Bubba Kush cuts …

yea i got a thread on it, once second and ill post a link to it and my youtube https://youtu.be/U5fxAMadXTg?si=xZK_FUWzCcGH7ay2

5c29b73072978070c55ce0f80ab48d80bdada802_2_375x500 3a4c9160a568b885c72f5246ad5f2f648beb5fa8_2_375x500 bdbf9ae38b1cb1ab51e880ffa7b20edfd9b44ed0_2_375x500 4b1c653ebf97457df4663118331e910202827479_2_375x500 3519d919f9294db94c85d9afe4bd8536311eec54_2_375x500 32f799a57be6b42a73f62567706e42cd8d421fb3_2_375x500

Grease Stain

17 Likes

i think you might have misread his comment. he said his cut has been with him and his friend for 18 years. im sure its been around a while longer no doubt. So many original bubbas pre 98s, everyone has different phenos…

5 Likes

I wish one could sample the various cuts side by side to compare , growing methods and can cause slight changes in expression, I agree there was one bubba kush back in the day then came the katsu, mint, and purple cuts but that’s was a few years after the first one I saw and grew came around and then disappeared, I’ve always assumed most were s1s , the first cut I grew wouldn’t grow balls but would certainly produce tons of bananas if stressed by light and heat when others didn’t.
The one @Shoreline posted and the one csi posted could be the same just slightly different based on environment , I see similarities and pictures aren’t the best comparison method.
Also very few people had actually heard of let alone were growing bubba kush and og during the 2002 -2005 timeframe but so many seem to have a cut they have been holding onto sense then.

7 Likes

I dont have the cut that we grew back in 2002-2005, but it produced reddish buds… not green, not purple… red and hairy :joy::raised_hands:
The main grower of that Bubba Kush cut ended up passing away during a knee surgery and I haven’t seen that pheno since then.

I really l Iike my FJ ‘original’ cut, the one you have, and sadly just lost my pre-98 during winter vacation :face_with_head_bandage: I won’t trip though, to me the Original has consistently been stronger and higher yielding. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Here is his grow:

4 Likes

Is this what CSI made his S1s From?
Looks way different than the pre98 from katsu I grew out.
I can’t wait to test these out.

5 Likes

Appreciate you

2 Likes

the pre98 is probably an s1/s2 of the cut CSI reverses

9 Likes

I miss read your post ,that’s what I was thinking
I might have got that wrong.

Looks like katsu works with the pre98 and katsu bubba and the original.

1 Like

@Heritagefarms is correct , the CSI cut is the same cut I posted.

The CSI pics are the same cut just further along in flower.

Heritage farms is familiar with the cut to recognize that.

6 Likes

Just found some good 2015 grow logs of CSI and ORGNKID Katsu S1 Bubbas if anyone wants to dig in here:

6 Likes

Been just under a month since I showed my small Matt Berger Bubba Kush clone.

So here she is now. That’s her on the left in front.

37 Likes

If that is true then it would explain why The Pre-98 cut breeds and selfs so well… because an S1, having been essentially inbred for a generation, would be significantly more likely to breed true for any of its traits than its parent.
But, reading the stories from more recent years, that would make the Bubba 93 / Berger cut an F1 hybrid? (bubba x kush - ive never read about it being further worked/inbred ?) - and that would mean there was likely to be some segregation when it was selfed or crossed… and i have never heard of people talking about getting the ‘bubba pheno’ or ‘kush pheno’ when growing S1s of that cut from CSI or wherever else. THAT is the bit of the story that doesn’t quite add up for me.
VG

8 Likes

Looks spot on and nicely grown.
enjoy
VG

3 Likes

I kinda like’em thicc :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Caleb/Napecta on Bubba S1 and origin stories

Also some of Caleb/Shabud talking about BubbaTales:

5 Likes

That Matt Berger/orgnkid green pheno definitely has a tk/og flavor buried amongst the chocolate/coffee notes. Gotta say tho, I’m not really a fan of that bubba kush cut. It’s okay, but that’s as far I can go with it. Heard quite a bit that her s1’s and outcrosses produce better cuts.

9 Likes

Interesting, thanks. I find all the origin tales interesting, but they tend to change over the years and the people claiming them usually have skin in the game. I’m in UK and have no idea of the truth about origins. My cut is proven after 12 years of S1s and crosses… any story comes secondary to that imo.
VG :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“If that is true then it would explain why The Pre-98 cut breeds and selfs so well… because an S1, having been essentially inbred for a generation, would be significantly more likely to breed true for any of its traits than its parent.”

that is my take away too if true. archive and csi both say that cut came from swerve initially.

but as to the rest of your post, yeah on the Adam Dunn show when Josh D and Matt Berger are talking the origin of Bubba Kush, Matt says Josh’s Kush (OG) hermed and pollinated Matt’s “Bubba” cut of Northern Lites #? but then Josh chimed in and said it was the Bubba that hermed and pollinated his Kush (OG). So even at this level of the story there seemed to be some light confusion.

I’d have to go back and listen but I’m not even sure if it was just the one seed that came from that or what but yeah that’s the seemingly accepted origin story for Bubba Kush at this point.

the whole Berger cut thing is not something i’m familiar with seeing being used up until recently. i was under the impression Matt Berger wasn’t in possession of the cut himself the entire time when he moved FL > CA so i guess there’s that possibility of that cut itself being a s1/copy but i’m not sure.

but you’re right there is some shit that doesn’t fully add up. because you’ve got the cut CSI reverses which was shared by Shabud which is according to those dudes the “oldest” sourced online cut of Bubba Kush… and now recently with the Archive x Orgnkid interview, Orgnkid says he either bought or recieved the Bubba Kush clone from a mutual friend named Bernie, who got it from Josh D’s crew late 90’s/early 2000’s…

so if the “Original Bubba Kush” via Shabud and the Orgnkid/Katsu Bubba Kush aren’t the same cuts, then what are they? lol. Perhaps the “Original” Bubba Kush didn’t come before the others like people think it did. Or maybe the Bubba Kush Orgnkid sold as clones (which we today call the Katsu) was an S1 from Orgnkid’s seeds in a little bait and switcheroo?

Def some loose ends still. Or maybe I’m missing some info here. Most of what I’ve gathered is from those old Dunn Show podcasts, talking with Nspecta, and now hearing this Orgnkid interview.

8 Likes