Buddertons Tomfoolery

I think there’s a small percentage of re-sellers that use selling beans to fund their habits. They can pull the legit beans and sell them to someone in the loop. Then replace with whatever and sell as legit. Double dipping, so to speak. With so many new growers out there that don’t know the difference, it’s easy for them. You can kinda spot them, if you know what to look for.:-1::-1:

13 Likes

Time to bag this little guy!

The bag is made of light gauge packing paper, cut to fit with tuck tape. It breathes well and lets enough light in for the clusters to open up and drop pollen but keeps it contained.

23 Likes

When it comes time to open it and collect the pollen are you flipping it upside down? My male opened last night unexpectedly (I thought I had another few days at least) and I had to take emergency measures. I didn’t get around to grabbing some shipping paper in time but I’m most likely going to today and do this method.

5 Likes

Yah pretty much. Collect in the garage or screened in porch, somewhere far away from your flower room. After your done collecting, have a shower and change your clothes before you go near your flower spot.
You can tape multiple sheets together to make any size bag you need. Support with bamboo or whatever you use.:grin:

10 Likes

I can’t leave the plant in my bathroom but that’s most likely where I’d take the bag off and get the pollen collected. Exhaust fan on and then right into the shower when I’m done and let it get nice and steamy.

4 Likes

Yep. Water/humidity is your friend when trying to deactivate pollen.:+1: I do my pollinations in a stand up shower stall(pics at beginning of this thread). It’s still air and I can hose everything down before I put them back in the flower room.:droplet:

9 Likes

Can I ask what brand of paper it is? I’m not familiar with packing paper?

4 Likes

It’s the paper you’d wrap glass cups with when you were packing them for moving.

I’m assuming anyway.

4 Likes

Yep. $7 for 88 sheets or something like that. I hold the sheet up to the light and check for pin holes(I’ve only found a few) and if there’s non, I make a bag with it.

Once this male is ready, I’m gonna document how I collect pollen, and then I’ll have pics of all the steps on how I do pollinations to make a dedicated thread. Coming soon…:grin:

15 Likes

That would be awesome if you could! I’m running boys for the first time and need some real broken down steps to help my old brain!

4 Likes

Looking forward to that , cheers nice work

2 Likes

For sure. I wanna have all the major steps documented first. Should be 2-3 wks. How far along are your males? Are you flowering them yet?

6 Likes

neat experiment and interesting to know…

2 Likes

Interesting, I dig it. I had been trying to figure a way I could grow a few males and not have to have them in their own solo tents lol.

3 Likes

I’ve been bagging for years, thanks to Mel Frank. This way works well for me, I’ve just never bothered to document each step until now.

13 Likes

Just started 10 beans yesterday so this would be perfect timing. Plan on doing exactly what you do in terms of collecting and pollinating the girls, so broke down steps would help big time!

4 Likes

@Budderton
Mel frank
Thats a name you don’t hear often

5 Likes

Yes I’m always lurking your grows
@Budderton

4 Likes

Yah, him, Ed Rosenthal, and Rob Clarke where the main influencers.

6 Likes

I’ll be lurking once you get some Biker Slush going under that Cali sunshine!:sun_with_face::+1:

4 Likes