CBD or THC - which is better for pain?

I’m usually getting a decent amount of CBD in my system when I’m popping my sacrum usually I’ve found as the antiinflammatory property of it helps a lot. 1000mg ibuprofen is the only comparison I have for how much it takes to get my back tension to ease up letting me to move around that day and not waste half the day walking 5 miles. Normally that’s roughly an hour to 1.5 hours tops. When I start taking 2 hours it’s when my back makes me look hunched over. Rather than insanely high doses of ibuprofen I dab and now only occasionally smoke weed on bad days when dabs aren’t enough. When I get oil it’s always something with a good CBD content if choices are available for it. CBC is actually a favorite on days when getting high is more effective for dealing with the pain that day. While it’s a THC and CBD thread CBG-A I’ve found seems to make my back pop itself through natural movement

2 Likes

This is also extremely important to remember too. If you’re not super flexible normally my recommendation might be bad to do. Definitely find the method that works for you though as if you have sciatica pain getting a sacrum pop whether by a professional or a method that you can do yourself will be something that makes you feel disoriented at first before a sense of relief washes over you when your legs move the way you want them to again.

2 Likes

With regard to letting someone else crack your back by lifting you. They should be taller than you, you should rest your head back on one of their shoulders and point your toes up when they lift. You want to relax and elongate your back.

3 Likes

If you are able to stand relatively straight and walk when not in spasm I highly recommend a daily Taiji (fka T’ai Chi) practice rather than yoga. It is dynamic and movement oriented. Great for balance and whole body structure.

5 Likes

OMG thank you! I completely forgot to say that. My GF is shorter than me and she can do it, but we had to work out a way for me to hang from my shoulders and bend my knees back and while she wiggles my back I try swinging left and right. In my case my sacrum is popped from the left or right side. backwards and forwards movement I have a much larger range of motion than normal. I can go full exorcist before my back pops. I can actually almost do the actual full exorcist with my neck in combo too lol :laughing:

The back extension is key too. That’s why I bend my knees. Once I get a good distance from the floor I let my legs relax. At that point Even if I drag my feet I’ve managed to relax everything and feel no friction to give a reflex response.

2 Likes

I second “Treat your own back”. The section on lordosis is key. Don’t bend forward without pointing your tailbone back and inclining it upward.

3 Likes

No one wants a slipped sacrum. ^^^^^^listen to thisssssss!!!^^^^^^^^^^^

3 Likes

I have pictures of my stepfather’s post surgery hole to prove why you really don’t want to have a slipped sacrum. I don’t have them RN, but I could dig them out in case anyone wants to see how the doc gave him a new assshole. Gore warning for the squeamish it’ll go in the shark tank when I post it as if is horrifying.

So I just read how that could be taken. No he’s not dead and I’m not digging him up to show you his back hole. The pics are in a old storage device we have in storage.

1 Like

Though CBG-A for sciatica pain hands down. I don’t need to do anything some days and I’ll be laying down and my back starts to do stuff on its own as I’m relaxing watching TV :joy:

This is I find a perfect excuse for an early harvest not to be looked as bad. It has a use in it’s higher CBG-A content. For any reason why a harvest might be done sooner than the plant wants to be at. Whether prohibition, preference, or pathogens.

2 Likes

What a lot of people don’t realize is that accentuating the lordosis (through extension exercises, using a lumbar roll, etc.) is only good for most people. I’m one of the exceptions. For me, that all makes it worse, not better - because I have anterior spondylosis (my L4 has shifted forward 14mm, permanently). Extension exercises and lumbar rolls just push that vertebra even farther out of place. What really helps me is flextion exercises. The McKenzie method helped me identify this issue, and then X-rays and physiotherapy confirmed it.

This is why I am warning against people here reading a post and thinking “hey, that stretch sounds awesome - I think I’ll try it.” For a select few of us, those exercises are the worst idea ever.

5 Likes

Yes. Have to know your own body!
Have you tried taiji? It is built off a reverse (rounded) lordosis structure and (the short forms) have no forward bending.

3 Likes

Have not tried that. The stretches and exercises that my physiotherapist recommended are helping, however.

Also, getting out of my office chair every 30 minutes is a huge help. Over the past 20 years, I have had a habit of sitting all day at work - only getting up when I had to use the toilet.

It is remarkable that I don’t have any more health problems and I am still in pretty decent shape. Almost 50 now so it is probably time to start making an effort.

3 Likes

I don’t do lengthy stretches, because I couldn’t find any succinct information on which one’s I should be doing. I’m going to get the book though, because I think it will guide me to the right stretches. :grin:

6 Likes

I find that CBD can help with pain caused by inflammation, aka arthritis. I don’t consider it to be any sort of pain reliever though.

THC on the otherhand, I find works it’s magic on the conscious mind.

The two combined provide relief that neither oxycocet and/or ibuprofen can provide.

5 Likes

I find a good dose of THC and some booty shaking music help me forget about my pain lol.

Seriously though, there is a huge difference between CBD isolates and full spectrum extraction. Imo, to think CBD is for pain is about as silly as saying thc is to get high. You’re most likely going to need a combination of both. There are many chemicals at work and trying to simplify it down to one is a sales gimmick.

As far as stretches for the sacrum and lower back, people are most likely not popping their sacrum as they are popping the lower lumbar vertibrae. The sacrum has six little joints the size of pencil erasers. If you really do get these out of place/over stretch them, you will be sorry, trust me. If you have low back issues unsupported forward folding is about the worse thing you can possibly do. This puts tremendous stress on the lower lumbar vertebrae and put the intervertebral discs in a ideal situation to herniate. You’ve heard it a million times - ‘I just bent over to pick up a quarter and my back went out’.

5 Likes

My whole body literally is arthertic from the top vertebra in my head clear down to my toes.

2 Likes

You are attacking pain in so many angles it doesn’t even stand a chance :joy::wink: I try these methods sometimes. I find orally is more effective when my hips and knee are killing me and I can’t sleep.

4 Likes

I think CBD is just a fancy term for low potency dispensary weed …No Thanks! :laughing:

3 Likes

I thought CBD was bulls*** until I saw my mom take it for her arthritis. She went from struggling to get out of a chair to being active again. I also saw it stop my exes son’s seizures. If it’s taken in the right ways at the correct dosage it improves many peoples lives!

13 Likes

Yeah that’s essentially how I hurt myself at work. Despite cameras workman’s comp dicked me and told me to fuck off. I bent over to grab a piece of cardboard box and toss it in the machine and I nearly fainted. I dragged myself home right away after dealing with talking to management and the next day I found out how bad it really was. Most of my stretching is to relieve pressure in my lower back as something at the tailbone area is not happy and my legs don’t lift all the way anymore without me bracing myself first and half the time using my hands to lift them high enough to get up on something. I’m not short either. At 6’1" and 29 it shouldn’t be a issue for me to walk, run, jump, sit, stand, lay down, have sex, and lift anything without pain that triggers an anxiety response causing me to stop what I’m doing short to breathe for a second while it’s throbbing in pain. It sucks, but I’m getting through it and stretching the way I do is all that’s been able to help me keep moving forward day to day without just curling up in fetal as that’s the only position I can say doesn’t hurt my back much. I can sleep on my side only or the pressure starts. Kids don’t let your back get hurt. You’ll regret it for life. Always be careful with your back and tell everyone to fuck off if they tell you to hurt yourself.

3 Likes