Cannabis Classroom - A Place of Discovery

5 Likes

Spring is coming, and soon it’ll be time for the outdoor growers to start popping beans.

5 Likes

Today I am passing on the first of many cannabis literary publications, The Marijuanna Herald. This publication seems to be reliable information, and will keep you up to date on current cannabis news. Stay educated!!!

3 Likes

Today, we’re going to introduce an article on 7 most common deficiencies and how to identify them.
OG High seems to be flourishing! And we are excited to have so many students, teachers, and OGrs checking us out.
Remember to bookmark us so that each lesson pops up!!! That’s one way of doing it! The other is just check in every day! I try to keep it updated, and also…
IF YOU HAVE SOME INTEL TO PASS ON, THAT WOULD HELP LIFT AND STRENGTHEN ANOTHER OGr?

For OGs sake, POST IT HERE!!!

9 Likes

This class is for beginners that wish to grow indoors. There is So Much intel out there it’s ridiculous.
Here at OG you will find indoor growers with mad skills. And I mean absolute Professors! Take advantage of these OGrs and up your skill level by asking questions, forming relationships, and remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. So don’t hesitate to ask.
This is a very basic guide on how to grow indoors. Personally, I am an outdoor guy. This is primarily because I’ve done it all my life, and indoor growing can be intricate and challenging.
But never fear! Discovery class is here, and there’s a thousand people on this platform to help guide you.
And so it begins…

4 Likes

Today we are going to look at the importance of soil for those that use it. I wish I could have found a better article, but let’s take a look at the importance of of living soil vs regular potting soil.

2 Likes

We already posted some information on seed germination. That was the beginner class. Today, we take the opportunity to marvel at one of OG’s own, @JohnnyPotseed as we take a look at advanced techniques for seed germination.
JohnnyPotseed created this thread
which is full of some great intel, and since it’s that time of year, here you go.
This is how the big dogs do it…

https://overgrow.com/t/johnnypotseed-s-germination-technique/52473/172

2 Likes

Outdoor growing has many factors to take into consideration. Weather is an important one, and there are many tools to help you. Wunderground is one weather app, NOAA is another, the Farmers Almanac, and others.
This tool
is a great one, and I recommend it because it allows you to go back in time and compare all kinds of data.

The link is set to a Massachusetts town, but you can easily find your area, and the piles of data that comes with it.

1 Like

Please vote for my picture in the photo contest…

2 Likes

Learn about the top of the industry. 60 Mins, 2 days ago.

2 Likes

HOW AUSTRALIA GETS DOWN

3 Likes

Here’s a simple yet important aspect of your finely grown smoke. How to store it properly, great intel from the fine folk at Dutch Flowers Magazine.

2 Likes

i have seen this myth debunked many times. for example, the last one i recall vividly was when i was instructing a user how to login to the computer after installing windows 10. i had told her to do exactly what she always did and just put the password in when the box popped up. her stupid question was, “do you want me to turn it on first?”. i almost told her to just wait for the box but i said “yes please”. i try to always be polite.

i do like this thread though and generally i will agree about the stupid questions. people have surprised me with their levels of stupidity sometimes though. it has also taught me a lot about differing perspectives and how to adjust mine.

2 Likes

I too must disagree. In my view, there is a stupid question, but only one. The only stupid question is the one that does not get asked.

3 Likes

ADVANCED CLASS IN BREEDING

This is an excellent lesson posted by @Mithridate perhaps also known as or an associate of Vic High. An in depth dive into creating strains. Very informative and excellent intel.

4 Likes

Thanks man.

I’m too young to have been around at the time this article was first published.

I posted his article mostly because he is one of the few that was formally trained around the boards at the time, plus he bred a few lines that are still fondly remembered.

It did start a breeding thread where a lot of info is shared and practically no trolling.
A success :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Not only a success, but absolutely the specific information that so many seek, and are either afraid or embarrassed to ask about. Also information that can push a grower to another level. Excellent job! Is that post on the thread about breeding you speak of?

1 Like

When you don’t run red in your LEDs, or when leaf temp is too low, one can use magnesium in the form of epsom salts to counter the effects of the lack of red spectrum.

1 Like

Here’s a good article from the Strainly blog. Harvest time seems to take forever but them when it’s here it’s like, where’d the season go?
A good read.

3 Likes

Great idea, great thread, this is a lot of good information. Thanks for doing this for us to all learn from @PioneerValleyOG you are a fantastic addition to community as always!:clap::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes