Cannabis that causes aggression?

For me it’s more of a mindset and has nothing to do with strains. Like those times you’re mentally prepped to get high as shit and just chill out to some video games or a movie. But as soon as you finish getting blazed everyone needs something from you and no one will let you just chill out.

4 Likes

Swami seeds’ original ltd 1988 nl/haze (from the f4 batch) has some of what you speak of. I wouldn’t exactly say “fight mode”, but it does have an edginess that can easily go into a slight aggression. The only strain I’ve had that consistently has it.

I found some sativa harvested too early make me grumpy and frustrated. A month later they make me high

2 Likes

Durban would be a good one. It was in part developed ( selected by warriors)for combat. Kerala Chellakutti for sure. ( pure energy)
Both with lots of energy. I have heard the Kerala is pure energy. The Durban cross I have makes you strong and brave. No shit, it Can take away fear, such as fear of heights. Changes the mind from " i dont think so" to " yeah, no problem" .My co worker gets crazy when he smokes it. Moving two sheets of plywood or sheetrock at a time, a dozen 12 foot 2×6’s… he becomes an animal. For me, i move faster. Twice as fast as normal. I miss smoking it everyday. Im almost out, and its been set aside for special occasions. The Malawi is good for energy, too, but its not Durban. This is a picture of the Durban that pollenated my own strain, to make the best work weed i ever had.

Sorry for the poor photo quality. Its a pic of a computer screen…I dont know whose Durban this was, but it didnt throw pollen until mid or late september outdoors at 50 north. I dont have it pure, or I’d pass out seeds.

10 Likes

That… huh, that makes sense. I love Durban for my anxiety. Other sativas are not nearly as calming to the mind, never knew why.

3 Likes

The stuff you are growing is not pure durban and certainly not what Zulu warriors “smoked”. Also they never smoked it but some would mix it into snuff they made from tobacco. More evidence to suggest that they took shrooms than dagga for war.

2 Likes

Interesting use of snuff for sure! I had heard that there was a belief that Durban was an heirloom variety and not a landrace, but it is the first strain I had smoked that made me feel like cannabis could be used for more than relaxing, and different than the other “sativa” strains I had tried. Really nice for Biking, hiking, martial arts, etc

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was Pure or not… what makes you say it wasn’t? The flowering onset was right for a pure sativa. They hit 6 feet tall within 45 days of being planted in the ground. The leaves were fatter than what I would expect, but that could be from being bred in the West for years. It has more of that Durban High than the cannabiogen Durban I’ve smoked, too. I hadn’t heard the Zulus used it as snuff. I wonder what they did with these?

2 Likes

There is the Durban landrace, which is native to South Africa, and then there is also Durban Poison, which I have read was developed in San Francisco. The seeds I had were just labeled Durban. I don’t know which one it was.

4 Likes

Would snuffing cannabis do anything physically? I’m not questioning whether they snuffed it or not before battle. If you read they did, I’m sure they did.

Seems pretty clear that Livingston himself saw the Sotho tribe smoke before battle, and they are closely related to the Zulu.

2 Likes

I mean, theoretically, if decarbed? Any mucus membrane should do, right?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they used both, would just be a question of the reason or time for one rather than the other.

1 Like

Oh ya that’s the Lebanese Larping bud…made me curl up in the fetal position and cry when my wife yelled at me…must be the person not the strain? lolhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elu241kSek&ab_channel=Kidrevengedotcom

2 Likes

I’m from South Africa. Yes the isiZulu smoked dagga but they didnt smoke it for fighting. They would use snuff for battle and only some would reportedly use dagga in there. They had a whole ritual beforehand to get themselves hyped and then would smash snuff before they charged into battle.

Unless someone had pure seeds from the Durban area from the 70s,80s that they gave you it aint pure Durban. And Durban Poison is the local original name for it. Foreigners in the 70’s took seed back and bred it to stabilize it and remove the herm. They marketed that as true “Durban Poison” which it wasnt.

@RuamadraTheBard I’m not sure about the labeling myself because all of the cannabis in Africa isnt native. It was brought here by people and has been grown here for centuries but somehow that doesnt count as a cultivar or strain? Guess heirloom would fit better seeing as after so many years it would’ve adapted to the climate and changed into what is known as DP.

All the local strains that are of the “Sativa” type are racey get up and go strains. Guess that could be handy for fighting but more chance of making you paranoid.

5 Likes

yes know several people , myself included that have found a strain irritating.

2 Likes

Yeah but wouldnt you have to be a lil quiet while hunting the wabbits

Peace out and stay safe

I can be mad as fuck as someone or something. But, as soon as i smoke my anger goes out the window. Then, your sitting there with the realisation that anger is such a toxic emotion that is also a necessary emotion. Hindsight is 20/20.

3 Likes

Durban Poison is Durban x White Widow. This is why you see 63 day varieties with wider leaves. :wink:

3 Likes

So Durban Poison is the original name for it then…ok thats good to know. We were having a discussion about that not too long ago. I thought Durban Poison had some Indica mixed in with it in the states after reading this new book I got. I have also read that perhaps Arabic Traders introduced indica at some point after the 1200’s., which could account for the short flowering times. The most recent Durban I got flowers 12 to 16 weeks. That sounds about right to me, comparing it with other South African landrace’s. But the Durban Poison bred in San Francisco in the 70’s could flower in as fast as 8 weeks… and topped out at 12 weeks according to Mel Frank. There was never anything in South Africa that flowered that fast prior to the sixties or seventies was there? That’s why I started using the terms Durban Poison and Durban separately. Durban to refer to the pure landrace and Durban Poison to refer to the Durban developed in the states in the 70s that everyone is so familiar with. Pictures I’ve seen of pure Durban show a tall and lanky plant, with large leaves, although a short bushy phenotype was noted during the large seed run in San Francisco.
I thought my buddy told me that the Durban I grew a few years ago was from the 80s. He found more seeds this summer. I’ll have to try to talk him out of some more. I only had three plants, which were all male and all similar in shape. About a foot between internode’s, massive leaves like the ones pictured. Not very cold tolerant, but loved the Heat. Seeds were small and black and shaped like a football.

4 Likes

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/first12000/7.htm
I think thats the right article. Closest thing to a link that I’m capable of. Interesting article on the use of cannabis before battle by many tribes, including the Zulu, who did indeed smoke it. They enjoyed smoking it so much in fact ,that upon learning from Europeans about smoking(1705) as a method of intoxication, a whole artisinal trade of pipe making rushed its way through the tribes. Screenshot_20210112-174150_Chrome|230x500

2 Likes

Yeah the info you are posting comes from white colonizers / historians who saw the the various tribes as savages and is not an accurate form of history. Unless you can read isiZulu, all the “history” you’ll find wont be accurate or just the writing of bullshit colonizers. And we are derailing this thread now with your romanticized ideas about “landraces” and their origins. Plus its really not worth this effort to “discuss” it.

@ReikoX - the local slang name for it has always been Durban Poison but the one that is Durban x White Widow was still called DP to market it as a landrace…mostly to guys who would be enamored with the idea of some mystery super strain from the deep, dark africa.

3 Likes