Bow4Buck and The Learning Curve

Cutting another this morning and noticed something interesting. Maybe many of you already knew this but new to me.
It seems like lighting has an effect on the purple. Got some heavy very dense buds that were flopped over. Top side towards the light started getting the purple fades. Underneath away from the light stayed pretty much green.

Pics of just 2 buds that look like this, many of them are like this though.

Two sides, same buds…

Anyone else ever noticed this???

13 Likes

Hey hey fellow growers, how grows it? With work and now hunting, hasn’t been many updates :upside_down_face:
Chopped the one fruity pheno this morning. Tried something different with this one. Cut the water off roughly around 14 days ago and let it dry on the vine so to speak. Stuck stems and all in a Grove bag for the cure. Just curious :thinking: how this will turn out. See no issues so far.
Last 2 plants just about ready to come down.

16 Likes

Outmotherfuckingstanding, my brother :+1:t4: :clap:t4: :v:t4:

6 Likes

Beautiful garden B4B.
One of these days I’ll get this good. May take a couple years tho.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words gents. @BigMike55 pretty humble of you, considering I’ve drooled over more than one of your grows. Second fiddle to no one buddy. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Appreciatcha saying so, but honestly, I just try to keep up with you GOOD growers.

4 Likes

Thought I was going to chop these this weekend. Looks like another week maybe.
Some amber in there but on leaves. I want to see it on those buds. So close…

16 Likes

6 Likes

You Bi? Lol

I’m Tri cannabis!!! I’ll try em all!!!

Great looking buds there!

How’s the Bowing 4 Buck going? Guessing thats a hunting reference?!

2 Likes

Yeah, stayed in from the rain this morning. I’ve been out 4 times. Passed a few small bucks, doe and fawns are everywhere though. Try again tonight.
My oldest son is here for the week. He shot 2 does yesterday morning.

6 Likes

Hey brother, i didn’t know about these at the time of the post…
Recently saw a video on why that might be…
According to that, the purple is created by the plants to protect it from the UV lights…

It’s like the plant saying, “oh no, too much UV, i need to block some”, so it produces what’s called as anthocynanins which gives them that purple hue…

2 Likes

Like I said in the post, had no idea why they did that. Now I know. :grin: just an interesting observation…

5 Likes

Some nice flowers.

2 Likes

How goes it folks. Been awhile for me to post anything on here. Journal time-line is pretty accurate. Had a grow going back in November and just kinda took a break for a while after that harvest.

Decided to soak a few beans recently, went with a few autos to get my feet wet again.
The 3 larger plants in flower are from @repins12 the majority are Durban Sunrise. Got a couple Bug Bud, Hindu Kush and Magnum Hindu in there also.

Got this one Durban Sunrise looking pretty interesting at the moment.

That’s all I got going at the moment. Got a couple projects coming up in the very near future. Just gotta get my tent room and the hydro up and running again. Have a great weekend everyone, feels good to be back…

16 Likes

Great to see you back @Bow4Buck !
You still potting up mums or other ornamentals ??
Your plants are looking great, doesn’t look like you’ve skipped a beat !

3 Likes

Good to see ya back my friend
image (99)
:v:t4:
Gary

6 Likes

I was worried about you. Glad your back.,
I love the kush.

2 Likes

Glad to be back, just took a lil break and had to make some life adjustments. We are all good. Hope everyone is doing well.

Just in giving a lil feed and water to the babies this afternoon.

The 3 bigger ones I started earlier are fatning up nicely. Even got one starting to fade a bit.

All the others got a small defol last night. Not much, just the biggest fans that were blocking light.

Got a second one that showing some purp now. I just love purple weed for some reason.

Started cleaning up the tents and room last night, should have them ready to run in a week or so. Guess I should start soaking more beans :grin:

14 Likes

I have to much life adjustments going on. Why is so nuch when you get older. lol

2 Likes

Thought that you might be interested in this. :v:t4:
Gary

2 Likes