Cannabis that causes aggression?

Id hardly call an eyewitness report by two different highly accomplished explorers romanticized ideas. They saw what they saw and wrote about it at the time of seeing it.

1 Like

Lols yeah sure so because a white man saw what he saw that’s the history we must believe? They were people who saw anybody who wasnt white as savages and “backwards” and wrote the “history” like that. They had no clue about the various cultural practices and how the various tribes lived. Dagga was in use for very long way before the colonizers and missionaries came to fuck shit up. That link has so much BS in it and contradicts itself.
And any so called “explorer” cant fuck right off in my book. Coming with that bullshit about “discovering” things just because a white man saw it 1st.
Honestly blows my mind that you think you’d know more about the history here than the local people cos you read something on the internet. But have fun growing your “landraces” that need “preserving” because apparently only westerners can properly grow and maintain weed.

I think you have an obvious chip on your shoulder. You were dismissive of anything i said immediately. You never asked where my Durban seed was from. Just said it wasn’t real right away. And its impossible that a white person could have been right about what he saw, correct? I think its sad when racism occurs, and it’s happening now where you live, only this time against whites. I never agreed with colonialism. I wasn’t around to express my dislike of it.
I never said I knew more than a local South African about anything. I simply posted info that was written over 150 years ago, that happened to have been found on the internet. I didnt realize that because it was from a white person it was a lie. That type of thinking, that all of this group or all of that group is bad because of their ancestry is what got us into this mess to begin with, and it looks like the process is continuing.

4 Likes

Congrats on also being fooled by our local version of white supremacists who believe in some BS “white genocide” here. Racism againts Black people is still a huge issue here just like there by your side. Goes to show how ignorant you are and what skewed, messed up info your are getting about South Africa.

Yet you persisted in trying to find info even after being corrected? Just to prove your wrong point?
And yes I do have a chip on my shoulder when people come and spout BS about local strains and it’s history after reading the 1st thing they find on the internet.

I was talking about your racism.

I wasn’t looking at skin color when I quoted the internet

2 Likes

Because you where only quoting white foreigners when speaking about the history of black people and their use of Dagga. And the people you quoted where colonizers who where racists and had backwards views. They literally speak about ancient cultural practice as novelties. And how is me pointing out that their views where racist, racist? Because I dared to call them white people? I’m a white guy too…now what? Am I some sort of reverse racist? You posted misinformation I corrected you and now you can’t except that your fairytales might not be anything other than fairytales.

I agree that most historical writings should be taken with a grain of salt , when they are being made by white conquerors about the savages they are colonizing .

That being said you could of pointed that out in a much less standoffish way IMHO . You smokin some of this aggression weed?

3 Likes

No just this isnt the 1st time I’ve had this conversation and sadly not the last time either so I get a bit antsies in my pantsies about it. Smoked a bowl now though so hopefully it goes better. It’s just very frustrating to point out the misinformation and then have to go through a whole cycle of links and what if etc. with the person.

You didn’t correct me on anything. You simply told me I was wrong. I asked you about the flowering time of Durban, and I got no response. I mention the shape of the seeds of Durban and I got no response. We were talking about strains of sativa that can get the blood going, so what I was saying was certainly on topic. Saying somebody is a white Colonial and everything he says is wrong is no different than saying someone is a black tribalist and everything he says is wrong. Nobody learns anything when you dismiss what they say outright without laying out any proof of things being different. You would have got a lot further if you would said something along the lines of… I know you read some quotes from Colonials, and some of what they say may be true. Perhaps they even witnessed Zulu’s smoking before going into battle, but I live in South Africa, and I have talked with some locals, and they say the information is not entirely correct, and that normally snuffing was the method of ingestion before battle.

3 Likes

But fuck it, whats the point anyways there’s still 1000’s who buy into this “landrace” mysticism and look down on the growers and breeders of them. Aint gonna change all their minds am ?.Hopefully a mod will clean this mess up.

If you think we are looking to preserve the improper landrace, instead of berating me publicly how about you provide said landrace and we preserve that one? Or give me some more information I can use so I can find the real thing? Maybe you’re laughing at our preservation efforts, but you’ll stop laughing the day you go to find the Durban landrace and it no longer exists. At least I’m trying

Why do you think people here locally or anywhere in the world are unable to preserve it? Why do they need you when they’ve been at it for decades? That’s the other part that pisses me off that you think you’re needed to save or preserve it. You’re just spitting in the face of people who are growing and preserving it locally.

What if something happened to that area? What if a whole continent gets destroyed by an earthquake or something? Spreading the genetics increases the probability that in 1000 years we could still have these preserved plant genetics around. At the end of the day the plants future is more important. I think it’s neat when people could be growing higher yielding or stronger plants but choose to grow out “landrace” instead.

1 Like

You don’t know anything about what I was trying to do. My idea was to find people that lived in the countries where the land races are from, and use them to reproduce them and preserve them. To that end, I’ve been in touch with people from India and Mexico, Uganda, Cambodia, and Brazil. I think you assume too much but I’m open for questions. Land races are going extinct because the younger generation mostly cares only for hybrids. This is happening in every country. Including yours.

2 Likes

The fact is, it is extremely hard for people outside of these countries and in many cases within them, to find anything that is legitimate. I’m trying to remedy that situation so when people think they are reproducing a landrace, they are reproducing the right thing and not something that has been contaminated.

At the end of the day, I am constantly scanning the pages of overgrow looking for people in search of a landrace, and I freely and willingly offer to give them anything from my collection, which is posted on The Freaker’s page. I spent over $10,000 on my collection and it’s open for anybody to grow. I could never look at somebody that was intent upon growing the wrong thing, and watch them do it while I myself held the proper genetics. It goes against everything I believe overgrow stands for. I think it’s selfish, and I think that’s why many strains are disappearing

This is from an exchange I had with Ugandan farmer. After showing me this picture of the beautiful Uganda landrace, he tells me that he had Plastered it with OG Kush pollen, and that all the local farmers want to grow skunk.

2 Likes

What if something happens in your area? I’ve heard of far more strains lost in the USA than here. We also have miles of area where the strains grow (co-incidentally the weather is just perfect for growing it here.) So it can’t just be wiped out…ask our Gov, they tried unsuccesfully for years. The areas where the strains grow arent near any fault lines either. There are also people here who have preserved strains and seed from possibly as early as the 1950’s.

Much of the danger of Extinction comes in the form of foreign pollen from other genetics floating through the air and contaminating the landrace that way. Ask the people of Mexico, or Jamaica, or Brazil, or Colombia, or Thailand or any number of places that have lost landraces how it happened. It happens, has happened, and is happening

2 Likes

The Freakers are also dedicated to preserving heirloom varieties from all continents that have them, including the U.S. and Europe.

3 Likes

I believe it was Dutch passion who originally worked a afghan to the durbin to stabilize it , then there description changed to it was at one point crosses to a indica, then it changed to just leave that info out. If your durbin comes from that stock which most people’s does then it is not pure and was worked to be a much faster finishing plant.

1 Like