Brown spots on leaves

Oh wow in the case of the first picture it looks like the bottom leaves are having worse symptoms but you will know better where the symptom has started top or bottom. If it’s from the top it’s surely Ca deficiency.

Btw, what’s the pH lvl you water with?

1 Like

My water goes in at 6. Not sure what the runoff ph is as I’ve never watered to runoff. From what I’m reading I should probably bump the pH up some.

Do you give them foliar sprays or feeds with anything?I had to to a run of neem oil foliar wise and it cause some burns that look like that.My case it might be the dish soap I used as an emulsifier might have been too strong.they make everything concentrated these days

First pic looks Potassium, second one looks like Phosphorous, purple petioles and copper blotches:

You could flush with distilled and pHed water and check runoff’s pH and ppm, seems the plant is not processing many nutrients … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Calcium is important to other elements. If the calcium is locked out so will the other elements be.
Like @George suggests I’d start with the pH run off. If it’s to high flush her until it’s in the correct range needed. Most issues come down to the pH. If the pH is in range all the elements will be available to the plant.
One thing. Before you check the pH CONFIGURE your meter. This here is where I always mess up :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Seems you will never leave behind that nightmare :sweat_smile:, I second what you say after reading the “wheel of death” chart, Ca against Phosphorous and Potassium … :sweat:

b2aaa58ca9f4e75a5c4eda77500d9d814276d05a_2_535x500

1 Like

Bro it’s total laziness on my part. I’m gonna change my username to LNSOG (lazy not so old grower :rofl:)

1 Like

Damn, that sounds good.
If it is ph lvl of 6, def sounds it is in a good range. I feel like most likely it is not a pH problem unless you are in flowering right now. Perhaps a problem with watering/irrigation?

1 Like

I am 100% overwatering. I was of the mind the spots were because of deficiency but I didn’t want to jump the gun and feed 'em for it to be an excess or something and make it worse. I did flip the lights for 3 days but I ended up flipping them back when the spots started getting worse.

1 Like

That’s what’s going in not what’s coming out bro :v:

2 Likes

Getting runoff is difficult for me as I’m not really set up for it. 25 Gallon pot that i’ve already been overwatering with no tray under it. I’d like to do a slurry test but all I have is PH drops since I can’t afford a good meter and don’t trust cheap ones, so take my PH with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Also now that I think about it, I tend to PH 5 gallons of water and use it throughout 1-2 weeks. Maybe my PH is drifting?

1 Like

If your not able to adjust and test properly your gonna have to just ride it out. Sometimes these things can correct themselves.
If your pH isn’t in the correct range the plant can’t use the element it’s lacking and it has a knock on effect with other elements. Yes even in soil. Soil buffers will only last a certain amount of time before they fail.

1 Like

More than likely. Also are you oxygenating the water???

I am not. I just keep it cold and in a 5 gallon bottle with a cover on it but I definitely should be now that I think about it and I do have a pump. I will start keeping it bubbling and checking the PH before each watering and go from there.

1 Like

That is huge ass pot tho. Gosh, 100 litres is sick haha
After I realized your watering pH level is in the safe zone and other elements deficiencies are not really showing I still don’t think it is pH level problem, but I am suspecting maybe too much EC in soil compare to plants at night time. I mean not lack root pressure is causing a problem.

So avoid watering few hrs prior to the night time or dilute the solution.

In my opinion, we can’t assure what causes the problem right now but we can start from higher chance and easier factor. (I’m saying higher chance by regulating irrigation, cuz you are aware of irrigation problem and aware that ur watering pH is at least right and there is no other symptoms than Ca deficiency.)

:+1: excellent. pH will drift over time. Also add any feed BEFORE adjusting the pH.

1 Like

I have a pretty good idea of how much to water this pot when the plants are well established but this is the first time I’ve had smallish plants in it. I’m gonna cut way back on the water from now on.

1 Like

Invest in some fabric pots bro. Overwatering then becomes near on impossible.

It actually is a fabric pot

Since I can’t really give this one the lift test and I’m bad at remembering if I watered or not, I tend to water thinking that I didn’t already. I have a calendar in the tent now so hopefully that will help :joy:

2 Likes