Buddertons Tomfoolery

It is an amazing feat…

5 Likes

It’s pretty standard for me to get 8-10 wks in the fridge but after that it gets touch and go @Mrgreenthumb .
:grin::v:

11 Likes

With these cuts @Budderton, is it a square 90 degree Cut across the stem, when you “cut and store” in the fridge.

Or is it done on an Angle?

As it stands I’m puffing Honduras x Panama this morning and my whole day is going to be “on an angle”

6 Likes

I cut them with scissors, straight across and extra long, when I store them. I feel the scissors kinda pinch the stem closed and help keep the goodness inside.

Here’s what I didn’t root and are still in the fridge. Sure saves room in the veg space by not having to hold rooted copies of everything you started.

40 Likes

Wow. Thanks for that information.
Its an amazing fact @Budderton

Much appreciated

Cheers Bro

7 Likes

That is amazing. Great info.

Thanks Budderton!

4 Likes

Happy to pass the tech along! I must add that I didn’t think this up, I just saw it on a thread 4-5 yrs ago and adopted the practice. I hope it helps with your pheno hunting!

7 Likes

Ok so called the bonanza of green cool. Ya not getting into rock wool yet just getting ready to mess with hempy for my hydro toe dip.lol. Thanks

3 Likes

Some equatorials that are starting to get settled. Treated everything for thrips last night. Is it me or do thrips effect these tropical heirlooms a bit more than they do modern hybrids?
Anyhow this is Mullumbimby Madness x Nevils Haze in the back and a Malawi Gold in the foreground .

Some toe tattooing by my kids.

It’s no fun getting your toe tattooed by a heavy handed 10 year old but it’s my favorite tattoo of all time.

33 Likes

That’s awesome!
But it has to hurt. I would need some bourbon.

2 Likes

Definitely hurts! Can’t drink makes you bleed more😂 we getting a photo of your favorite masterpiece ounce done?

3 Likes

It didn’t come out as nice as he drew it on with a sharpie, that’s for sure! I love how he laughed hysterically while he did it. He stuck the needle in and then turned on the machine, causing it to skip all over the place on my poor toe and I love how it turned out. Most of it will fall out over time, but “I” think the I might stick around for a bit. I’ll have to get him to re -do it in 10 years.

29 Likes

That’s great! For a 10 year old it’s awesome. Hopefully he’ll be more practiced in another 10 years

6 Likes

A Columbian Gold that is starting to get over being all bound up and is settling in. I’m a little afraid of what’s gonna happen when these things take off.

And while I was doing it, I figured I’d snap a pic as a reminder to take the dome off and put the fan on your fresh cuts for 30 seconds, a couple , few times a day. They like it and it keeps things from getting funky in there.

All the fridge cuts look alright so far. Not bad for spending the last 6-7 weeks in a zip lock on the bottom shelf of my seed fridge.
:grin::v::canada:

32 Likes

This is that one fact that I’m having a hard time with…heading into an heirloom grow: 3 week Vegging then flip

I’ve never turned a photo-period around that quickly @Budderton. Its gonna be fun.

5 Likes

Often I find forcing a seedling that’s only been in veg for a short time will lead to sexual uncertainty during flowering. But we have to consider that a lot of these cultivars start life at near 12/12 time, so they are more programed to veg for a bit, even under a flowering light schedule , get a nice root ball and then go for it. I’m just waiting till the new shoots are long enough to take some cuts and then they’re going straight to the flower room. I’ll up pot, hopefully only once more, before they finish flowering.

12 Likes

Those gonna be @Budderton here soon going to do some defol…:smiley::smiley::smiley:

images (14)

10 Likes

@Budderton, man where’s all the kushes and stuff. :grin:

3 Likes

Cooking along in the flower room. I’m fighting through a bad batch of sunshine mix #4 that I bought at the home cheepo so they look like shit and I’ve been keeping them under cover.
This one stinks.

32 Likes

Stinks…like in a good way? :grin:

2 Likes