CaliBest420 aka Mark on Strainly

BirD thanks for sharing those pictures. This definitely reaffirms to me that there’s some quality to be found throughout Mark’s beans.

I’m not expecting it to be the most Dank, but to be quite honest some of the newer extremely high THC strains do more harm than good for me.

It’s nice to see pictures of flowered gear from Mark. Anyone else who has some pictures, whether in veg or flower I encourage sharing.

-Kush

5 Likes

Yes I would say

2 Likes

These would be great plants to grow out easy on the Your wallet great for if you’re Learning you don’t waste $$ on high dollar beans… Get some good smoke I’m sure some great smoke in you hunt through them

5 Likes

Which I find funny since they are so often recommended to new growers these days :man_facepalming: Yes you have more forgiving when it comes to lighting schedule, or if light pollution is a concern. They can be a faster from seed to harvest, but not always so depending on your growing style. From what I read from people going 12/12 from seed, some strains finish sooner than some autos that are out there now.
Or like determinate be indeterminate tomatoes. You can prune and clone indeterminate ones, grow it as big as you want, in the structure you want. Determinate tomatoes, you set it and just take care of it, get one harvest and it’s done.

1 Like

I personally have grown lots of different autos with good success, but have never tried an auto from Mark yet… with that said I’ve tried autos from Seedsman, Mephisto, Stitch, Dinafem… and some others I believe.

I was suckered into the whole “Autos are for beginners” line like Seamonkey84 mentioned. My thoughts are this. For someone who doesn’t want to worry about timers/light schedules/dark periods they are a decent options… But as Seamonkey also said they are less forgiving in the fact that if you mess up they don’t have the necessary time to recover like you would with a Photoperiod plant where you can delay the progression of the plant. Yields can be pretty good with autos honestly but they aren’t very big… usually.

Anyway these days I like to use autos as filler plants in my harvest windows. So I’ll run photos, but also have autos growing in the veg tent with them. Basically with limited space you can add a little extra yield here and there throughout the grow year. Plants I flip are moved into 12/12 tent while I continue veg work in my veg tent and flower autos amongst them.

9 Likes

Honestly, autos as house plants make sense lol
Note, I’ve never grown an auto. The only one ever mentioned back in the day was lowyrder. Came back to growing after 12ish years and it’s auto everything…

11 Likes

and when it first came out it was ditch weed

watch lots of people grow that when it was first being made and others

having big fast corps with little stone

be safe and be well

Dequilo

4 Likes

I’ve multiple window grows when living in an apartment…North facing windows at the 49th parallel doesn’t make for the best results…but it smoked…lol

3 Likes

And we’ve come a fuck of a long way from bunk-ass lowryder …

Big yield auto, cut nov 19, curing after a ridiculously fast 2 day dry…fuckin winter.

18 Likes

100% Agreed… Here’s a Sour Hound by Mephisto that I grew earlier this year. Autos have come a long way for sure.

SourHound

24 Likes

Holy Christmas…I’ve recently seen some “meph-heads” on reddit…the hype certainly fits the results

3 Likes

Also…why the eff isn’t Mark on here? He doesn’t need any notoriety or anything…but to be a part of something bigger. I feel the OG community is just starting to blossom…canadian legalization and possible countrywide legalization in the USA. The seed game is his. He could put a lot of greedy fucks outta biz.

7 Likes

That’s a good question lol… I mean I guess he could be on here lurking somewhere… funny enough I actually mentioned to him that there’s a lot of good things to be said about him on OG maybe he’ll hop on here one day.

The greed is out of hand though… 300 dollar 12 packs… come on

5 Likes

Many people have extended invitations to Mark to join up here, but he says he has no real time for forums, but he appreciates this forum and what we do here, and he even donated quite a few seeds recently to a server auction here on overgrow.

15 Likes

Goes to show…the dude’s 100%

5 Likes

Got some auto seeds from Mark. Super nice guy. Monster Kush grew nice and finished fast but no smell or taste of kush.

Mephisto costs more but in my experience easily worth the results.

3 Likes

I was intrigued by the 60 day bublegum. My brain was already buying them before my mind caught up.

Super excited, Bubba kush as well *squeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

@Seamonkey84 Hahahah, I may throw one up in the living room and see how long it takes my hubby to realize it. Fogl.

11 Likes

the monster kush I grew was nice and tasty and had a great smell, but didn’t auto

4 Likes

If you have any high thc strains that are harming you, I could totally take those for you :wink:

7 Likes