Brown spots on leaves

I give up. That pot is huge for indoors. No wonder you don’t water till run off :rofl:
I stand by my pH statement though. pH is usually the culprit with most plant issues. Hopefully you get it sorted out :+1:

2 Likes

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen here icon_e_surprised|nullxnull, I remember Shadey speaking of 15 gallons of soil being enough to buffer the pH, so you shouldn’t have problems with that huge pot, try to water less and prepare it following wise advice given here … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I hear you. Probably you know what you are doing.

Okay, I think i come up with the idea.

You know normally your irrigation works with bigger plants but just this time it is with a smaller plant and it is having a problem. So I think that soil is holding a lot of water but I mean too much EC not water contents. Thus, it has high EC in grow medium than the plant, it is taking moisture out of plants rather than plants taking up water from soil. Due to lack of this root pressure, Ca is not delivering enough to the new growth.

So my solution will be dilute your fertiliser a bit or if it is pallet fertiliser already mixed in soil then irrigate less until plant gets bigger as you know how to deal with bigger plants in your pot and irrigation schedule. :facepunch:

and holy shit that’s huge bro

I probably should’ve mentioned that the only feeding I typically do is top dressing dry amendments. I’m not sure why I’ve been giving them so much water because my last run in this bed I watered plants larger than this 2.5 gallons at most once a week, more like once every 2 weeks all through flower and they were happy as can be. I should’ve known better

1 Like

If it’s topdressing then feels even more like it’s related to irrigation haha
As we have some clue about it, you can give a shot with watering less. If that works in few days then you are happy and i’m happy :joy:

I’d say try bottom feeding but I doubt it would hit the roots with that pot :rofl:

1 Like

I looked into it but I would probably have to downsize to a 20 gallon because there’s not enough room around the pot for a tray. And if the roots were large enough for that the plant would’ve grown through the tent.

1 Like

To fill a pot that big with roots will need months and months of veg time. A 15 to 20l is perfect for a month to 6 week veg time and 8 to 16 bloom. I’d expect a 10ft plant outdoors with a pot that big. You planning a single plant scrog of something???

1 Like

Nah. Just wanted the biggest volume of soil I could get in my tent so I could be slack with the watering, and my understanding is that for organic, you want a big pot. I actually downsized to the 25 gallon pot from a 35 gallon tote.

1 Like

Yeah organics isn’t my thing but then again organics isn’t for the lazy like me also :rofl:
I hope stuff corrects itself and you grow a beast of a plant :v:

2 Likes

I feel the same :joy:

1 Like

George,
Those yellow halos are a dead give away for a fungus infection…that most likely is Septoria
FWIW

So if that is the case would cutting off the affected leaves, defoliating, and increasing airflow as well as lowering the humidity help?

1 Like

Sure would get rid of the innoculum. If it cleaned up on it’s own you probably just had a interval of time where your VPD was out of whack ! You are lucky if it didn’t spread ! If that’s the case just be sure you keep that VPD in range…The Septoria inoculum (spores) will be around for awhile, but in less the humidity/temp get’s out of whack again it won’t be able to reproduce and you’ll have dodged the bullet !!!

Good Luck

Thought about it but don’t think so, spots have a more regular round shape:

Captura

they are often very uniform, like little circles. Each spot is the receptacle of a spore (ewwww) which look like tiny dark specks in the center of each spot