing came off in one big clump on all of the plants. That can’t be good haha.

They’re definitely multiplying, though. I saw three times as many when I was in there watering yesterday as I did three days ago. Motherfuckers… I don’t think they’re coming from the EWC, just because I buy mine and it comes in sealed bags, not like the Bu’s with the holes all over. And I’ve used these castings before (Agrowinn) and never had a problem with gnats. Of course, that was at my old house, where I didn’t have to keep the tent door open during lights on. I really think it’s the peat moss. I’ve been using the same bag for years now, since I rarely mix up new batches of soil. Next time I do, I’m gonna use new peat (already have some).

And I agree with you on f2’ing everything. I should be doing that, don’t really know why I haven’t been. Especially that Golden Triangle/GHash tester I ran for Bodhi last run. That shit is outstanding, really wish I had more seeds of that.

6 Likes

Nah, Time Bandit is WiFi43 x GHash. I’m actually not as stoked about it as when I ordered those seeds, but that’s on me. I’m so out of the loop, busy doing my own thing over here, that I didn’t realize until after ordering the beans that the WiFi43 was different from straight White Fire. I loooooove White Fire, such a great, happy, motivating high. Apparently the 43 is a selection from a run of 500 seeds that leans way more Indica and has a heavier high. I shoulda looked into it before I ordered them. Really, the only reason I even got then (besides being a fan of White Fire) was because I was ordering the Appalachian Super Skunk beans and figured, you know, shit, while I’m getting these, I might as well get something else, too. But if I’da known about the 43, I probably would’ve gotten something else.

Let that be a lesson to you: don’t drink and buy beans haha!

I’ve run two Wookie crosses, the Pinball Wizard and the Cherry Trance, they vegged fine. Kinda sucks that your 4plays are vegging slowly. Have you grown any of B’s Wookie crosses before? I gotta say, the Pinball and the Trance were not my favorite Bodhi crosses. Really kinda turned me off from any more Wookie hybrids…

6 Likes

Hahaha dont drink and buy … i remember almost clicking on the Time Bandit too when we last bought that’s why i thought it was a Wookie cross as those are what i wanted to explore. But prolly more cos also a wifi fan cant remember haha… actually got a dank few plants off seeds of Wifi x Blue Tara from Sam. Beans were made by a chap thats more active over at IC … serious fire
Of the Wookie male I have grown Space Monkey only which made me want to check out more Wookie stuff. Currently have the Soul Mate, Terpenado and 4Play going… growth wise the Terp is doing great and the Soul Mate not too bad either… 4play though… which i was most excited for is just being a problem child.

Also picked up some ApSkunk too… a little slow getting their legs but doing good now… gonna flip in a couple weeks.

As for the damn gnats … how dry can you get those pots of yours? Id say take your mulch layeroff a few days and let the bags dry out as much as you can… then add the DE … let it sit like a top dress a day or 2 then see how its looking… may help get the fuckers outta there

6 Likes

Welllllll, I dunno how comfortable I feel letting my pots dry out. And I tried that last run, watered with nematodes and then didn’t water for three days. Didn’t seem to make a difference. Maybe three days wasn’t long enough. Whatever. I’ll deal with it. The mosquito bits, traps and DE just arrived, I’ll use that tomorrow.

The thing I didn’t like about the two Wookie crosses I grew was one: the smell and taste were really, really off-putting, especially the Cherry Trance. Both the Pinball and especially the Trance had this super-acrid cat piss-y smell that ordinarily wouldn’t bother me, but they both kind of tasted like that, too. All of the cat-pissy-smelling weed I’ve ever smoked before, that smell didn’t carry over to the flavor. But it did with those two.

And two: the yields were kind of shitty. They looked great, just eyeballing the nugs, but they both (and again, especially the Cherry Trance) were kind of airy. But airy in a weird way. The nugs FELT kind of dense, they weren’t easy to squeeze, but if you put a nug on a scale, it weighed like half what you’d expect. I filled four eight ounce mason jars, which would usually be two+ ounces, but with the Trance, that only equated to a little over an ounce. Real weird.

Anyway… I love the Appy dad and the GHash dad, so I’ll stick with those crosses haha.

6 Likes

Yeah ive enjoyed the App male most so far too

3 Likes

I think @ReikoX was speaking more on “testers” from breeders. Bodhi for example will allow a tester to “try” the product without making seeds. More for learning how the plant will react during flower and what to expect for customers. And to look for herms. They are not finished products yet and the breeder does not want those seeds to represent their work without proper testing.

I understand if you pay…but I think if it is testers, it should be up to the breeder.

7 Likes

(sorry for the off topic derailment, minitiger :slight_smile: lol)

Yep, I understood, @Tommy_McCain and I’m generally OK with holding back on sharing your work with testers until they’re released, yet I still think everyone should make F2 of everything with no wait, just don’t share them until after your tests are submitted, and don’t try to profit off them.

But there’s a whole cadre of “breeders” profiting off of bullshit hype, profiting immensely off of extremely greedy pricing, then acting like total assholes and hypocrites by putting undue restrictions on both testers and their retail offerings. I think most of us here realize just how inexpensive it is to mash two purchased clones together with STS and make 10,000 seeds with only a 3mo investment, then sell those seeds at 10 for $250 or more because of name recognition. I’m talking about those greedy, predatory manipulators.

I’m speaking against the philosophies of greed, hoarding, and general fuckery that pervade the cannabis scene and always have. And that have crept into modern life. And of how gullible consumers fall for hype and bravado and get cowed into a particular mindset by unscrupulous and predatory “influencers” who are just manipulating us for their gain. That’s all. Just a little rant against greed, selfishness, and the hypocrisy of claims of ownership of a plant. You know, the chains that bind us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

30 Likes

Nube, I think you know we both feel the same about making seeds and sharing freely. I definitly didnt say it was right, but if you want to continue to be a tester for someone, you should abide by their wishes. When you buy the seed, there is no license that goes with it, do as you will. IMO.

20 Likes

Agreed, and well said Reiko :heavy_heart_exclamation: And thank goodness for bodhi and his testers program. It’s accounted for the most rewarding experiences I’ve had with my garden, by far.

21 Likes

It’s cool @nube ,don’t worry about it. If you’ve ever seen any of my grow logs at the farm, you’ll know that they always tend to get pretty chatty haha… Y’all are free to ramble away.

Wellllllllll, shit… This sucks:

Both the Goji #5 and the Time Bandit #7 showed male real quick. Put them outside to enjoy a little real sunshine before I kill them. I dunno why, but I always take my males outside and let them hang there for a while before I kill them.

I was pretty sure the Time Bandit #7 was a male, noticed a couple weeks ago, actually. But I wanted to believe that my eyes were deceiving me, so I let it go. The Goji I really thought was a female, although to be honest, I’m kinda glad he turned out to be a he. That was the one I was most concerned about taking over the whole tent. Still, only two females from that whole pack of Gojis. Disappointing for sure…

That makes four grows in a row that I’ve ended up with way less than 50% females to males. Swear to gawd, I’m thinking abut dropping the $1600 and investing in this thing: https://medicinalgenomics.com I’m getting pretty sick of these weak-ass male/female ratios.

Plus side, the last of my seeds from my little seed buying binge over the last two months or so showed up a couple days ago:

I dunno if it’s because my mom died a few months ago or the quarantining or what (probably a combination of the two) or if it’s just because I’ve only been smoking what I grow myself for the last five years or so, but I’ve been feeling really nostalgic lately. Ended up ordering a bunch of crosses with genetics from like ten or fifteen years ago. Hollywood/Pure OG, Topanga (back when I lived in Los Feliz, I used to make special trips out to Sherman Oaks just to go to MMRC, before they were called Green Angel but after they left Malibu, just to get their '91 Pure and '91 Topanga and all of their '91 strains, really), Hell’s Angels, lotta Chem crosses and on and on. I even bought a pack of Bodhi’s Dream Lotus! Blue Dream! I haven’t smoked that in yeeeeeeearrrrrrrrsssss… I’ve seen that Dream Lotus available for a long-ass time, never wanted to get it at all. But I dunno, man, just been feeling like I miss those strains lately. Got a couple of Skywalker crosses etc etc. Lots of old shit.

Anyway… Yeah, two more males, which leaves me with six ladies. At least they’ve got a lot of room in the tent… haha! Top-dressed with malted barley powder today, watered it in with a little fulvic/aloe/K silicate. I dunno if any of y’all have ever used those malted barley topdresses, but they seem to work. Definitely cheaper than buying some bullshit bottled enzyme crap. I started using them last grow and one thing I definitely noticed is it really does knock a week or so off of the finishing times.

Oh! And I got my mosquito bits on Monday, watered with it Tuesday morning. Put four sticky traps in each pot, too (there were a shitload of gnats on them this morning, probably gonna have to switch them out in a day or two). The Gnatrol showed up yesterday, gonna water with that on Monday… So, yeah, things are rolling along. I’ll post pics of the plants in a few days.

18 Likes

Okay, so we’re on flower day 11. The Time Bandits stretched pretty good, more than I thought they were going to, but luckily they’ve all stretched about the same amount. There aren’t huge differences in height like there sometimes are with plants. The #9 Goji has actually kept right up with them, only the #3 Goji hasn’t stretched quite as much as the rest. Probably got another week or ten days of stretching left to go, we’ll see where they end up.

Gnats are starting to get pretty bad, watered with some Gnatrol today, probably water with it again in eight days, next Tuesday. The mosquito bits seemed to get them a little under control for a little while. When I watered two days ago, there really weren’t too too many. I changed the sticky traps (which were pretty covered) two days ago, as well, just to see how bad the gnats’d be today and there were quite a few on the traps this morning. Quite a few flying around, too. I only added one teaspoon of Gnatrol per gallon of water this time, but I may up the dose next week, depending on how bad it is.

Fucking gnats…

Anyway, here are the pants:

Time Bandit #2:

Time Bandit #3:

Time Bandit #4:

Time Bandit #6:

You can see that although they’ve all stretched about the same amount, there’s definitely a difference in how bushy they’re getting.

Goji #3:

Goji #9:

I’m probably gonna do a little training next time I water, spread those tops out so the lower halves of the plants get a little more light. I probably should’ve done it today, but I worked out super-hard before I watered and was feeling a little shaky. Watching the news hasn’t helped, either. If any of my growing brothers and sisters are in Portland, stay strong. Federal government is WAY outta control right now.

So, yeah, there it is. Day 11. I’m getting pretty eager for these to finish up (I know we’re about two months away…), both so I can sample some of the Time Bandit and so I can start some of my new beans. Just as an aside, I was on Attitude yesterday to order back-up packs of the Dreabread, Soar and Herer Hashplant that I just received and I was like,“Well, while I’m ordering these, I should see what else they have.” Noticed that they had re-stocked Karma’s Headbanger so I grabbed three packs haha. I’m suuuuuper-stoked about those. Supposedly, it’s the closest thing to Sour Diesel in seed form. And I LOVE Sour Diesel. I mean, the high is not my favorite, although I do like it, but that fucking FLAVOR. Can’t get enough of it. If the Headbanger tastes anywhere near as good as SD, I’ll be pumped. And if anybody has any experience with Headbanger, feel free to chime and lemme know what you think of it.

23 Likes

Here we are at flower day 21. The plants have quit stretching and I gotta say, I’m a little bit surprised at how much the Time Bandits stretched. This is the first GHash cross of Bodhi’s that I’ve grown that has stretched like this. I guess that White Fire 43 is pretty stretchy, despite it supposedly being a more Indica-leaning pheno of WiFi.

Time Bandit #2

Time Bandit #3

Time Bandit #4 (I topped this one twice)

And Time Bandit #6

Guess I forgot to take a little nug pic of the #6, but you get the idea…

Goji #3 (also topped this one twice)

Goji #9 (topped twice, too)

So they’re starting to get a little frosty, starting to look like real flowers. The gnats are still an issue, although some plants seem to be more infested than others. “Infested” really isn’t the right word; there’s more gnats in some of the plants, but it hasn’t reached “infestation” classification just yet. I watered with Gnatrol ten days ago and again two days ago, along with OG Biowar foliar pack and switched out the yellow sticky traps for the third time. Hopefully that was the last time I’ll need to do that, but if it has to be done again next week, I’ll do it.

The other day, when I opened the tent in the morning, I caught a nice whiff of straight-up typical OG, but for the most part, everything’s been smelling surprisingly fruity. Mostly super-sweet tropical fruit and melon. I’m sure that’ll change by the time they get jarred up. I hope it does, to be honest. I’m prepared for the Goji to have some fruity flavors (it is named Goji OG, after all), but if the Time Bandits end up smelling/tasting fruity… I dunno. That’ll be kind of weird haha! considering the genetics and all…

Anyway, yeah, so day 21. Sx or seven weeks to go…

25 Likes

Your plants are turning out gorgeous so far! I love the healthy shade of green and the shape of all of them. And that early frost is choice. Do you count days from flip or from onset of flower?

None seem to have gotten too unruly during stretch, looks like a 2x stretch which seems normal for HP crosses. I’m excited to see how those Time Bandits turn out.

What’s the Goji sugar leaf frost smell like? I’ve heard the lankier Goji are the ones to shoot for. More Nepali OG, I guess? I’ve only smoked the B cut, never grew it. Good but mild straw?berry flavor.

I don’t see any thrips damage on your leaves so I’m guessing it’s just gnats. Seems you caught them just in the nick of time, too, or else they could have ripped through your roots.

Amen to your prior comments about the Feds in Portland. Total jackbooted thug style escalation tactics, trying to incite instead of unite. You’d like to think the Feds are normal people just like you and me, with consciences and compassion for their fellow humans, but it sure doesn’t seem like it. Macing pregnant moms in peaceful protest. Oof.

Did you collect any pollen for F2 from the Goji and Time Bandit males you had outside?

15 Likes