Buddertons Tomfoolery

Beautiful sativa plants! :heart_eyes:
Please keep posting pics, love seeing them grow.

7 Likes

looking good @Budderton, they are going to be some large plants when flowering stretch kicks in… Can’t wait

4 Likes

Definitely excited to see how these come out.
Also curious if the led will shorten flowering :crossed_fingers::grin:

4 Likes

Great job at keeping those sativa girls tame! The Columbian gold is looking like she might give you some guff though :joy:

They all look great!

8 Likes

I hope not but yeah, they will. Gonna be no bigger than 16" (hopefully) when they go in to cook, so we’ll see where they end up in 3-6 months.

5 Likes

Hopefully it keeps them shorter, if not shortening the flower time. First time doing Sativas under LED and I can tell there’s gonna be a learning curve EG.

5 Likes

Thanks man. Yeah those Columbians are stretchers for sure. Gonna lobe the heads off down to 4 nodes to set them back a bit. Just letting them grow a nice root ball before they get cut back.

7 Likes

Thanks @Tuned . There’s a bunch of stuff happening, should be lots of pics upcoming. In fact here’s one of the Malawi Gold that is starting to get settled.

Arrakku Valley variety, from Indian. Not as pale looking as the LEDs are making it appear in this pic, but for sure under fed. Still getting settled.

:grin::v:

28 Likes

Did you just cut the bottoms out of the solos and plant in bigger pot? That seems like it makes watering easier :thinking: unless you don’t have an issue with watering like I do.

5 Likes

Those Arrakku look interesting! Have you run them before?

5 Likes

Yep. Kinda like Rockwood. And this way there’s no labeling mistakes. The solo stays with the plant from start to finish.

6 Likes

Nope, first time. I received them from a fellow grower in India, who sourced them from Herb grown in that region. They are my first Indian heirloom/landrace and I’m looking forward to seeing them go through flowering.

11 Likes

Rockwool right? Spell check can suck I just making sure before I go looking up Rockwood growing techniques.lmao

6 Likes

Lol, yep @420noob . Or Grodan, if you prefere.

25 Likes

Oh shit ok I see. I have seen this many times in pics and videos with commercial grows just never clicked all the way through. Thanks man!

3 Likes

Hey @420noob , you should research rockwool before you make any purchases. It’s been around forever, and is a decent growing medium, but has too many negatives for me. I’m sure @Budderton has it down, but the fibers and dust that can aerosolize can be harmful if your exposed to it often. To remedy that, I’d say you should soak them immediately upon opening. Another thing I remember is they are pretty high PH if you don’t remedy that prior to use. Also a good soak can help with that. Not saying don’t use it, but there some other things out there that are pretty decent and way less harmful. Maybe oasis cubes would be good. I’ve almost bought them multiple times, but I keep just going with root riot plugs.
I’ve even had luck growing riot plugs set in hydroton pellets, in my hydro system.

Anyway, hope I didn’t make anyone mad. I just say if you’re gonna work with rockwool, wear a mask at least. Those fibers will get everywhere, similar to fiberglass batting (insulation). :books:

8 Likes

Right on @Rhino_buddy . Very sound advice, especially when working with dry rockwool. I don’t think @420noob is gonna grow in rockwool, just using that picture as an example of where we get the idea for pot stacking using conventional grow mediums and pot/cups with the bottoms removed and place on bigger pots.
:grin::v:

7 Likes

I gotcha! Sorry I missed the whole subject there. Lol.

Pot stacking is awesome! I’ve been doing it with all my soil plants. Basically the Bonanza of green method. Thanks BOG.

Keep up the awesome work @Budderton !

5 Likes

No worries @Rhino_buddy ! I’ve been pot stacking long before I ever heard of BOG(RIP). I imagine he got the idea from the rock cube growers as well. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
And speaking of rock cubes, I’m gonna have to get some wet today to accept these fridge cuts. I re-cut and started soaking them last night.

These have only been chilling for 6-7 wks in the fridge. I love watching them go from totally flaccid to up and open. Looks like all of these are gonna come back to life. Most excellent!!
:grin::v::canada:

33 Likes

wow 6-7 weeks in the fridge, that is amazing, they all do look they will come back. I never would have dared to try this.

6 Likes