Buddertons Tomfoolery

Yep, dry sieve for the best flavor. When I want a bit more of a kick, I mix the 140 and lower keif with ISO oil that’s been cooked right down.
:grin::v:

6 Likes

Nope, what is it?

1 Like

Otherwise known as ‘heel hash’ dry sift is added with water, and placed under heel in sneaker. Packs it into hash while going about your day. No shit, it’s a thing from the old hippies.

3 Likes

Oh that. Yes, I have done that, inside the cellophane from a pack of smokes. I learned about it from an old High Times article. I didn’t work that well for me…

4 Likes

Here’s my buddies quote,
- a quarter ounce hunk of hash from last year’s Tirah crop. Dry-sifted in February in the cold in the middle of the night out in the garage, kept the kief in the freezer until this week, and made heel hash out of it the other day by just putting 7 grams on Saran Wrap, dripping a couple of grams of water on it, and into my sneaker it went for the day.

And a pic…

12 Likes

Toe-jam hash? Just kidding.

4 Likes

Heel hash, that’s the name I recognize!
That’s awesome man! :+1: Now a days I use my SharpStone pollen press.

3 Likes

There’s a reason he does it in the coldest weather, the sifting, I’ll try to get the intel, but it made sense…

3 Likes

I found it, my buddies quote…
making hash. I let the branches dry out in the garage until the end of February, when I bucked the flowers off the branches, crumbed up the flowers by hand (you will get nice finger hash doing this), then silk-screened them into dry sift. This was done in the middle of the night out in the garage with temps in the single digits, as cold weather is needed to really make the trichomes separate from the vegetative material

3 Likes

Sir @Budderton , may I ask, if I were to buy a press for the first time to play with, what would you suggest?

2 Likes

Yeah, we use to make all our bubble hash during the winter, out in the unheated garage. The cold definitely helps. Sometimes I’ll stick a sack in the freezer before I make dry sift.
I just use one of these. Get the stainless steel one. The threads hold up better and you can use a hot air gun or put it in the toaster oven, if you wanna get a “crust” and melt the trichs together a bit.
:grin::v:

15 Likes

Amazon? Orrrrr? Name? Brand?

1 Like

https://www.sharpstonegrinders.com/large-sharpstone-t-pollen-press-heavy-duty/
This is the one I have. :point_up::v:

9 Likes

On Amazon you can get a cheaper one. I think I paid about thirty bucks for mine and just looking it appears identical to your. And it’s stainless as well I have made many a hash puck with kief, a hot air gun and one of these. I find that if you finger tighten both knurled ends, then grab the on closest to the t handle using a pair of channel lock pliersand twist the hell out of the handle while applying heat makes a really nice hash puck that is very nice to smoke. Or used to make concentrates with a press.

4 Likes

How many grams do you think that holds roughly?

2 Likes

I think I’ve made 10-14 gram pucks but find it gets a more even compression when half full. 5-7 grams seems like the sweet spot.

9 Likes

I did that several times but without adding water. Was a nice black and soft hash

2 Likes

Never mind me, just passing through, pressing through whatever hollow objects i find LoL :joy:

9 Likes

That’s what he said

5 Likes

I walked right into that, didn’t i :pleading_face:

3 Likes