Bubba Kush cuts …

That’s precisely why i said what I did last week. 99.9% of the world knows bubba and bubba Kush to be the same thing. So to make distinctions between something that was never accessible to any of us, just causes confusion

6 Likes

Thats about all i know on the subject. I steer clear of epigenetics and and skeptical of them… genetics are hard enough for me to understand and epigenetics kind of negates genetics so…

3 Likes

For sure. And I said what I said because after growing these out, I think that story is true. Least when it comes to that Matt Berger cut. idk on that pre98/Katsu/whatever cuts.

1 Like

Just don’t know what OG means when you guys use it. Acronym for something I thought was original grower original gangster don’t know this shit and too old not to be embarrassed to ask. Just trying to enlighten my mind so my ass can follow bro.

3 Likes

OG Kush, Triangle Kush, The White. These are all “OG” or “Kush” type plants. Fck whatever the acronym is supposed to mean. It’s a cannabis plant type characterized by viney, lanky stems, nuggetty buds, and an earthy aroma which is damn near unmistakable. Not christmas trees, not long cola’s, not bushes, not poles. It’s a specific growth pattern and smell/taste ^^

4 Likes

Yeah but the only problem is, you have zero experience with that bubba that you were speaking of and your pinning your hopes of what you think you know real OG is from some clones you got on the internet that may or may not be it.

So unless you got your OG cut from ghost, Orgnkid or your TK from Ricky. Unless you experienced this bubba plant from Matt. Nothing your saying is definite. It’s conjecture at best

2 Likes

? I grew out the Matt Berger cut 3 times dude.

I said I haven’t tried the other one’s.

Cuts were direct from FarmerJoe so…

4 Likes

Yeah but you’re saying it’s different than “bubba” so what are you talking about ?

2 Likes

I think we’re just going in circles now and end up agreeing :thinking:

I still don’t agree that this cut I got from Orgnkid that you guys started calling “Berger cut” is 100% bubba ? And og or tk

1 Like

I said I grew the matt berger cut, and that I agree with his story that it is bubba x og kush. To me I see, taste, and smell it in there. That’s all i said.

HE made the distinction. HE said bubba was some NL plant, hermed on OG kush. Popped seeds, found the plant he calls ‘Bubba Kush’.

Whether or not that’s the same cut you have, smoked, seen, is it the same one that was going around decades ago, i don’t fucking know. All I know is I heard the story, grew that cut, and agree with it.

I said I dont know about the other cuts and what they are or if they have OG in it or not, but i’m damn near positive the matt berger one does.

9 Likes

Well if anyone has any cuts, snips, or clones that they don’t think is the original one, I am accepting them at my location at this time for rehoming :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Since my memories of the first kush I ever smoked back in 1985 are of a smell that I consider to be exactly like Bubba Kush I question all the stories of it being created later. And once I read the story of the man Baba Ku I seriously began to question all the westerners stories.

I am not sure if there is a connection between bubba and OG kush, Bubba is a short broad leaf pheno with chocolate and gas (I get gas in both of mine) while the OG is a tall narrow leaf pheno with a distinct scent. If they were related I would think that at least one S1 of one of them would resemble the other… but I have never seen such an expression.

I have heard from friends in San Diego, LA, and Humboldt that there are groups of Asian growers who ONLY grow Bubba kush. These growers flooded the markets with Bubba and lowered the value to the point that the dispensaries quit carrying it. Since I personally saw similar depressions when everyone was growing OG kush and Romulan (our dispensaries quit buying them due to market saturation in 2004) , those multiple similar reports from people who don’t know each other seem, to me, add weight to their stories.

I dont think we will ever know the truth about where many of our favorite cultivars originated

8 Likes

No, this is what you said :point_up_2:t3:.
In the same statement your saying it’s 100% an OG or TK cross of it but admit you have zero experience with this “pure bubba” your referencing it to and you also have no experience with any of the other bubba cuts to compare.

1 Like

That’s what happened to bubba here, 95-2010 it was everywhere increasingly so year after year, then it dissapeared almost overnight. Then guys went from 1500- 2500$ In a few weeks. That was when I really started trying to source her again, took me ten years but I did finally. I truly believe the flooding of the market with her is what led to her being so expensive and elusive for a while, but now she’s back with a vengeance and a bunch of cuts :man_facepalming:t2:

I’m looking forward to throwing them down side by side. Probably start next week

6 Likes

Send me the rehoming fee and I got you covered

3 Likes

Yeah, as in everything you’re saying sounds like you don’t have or have had the cut I just grew out.
So my guess, is you have or had whatever was prior to that cut I just grew out.

4 Likes

Like, may just have to agree to disagree here. None of us can prove anything. This is all dumb speculation.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity…. What’s the source of your cut

2 Likes

FarmerJoe, same place the TK came from, the Chem91, Chem D, Chem #4

2 Likes