Canadian Clone Exchange

I feel like the US has more potential when it comes to unique strains so sometimes I’m jealous of you guys haha

4 Likes

In like Flynn…

2 Likes

2 Likes
4 Likes

In about 2 weeks, I will be pruning back my mother’s. Ill send some cuttings out when I decide to do that for those that are interested

1 Like

What I got

Blue monster (from fem seed)

G13 (just flipping tomorrow)

saginaw valley skunk (flipping tomorrow)

Alien O.G. (Male And female)

Blurry nut butter (male and female)

Molokai frost (citrus pheno?) un sexed (x/4)

And that’s what I got to cut / I just actually thought the same thing after Schwazzing two plants for flower. KEpt a cuts but trash bagged dozen or more of each nice green new growth cuts.

I’m not too successful on cloning yet however. Patience and access to seeds (imagine that - thank you O.G.)

5 Likes

@Calix Those sounds nice! What issues have you been running into while cloning? Maybe I can help

3 Likes

Wlting!! Lol

I have had one successful clone and it was from a topping I did to a birthday cake .

Many fails before an after but not much effort - usually shut down the dome after 7 days. Insufficient space / lighting schedule in tent (they need 24/0 right?)

For my upcoming attempt

I have heating pat. Dome . Spray bottle
Hormone gel - jiffy pellets.

I would soak Cuts and pellets 24h in ph water.

Then cut clone on 45 ; split and or Shave bark back - drench in rooting hormone. Insert into jiffy pellet that’s been 80%(?) drained of water

I Use plastic cup trays u get at grow store fill with soil and the Pellet with clone inside the square plastic cup.

Put in dome. heat mat under - spray inside dome

So they wilt usually within. 24h

I may need better subject cuts and or less water in the pellet

Also I don’t think. I had heat pad before

I’d like to make this go count.

Also the lighting schedule - I would have to put my veg tent to 24-0…or I could create a propagation room.

Yes I open dome once a day / open 1 port after few days then second.

I’ve gotten close a few times but say shag it

Any suggestions gladly received

Aerocloners looking nice but I just dropped almost $400 on a new light so maybe diy.

Getting Close to end of winter so I will be busy with work. Trying to get as many plant growing as possible LOL and may be doing some open pollination

1 Like

Where is the G13 from? Got any pics?

2 Likes

I would definitely get the basics of cloning figured out before going to the aerocloners.

I think your biggest issue is the dome not being humid enough and the clone drying out and wilting. Are you making sure the dome is sitting correctly on the bottom tray and the vents are closed? The jiffy pellet being at 80% moisture shouldn’t be the reason that it’s wilting but you could reduce that water content and see how it helps. I can take a picture of one of my trays to compare

2 Likes

Hmmmm quite possible not humid enough . .I will be setting up the dome

Also

Like I mentioned my biggest issue has been patience.

1 Like

I’ve had clones root in ambient humidity of 30%

I just put a bag over their heads.

They will often droop for the first little bit and then stand up again

LITFA :+1:

8 Likes

I have only ever mailed rooted clones. Whats the procedure for a fresh cut clone?

3 Likes

I would think the same except a bit easier???

2 Likes

Still got that girl going. A couple 3 clones of her would be nice .

Definitely would be up to trading clones this spring once the weather warms up.

4 Likes

i recently mailed off some cuts for the 1st time just chop them up and prep them as u normally would for cloning. I wrapped the stems in a damp papertowel and put that in a sandwich bag then mailed them off. I think they all rooted except for 1.

6 Likes

Hi I got the beans from a o.g.member whos been growing longer than ive been alive lol

6 Likes

No sorry. I still have seeds so you never know.

2 Likes

Ya thats what I’ve heard is the best method. Once we get a proper SOP for it, I will post it on the OP

2 Likes

I wrapped the base in paper towel and soaked this in distilled water, then SQUEEZED it out so it’s moist and firm to the stem. Take these and put them in a plastic bag and seal with a little air. Take this bag and put into ANOTHER zip seal bag and seal.

Tape closed and prick with a sewing needle in a few places and send as fast as possible.

I

4 Likes