CBD or THC - which is better for pain?

It’s in this thread ingredients and directions I posted it for Oni tenshu

2 Likes

I’m thankful for that also :grin: come harvest or next pickup I’m making a batch.

I screen shot it thx :blush:

" it’s best to use cbd first as thc binds to receptors more readily than cbd and can reduce its absorption" … ( I don’t know how to take one of your sentences and move it down to my post or whatever you guys do). I had never heard this before! This is epic! I don’t know how I never heard of this. Could this be why many of the CBD products I tried did not work? Or was it that they were not full spectrum, as I didn’t pay attention when I bought them at the time( didn’t know better). I just assumed they were lousy brands. I probably only rarely have any empty receptors cbd could fill. This could also explain why cbd topicals have worked on my arthritis, while the cbd edibles only worked really well once? Or was there thc in there like I suspected?( I’m talking worked immediately here… cbd edibles eaten every day also helps but it takes several weeks.)i have to eat cbd constantly in order for it to " grab a slot" in my receptors, which are nearly always flooded with thc. Makes sense.

4 Likes

You high light the text and a box with quote will appear on your screen click on that and it will put that in your post.

What I read was CBD only attaches to CBD receptors but THC will attach to both CBD and THC receptors. ReikoX said that its more of an absorption rate rather than just CBD to CBD receptors only. So you will get some but if there is an abundance of THC I think the CBD will not be as effective. Why I take my CBD in the morning, and my THC in the afternoon.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips Shady. I’m going to try the CBD in the morning, and THC at night and see what happens. I work on highlighting a text next time I post as well haha. Thank you.

2 Likes

I do this too, find it more effective if I wrap each leg around to the front legs of the chair and anchor from the hips down. Like this there is no loss of the movement to the lower part of your body and all the twisting is concentrated in the spine.

Explained it is not so clear but it feels great afterwards. Usually you have to twist in both directions. And remember… take it gently, it’s your spine… Some tensing/relaxing exercises will make it easier . This can be applied any area you feel tense. Image the back of your neck is super tense so what do is in a warm draft free place:

• brace your hands and hold the back of your head. Say this is position 0. Now try and push your head back as much as possible but use your hands and don’t allow your head to move backwards. You hold this for 30 seconds… relax go back to position 0. Now let your head drop until your chin hits your chest. Repeat the tensing/blocking and if you do this a few times I assure you you will feel better. And if you do it for a week it will be great. You can do it in other directions say shoulder to shoulder axis.

Always listening to your body

As for CBD Vs thc for pain. I tried a WhiteWidow CBD < 0.3%THC because lately I have knee pain and it helped a lot within minutes I had no pain. Maybe the fact that it’s a Sativa with high CBD? All I can say is it feels amazing :grin:

3 Likes

High CBD sativa sounds wonderful! Some get up and go along with the got up and went! Thanks for the tips on the neck exercises. I’m trying them as we speak while I’m driving to work. Except for that looking down part haha

1 Like

=) let me know how it went and if you notice any difference…you should…

1 Like

Curious cat, I have been out of town on a family emergency for a couple of days, but I haven’t forgotten about your stretching exercises. I will be trying them tonight and the next few days to recover from my long drives

1 Like

Hope all.is well… family emergencies suck…

1 Like

It is called moonshine for a very simple reason :grinning::grin:

2 Likes

Shadey you freezing fresh or dried?

2 Likes

Let me rephrase that question. Obviously THC goes into alcohol, or tinctures would not work. What I meant to ask is, would this tincture get you high if it was placed on your skin? Before being heated.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this. Are you starting a new thread? Or documenting here? I don’t want to miss this🤗

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but I still can’t quote others without typing every word. I hope you can figure out which post I’m talking about. I need a millennial haha! Instructions don’t work for me! I still “poke” type with one finger. When I talked directly into my phone, it often screws up what I’m saying. I guess it doesn’t speak upstate!

2 Likes

On the PC select text by left clicking mouse on the beginning or end of text, hold mouse button down and move cursor over the text you want to quote. It should look li9ke the pic below. A box with quote will appear, click on it and it will open a new post with the quote.

Its the same process on a phone only more tricky if your fingers dont work well like mine. You double tap at the beggining or end of text, there will be 2 end tags appear move one to begging or end of the text to quote. When the quote box appears double tap it to produce the quote.

If the weed is more than a couple of months old it will decarb naturally. Probably more to do with the high percentage alcohol messing you up.

1 Like

Thanks for the attempt shadey! I’m hopeless lol. I’ll keep trying. It was definately a hash oil buzz. (Maybe an alcohol effect too, now that you mention it. 190 proof is nothing to take lightly!)Although I did keep licking my fingers off…it was just so piney! It was like a forest lollipop! The trim is always a couple months old when I do this. So it was decarbed like you said. So if I took any decarbed weed and put it in alcohol, it would get me high if it touches my skin? And if I took any fresh plant material and soaked it in the same alcohol, and it touched my skin, I would not get high correct?

1 Like

Yeh anything that touches your skin will be absorbed, If you put a clove of garlic in a rubber glove on your hand, you will have it on your breath in about 30 minutes. Fresh shouldn’t get you high as far as I know, drunk yes, especcially if you lick your fingers, but not high.

I do airbrush art work, and had a go at painting a cake, you reduce the thick food colouring with vodka as it has no smell. Normally I would spray any unused colour into a rag when painting, but I did not want to waste the vodka, so I sprayed it in my mouth. Big mistake, finely atomized alcohol gets straight into the brain via mouth absorption, I was drunk before I finished the cake lol.

2 Likes

Sounds like I was drunk and stoned. Cheap date! I didn’t even think about the alcohol Vapor I was also inhaling. Definitely drunk and stoned. Explains the wobbly knees a bit better too. I’m pretty sure if you take the fresh plant matter and soak in an alcohol, it has all the medical benefits without the ability to get you high. I haven’t had the heart to do it LOL!

2 Likes