Bubba Kush cuts …

Its pretty common belief that it is true.

I think the right pheno is a superior bubba kush whichever way you look at it.

Ps. Im beginning to think it’s possible he used illidium. But looking into it more. A similar plant to bubba also. Possibly an s1.

2 Likes

Very pretty.

1 Like

There was/is a post on icmag where BOG shows the tray of clones he got from, I think it was Orgnkid? And there was bubba in the tray. dank.frank at icmag will remember lol. Idk if he’s at OG @dank.frank

He never admitted it I don’t think. And he kept the lineage of Sour Dubb in the dark too.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I have some of Dougs Sour Bubble beans ill have to fish out a male but im sure i wont have to fish to far I seen the Dude Doug used and he was a beast.I wont mind tossing an illudium Cutting in there just for curiosity i made 3 more just for tinkering.I was told to get a elite clone only cutting to a reg seed form one of the best ways is to find something thats very close to it if you cant find the original parents anymore.Will have to do a side by side and see a comparison.This is going to take a bit.Gonna go look for those beans after work and get into some trouble and see what happens

2 Likes

I can’t find it now, but there was a vendor site that listed BOG Bubble as Bubblegum x Pre ‘98 Bubba Kush.
Seedsherenow has BOG Bubble simply as Bubblegum x Kush. And appears to be in stock.

Looking at @DougDawson ’s Sour Bubble F2 seed run, the F1 plants look very much to be Bubba dom. and the buds look way more like Bubba buds than Bubblegum imho.
Orig. Bubblegum was very Skunk dom. in every way from my memory of it 14+ years ago. I could be wrong.

5 Likes

James Bean has often said there were so many Bubbles Bog had it was truly Boggling and probably where he got the name for Bogglegum.Said the man had a bubble for every thing. its on the Future Cannabis Project youtube channel right after BOG passed and he was trying to raise funds for The Bog family and had a giant fundraiser online

6 Likes

Here’s twenty20 mendocino Bubba kush after heavy defoliation.

11 Likes

The beans Doug used were from recent years. A good representation of Sour Bubble.

But the Sour Bubble from pre 2009 are where its at.

Hitting up Illidium would produce some fire. That is something I plan to do in the future also. And planning to do pre98.

3 Likes

I have Some good pre 98 bubba from Bobgrows she has the closest Pre 98 bubba in a reg seed form i know of She has had it for 19 years now i want to say and i just found a flip of Bog Bubble from Doug as well I have a bunch of nice stuff to make crosses with that Ludy now i think about it and i also have a whole metric buttload of Jacalyn Pollen now so There is going to be some cool shit floating around OG real soon

14 Likes

You had me at pre-98 Bubba lol

7 Likes

Illudium Going in flower tent tonight.Earth worm castings and dr earth flower girl with some malted two row barley with a wet down of some fulvic acid and a kiss of some powdered sulfur and Organic Eggshell Molasses apple cider Calmag supplement i whipped up.Tomorrow morning early as shit around 6am she will get a Soapnut spray and a good adjusted ph 6.3 watering with some Ozone treated water to give them some Zip.Very happy plant even the rusting is keeping at a minimum leaves are turning Almost jet black and blue very shiny took a couple more good cuttings not a bad haul worth the wait id say

13 Likes

Does anyone happen to have any information on these? Curious of what they really might be as I cannot find anything about them. I believe these were a freebie from a FB pickup a few years ago.

7 Likes

That’s what I’ve been saying!
It’s a keeper most definitely! :v::green_heart:

5 Likes

That Stuff came from a Medical collective didnt it?Cant remember if you got it from s dispo or a medical .What do you think they crossed into that one to get the Bubba in it to a regular seed?Im getting the Coffee and chocolate like a mocha smells like the old bubba i used to get in highschool

3 Likes

It came from Northern California a long time friend had a massive grow operation. Between California and Oregon. This was back early 80’s. He had his own plane and would hear about these gem strains. He only wanted the best and would fly to get them, grow them and would propagate what he loved. Well this Bubba I have came from him.
Then I propagated them.
He has taught me well.

19 Likes

What’s the label say at the bottom ?

1 Like

“Death to the seedbank, buy breeder direct.”

4 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks for that info!

2 Likes