Buddertons Tomfoolery

@Budderton, oh boy! Overgrow the world!! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

Morning!!

3 Likes

Good morning, my Brazilian friend! @Abbbian this is the way I’ve always done it!:grin:

3 Likes

@Budderton Hi! Hope one day I’m able to do that! Lots of ground to cover and tons of learning to do first! Learning not to kill my plants for one!! lol! :flushed: :rofl: Have a great Sunday!!

3 Likes

How long have you been revegging this baby!? Looks totally healthy!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

2 Likes

@Budderton are those NYC diesel crosses?

2 Likes

Thanks. I think it’s been about two months since I put it back in the veg room.

2 Likes

Nope. New York City Chem from Top Dawg. It’s a poke at Soma from J.J. for stealing the name and using it on unrelated genetics back around 2000.
N.Y.C. Chem is the Chem D clone x a Chem 91 BX3 male. Highly inbred Chem Dog…:fire:

13 Likes

Hah. that’s awesome! Didn’t know he retaliated.

That is gonna be some

Nice work man! Hope your reveg makes you lots of beans next time. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Yah , @Rhino_buddy ,that one’s Meat Breath x Sherb Breath, made to have the mendo breath f2 male “Studley” as the grandfather for both parents. I’ve got the Sherb Breath male still and I’m planning on putting that back onto clones of the re-vegged daughter to make a batch of beans that I can select males from for future seed making.:grin:

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I actually recall now that you mention it JJ saying on his potcast interview that he and some New York heads were pretty tweaked at soma for his NYC diesel. Makes sense he’d take a poke at him like that. Very cool

3 Likes

Sounds excellent. :drooling_face: I’ve got two Guerilla Fume running downstairs right now, got them from a fellow grower as 14" plants in Solo cups a week or so ago; the day I brought them in and unpacked them from the plastic bag they’d been jammed into, they were putting off such intense chemical smells from the stress that I would’ve sworn he’d been using Roundup or something if I didn’t know any better.

5 Likes

The first “hype” weed? Yah was a bit of a dick move.
He got me. I think it was $400 can at the time.:slightly_frowning_face:

12 Likes

Sounds deliciously disgusting!!:grin:

2 Likes

Damn, must be all that fancy packaging driving up the seed prices eh?

4 Likes

LoL! Yah the seeds where in a little baggie, stapled in that hole! Top knotch! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I guess they could have been anything really… I don’t really remember the plants other than they where disappointing!

6 Likes

Sadly not the first sub par review I’ve heard of his work. Seems like there are instances where his genetics hit it way out of the park, but there’s a lot of sifting through some less than ideal stuff to find the winners.

3 Likes

I worry about that all the time. I feel like it’s possibly an issue with resellers, as they are probably in just for the money. I know there’s plenty of credible ones out there at least. I don’t feel like I have to worry about that in this wonderful community though. Those folks get weeded out pretty quick here. :wink:

4 Likes

Most was like that 20-25 years ago I found. You had to crack more beans to find the good ones. I brought packs back from the Dam around 1995 and went thru them over the next couple yrs. Didn’t find a keeper.:slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

I have heard it can be a real problem. Especially if the re-seller, or someone that works for them is a hard drug user. :slightly_frowning_face: And then the purchaser thinks he has one thing but it’s really another and he makes beans and labels them incorrectly, gives them out to 20 people and so on and so on till no one can be sure what they have! It’ll be cool when DNA sequencing becomes affordable for regular folk.:+1:

5 Likes

The problem is real. Sucks we can’t just trust people. Cèst la vie, such is life. Right?! :person_shrugging:

4 Likes