CBD or THC - which is better for pain?

On topic thx @ReikoX fer the links 2 them methods. CBD aint do shit fer me by itself. Mebbe relaxes me? Gotta have at least a few % THC to do shit fer me.

But my fishin buddy pooch went from 13yo slowly dying of cancer after $10K chemo n surgeries to a 13yo limber spry young feller n no tumers after a cpl months on 30mg a day local no spray “full spectrum” CBD in oil.

$30 a month is cheapern his blue buffalo dogfood but Id like 2 DIY the CBD. NE1 trading high CBD clones? Rather not hunt seeds cuz time is short.

4 Likes

@Shadey I didn’t say my plan is to use full plant thc extractions also. From everything I have read for treating spinal cord injuries, spinal cord lesions and MS they say best results are achieved with a 50/50 thc/cbd mix

2 Likes

As CBD can drop ones blood pressure it’s better to start on a low dose and work up, I have a low tolerance for THC so I assumed I would be for CBD as well.

I don’t have se much, my syringes are 1ml and hold just over a gram when full, I generally use an amount about 3 or 4 millimetres long out of the syringe. So a syringe will usually last about 20-30 days.

I also try and avoid doing anything to antagonize my neck so this amount works for me, my wife and a couple of friends who use it as well for arthritis with great affect.

My wife a couple of weeks back whilst a bit tipsy on the Vino used about a weeks worth in one go. I thought she was going to go into a coma for a day or too but she was fine, she said she had a great sleep, and her arthritis pain disappeared for a couple of days.

With Sebrings Revenge CBD there is so little THC big doses don’t buzz you up. I will use the same amount of THC oil but not every day only as and when I feel the need for extra pain control, or I just want a good long buzz for the night, if I need a really good sleep :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you needed to use more I don’t think it would be a problem as tolerance builds quickly with oil I find, normally a couple of batches year of CBD is all about I need to make, maybe more now as the cat and dog have started using it as well. We are all getting old lol. The cats seizures have reduced considerably, and after a month on it the dog is like its 4 years younger.

4 Likes

I had noticed the same thing with Daisey when I had first treated her with CBD. I had used isolate as a way to guarantee no THC or contamination an she could gain the benefits of cannabis albeit slightly muted without shaking, puking, incontinence, and general fear in her eyes. It had hurt me so much whenever she got too high. She did enjoy small amounts of THC, but it had to be thca mainly with trace amounts of THC. It’s quick and dirty, but dogs always love this method. Take a leaf from around the canopy preferably with trichomes and while fresh mix it up with nut butter or whatever their favorite paste like treat is. The point is to get the leaf down whole and with plenty of oils to absorb it and nut butter is chock-full of oils LoL. I know it sounds strange, but have you looked at Kirkland/Costco brand dog food? Daisey had severe food allergies and a limited diet because of that. The blue and yellow ones were the most agreeable with her. Sadly she’s no longer with us due to complications from a fall she took a couple winter’s ago and old age I assume. As she nearly passed in her sleep once before the fall. I haven’t run so fast down icy steps in my life. I had to let go of her leash or she’d have hung herself falling :skull: CBD and thca helped her go walk again and she was like a puppy again when she managed to reach her dose. She began to go senile and on the last day she was with us she was lucid and somehow managed to communicate that it was the end. I brought everyone I could reach out to, to come over and say their goodbyes. We all spoiled her rotten and I let her on the bed freely with all the cuddles she wanted and I would bring her food and water to her. I’ll miss her​:cry: Recently someone who I know got a new puppy and named her after Daisey. Her name is Daisy and she has the same spot pattern and photogenic poses. Her face looks almost exactly the same and she also has the giant paws for her body too, so I couldn’t be happier it looks like she somehow got a second chance.

5 Likes

Its best to use CBD first, as THC binds to receptors more readily than CBD, and can reduce its absorption viability. ReikioX explained it perfectly to me a while ago, but I cant remember off the top of my head the exact terms , but essentially that’s what happens when you use the 2 together. If used with a fat it takes longer to get in your system but it has a more even absorption rate. If you can handle the taste, straight under the tongue is best for fast absorption.

4 Likes

My woman needs relief badly for her arthritis . She’s only 40 , I rub her hands daily , gives her short term relief . I hate to see her suffer … Someone on this thread posted about full melt , just did a run and it’s been somewhat beneficial… I don’t know enough about CBD’s sadly . I’ve been watching AC/DC strain closely . Looks legit .

3 Likes

Use that balm I put up the directions for.

5 Likes

@OleReynard Missus says thx . I’m on that . I’ll be sure to post our findings . For now this 73 yellow bad bubble is helping . Great sleep aid too .

1 Like

It works…

2 Likes

It’s in this thread ingredients and directions I posted it for Oni tenshu

2 Likes

I’m thankful for that also :grin: come harvest or next pickup I’m making a batch.

I screen shot it thx :blush:

" it’s best to use cbd first as thc binds to receptors more readily than cbd and can reduce its absorption" … ( I don’t know how to take one of your sentences and move it down to my post or whatever you guys do). I had never heard this before! This is epic! I don’t know how I never heard of this. Could this be why many of the CBD products I tried did not work? Or was it that they were not full spectrum, as I didn’t pay attention when I bought them at the time( didn’t know better). I just assumed they were lousy brands. I probably only rarely have any empty receptors cbd could fill. This could also explain why cbd topicals have worked on my arthritis, while the cbd edibles only worked really well once? Or was there thc in there like I suspected?( I’m talking worked immediately here… cbd edibles eaten every day also helps but it takes several weeks.)i have to eat cbd constantly in order for it to " grab a slot" in my receptors, which are nearly always flooded with thc. Makes sense.

4 Likes

You high light the text and a box with quote will appear on your screen click on that and it will put that in your post.

What I read was CBD only attaches to CBD receptors but THC will attach to both CBD and THC receptors. ReikoX said that its more of an absorption rate rather than just CBD to CBD receptors only. So you will get some but if there is an abundance of THC I think the CBD will not be as effective. Why I take my CBD in the morning, and my THC in the afternoon.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips Shady. I’m going to try the CBD in the morning, and THC at night and see what happens. I work on highlighting a text next time I post as well haha. Thank you.

2 Likes

I do this too, find it more effective if I wrap each leg around to the front legs of the chair and anchor from the hips down. Like this there is no loss of the movement to the lower part of your body and all the twisting is concentrated in the spine.

Explained it is not so clear but it feels great afterwards. Usually you have to twist in both directions. And remember… take it gently, it’s your spine… Some tensing/relaxing exercises will make it easier . This can be applied any area you feel tense. Image the back of your neck is super tense so what do is in a warm draft free place:

• brace your hands and hold the back of your head. Say this is position 0. Now try and push your head back as much as possible but use your hands and don’t allow your head to move backwards. You hold this for 30 seconds… relax go back to position 0. Now let your head drop until your chin hits your chest. Repeat the tensing/blocking and if you do this a few times I assure you you will feel better. And if you do it for a week it will be great. You can do it in other directions say shoulder to shoulder axis.

Always listening to your body

As for CBD Vs thc for pain. I tried a WhiteWidow CBD < 0.3%THC because lately I have knee pain and it helped a lot within minutes I had no pain. Maybe the fact that it’s a Sativa with high CBD? All I can say is it feels amazing :grin:

3 Likes

High CBD sativa sounds wonderful! Some get up and go along with the got up and went! Thanks for the tips on the neck exercises. I’m trying them as we speak while I’m driving to work. Except for that looking down part haha

1 Like

=) let me know how it went and if you notice any difference…you should…

1 Like

Curious cat, I have been out of town on a family emergency for a couple of days, but I haven’t forgotten about your stretching exercises. I will be trying them tonight and the next few days to recover from my long drives

1 Like

Hope all.is well… family emergencies suck…

1 Like