Budmeisters Grow Box Diaries

good point!

1 Like

I only have an extractor fan to pull away heat and humidity, my lights on are at night so I can open the downside ventilation windows to let fresh air enter in the tent without any light issue.

It just depends on what your temperature and humidity is, maybe you just don’t need it. Several grows will tell you what are your needs, don’t act too fast, think you’ve got plenty of time ahead to learn and improve … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

I see… so when its lights off your tent is completely sealed shut? how do you get oxygen in your tent?

I find when my tent is sealed shut and the humidity and temp rises the extractor sucks the whole tent in like vaccume packed bag lol… surely some extra air is needed for better results right?

coming to think of it I guess this is optimal and condition based improvements… I see what you mean now…

That’s called negative pressure slap|nullxnull. Plants have enough oxygen even with everything closed, in my case I leave lower ventilation windows partially opened. You will have to think about these issues once you have a big tent full of plants, right now I don’t think it’s a concern …

You should get one of these:

to check what you need and how everything goes along the journey from your mobile, better investment than an intake fan. I had a heatwave and could control it thanks to it, good info to have and act if needed …

3 Likes

ahh thats a good little gadget to have for the grow tent! defiantly. I will invest in that for sure!

Thanks for info!

2 Likes

So a little update…

After a set back in growth with the topping / leaf colour / pruning issue… we have 5 nice healthy potential shoots forming

All things considered I’ve defiantly learned a lot in the first 4-5 weeks of starting to grow!

I’ve learned the whole elaboration of ‘‘LITFA’’ my greenhouse plant is just as healthy 5x taller and the stem is 3x thicker and stronger than my indoor grow ( the one below )

Now that being said… I still think even though my indoor plant is on day 34 appx this will turn out to be a nice little bush before flowering!

I guess i also have to consider pheno types aswell as 1st grower mistakes!

In hindsight I wouldn’t have topped my indoor plant now and let her grow bigger… before possible training.

Heres an update - shes starting to smell nice :slight_smile:
Thanks to everyone following and helping out!

Budmeister.

8 Likes

That’s a pretty plant.

2 Likes

You can also let her grow bigger and top three or four nodes down, that way stems are stronger and roots bigger, so growth has more vigour:muscle:, learned that trick from @Papalag Arriba|nullxnull, now you know … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Hi Budmeister @George is correct if you let the plant get to 7 nodes then top at the 3rd. Or 4 th node the stem will get very large indeed

3 Likes

Decent info!! soaking this all up for future tips!

Thanks guys

1 Like

Appreciate the info! This is exactly why I chucked one of 2 plants in the greenhouse outside, So that as a first time grower not only do I learn mistakes the hard way during my first steps BUT I can also dial in on the differences from what I see in 2 completely different environments to then fine tune and mould my technique as and up and coming grower!

Its been exciting so far!

BM

4 Likes

@Papalag

My young’un got ahead of me and started flowering before I got her trimmed, topped or any clones cut… I trimmed off a few lower branches and pinched off a few tiny flowers of the lower inside areas… is it too late to cut the top off?

2 Likes

as a newbie maybe get someone more experienced to answer but id say its too late the plant will be focusing all its energy into flowering now and should really be done before!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I would just let her go if she’s in flower don’t top her
You can remove lower branches for better development

1 Like

Well, you can, but it’s always a fight getting them to reveg when they really want to flower

Now I just let them flower like Paplag says. :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Here’s my green house princess warrior everyone so strong lol!!

Uk weather too!

Did I FIM correctly in the last picture btw?

9 Likes

Hey how is this beauty doing these days!?

@Budmeister

Yours looks just lovely…

If you’re asking about mine, check her out here:

1 Like

Been a few days so thought id share an update on my girl!!

Ive noticed momentum especially the last 48 hours… Some good growth spurts.

I’m finally getting some length on the baby branches to play with although i’ve just returned the stem upright after 7 days of being sideways… will leave it like this for another 4 or 5 days now!

11 Likes