CBD or THC - which is better for pain?

It is called moonshine for a very simple reason :grinning::grin:

2 Likes

Shadey you freezing fresh or dried?

2 Likes

Let me rephrase that question. Obviously THC goes into alcohol, or tinctures would not work. What I meant to ask is, would this tincture get you high if it was placed on your skin? Before being heated.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to this. Are you starting a new thread? Or documenting here? I donā€™t want to miss thisšŸ¤—

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but I still canā€™t quote others without typing every word. I hope you can figure out which post Iā€™m talking about. I need a millennial haha! Instructions donā€™t work for me! I still ā€œpokeā€ type with one finger. When I talked directly into my phone, it often screws up what Iā€™m saying. I guess it doesnā€™t speak upstate!

2 Likes

On the PC select text by left clicking mouse on the beginning or end of text, hold mouse button down and move cursor over the text you want to quote. It should look li9ke the pic below. A box with quote will appear, click on it and it will open a new post with the quote.

Its the same process on a phone only more tricky if your fingers dont work well like mine. You double tap at the beggining or end of text, there will be 2 end tags appear move one to begging or end of the text to quote. When the quote box appears double tap it to produce the quote.

If the weed is more than a couple of months old it will decarb naturally. Probably more to do with the high percentage alcohol messing you up.

1 Like

Thanks for the attempt shadey! Iā€™m hopeless lol. Iā€™ll keep trying. It was definately a hash oil buzz. (Maybe an alcohol effect too, now that you mention it. 190 proof is nothing to take lightly!)Although I did keep licking my fingers offā€¦it was just so piney! It was like a forest lollipop! The trim is always a couple months old when I do this. So it was decarbed like you said. So if I took any decarbed weed and put it in alcohol, it would get me high if it touches my skin? And if I took any fresh plant material and soaked it in the same alcohol, and it touched my skin, I would not get high correct?

1 Like

Yeh anything that touches your skin will be absorbed, If you put a clove of garlic in a rubber glove on your hand, you will have it on your breath in about 30 minutes. Fresh shouldnā€™t get you high as far as I know, drunk yes, especcially if you lick your fingers, but not high.

I do airbrush art work, and had a go at painting a cake, you reduce the thick food colouring with vodka as it has no smell. Normally I would spray any unused colour into a rag when painting, but I did not want to waste the vodka, so I sprayed it in my mouth. Big mistake, finely atomized alcohol gets straight into the brain via mouth absorption, I was drunk before I finished the cake lol.

2 Likes

Sounds like I was drunk and stoned. Cheap date! I didnā€™t even think about the alcohol Vapor I was also inhaling. Definitely drunk and stoned. Explains the wobbly knees a bit better too. Iā€™m pretty sure if you take the fresh plant matter and soak in an alcohol, it has all the medical benefits without the ability to get you high. I havenā€™t had the heart to do it LOL!

2 Likes

I have a buddy who doesnā€™t like THC and he makes a tincture with non decarbed THC, and CBD plants and gets good relief from it for his Arthritis.

4 Likes

I began rubbing high THC DIY tincture on my sore neckā€¦After a weekā€¦it feels much better than before.
It is congenital and wonā€™t ever get cured, but the relief from the constant dull pain is sure welcome.

CBD did nada for me either, but some dispensary CBD was really helping my senior dog cope with old age.
She seemed to limber back up after a few weeks after CBD.

4 Likes

I gave my dog a pea sized pc of pot butter every evening and he LOVED it! He would literally start dancing at age fourteen if I asked him if he was ready for his pot butterā€¦ I gave a friend of mine some hash oil ( pot butter first)for his dog that has cancer and multiple diseases from ticks. The treatment regiment I gave him coincided with some fancy new joint medication that the vet recommended. Cosequin I believe. They said they could do nothing for the cancer. Anyway a few months go by, and people like my friendā€™s mother and her friends Etc are all commenting how great the dog looks and how limber she is on the cosequin. He then tells them the fact that the dog had never taken it. Just pot butter the whole time, and now increased to hash oil at small doses. Itā€™s been a year and the cancer has not Advanced at all, although it was advancing rapidly before the treatment started. I hope with the switch to oil, the cancer can be defeatedā€¦ so that tincture you rub on your neck. Is that just some weed soaked in alcohol for a while? It works good?

5 Likes

Hiā€¦
Noā€¦
I decarb flower or rosin and then infused it in a Levo extractor (crockpot is fine). I infused it into glycerin to make the tincture and ran it at 160d F for 5+ hrs. I do make it kinda strongā€¦LOL

Not a big fan of anything alcohol, except for cleaning rigs. :laughing:
It was better for my dog to just buy her some Human grade CBD oil in a dispensary to make sure that there was little to no THC. At 14.5 yrs old,ā€¦I wanted to take no chances on her suffering.

4 Likes

Oh my god thatā€™s hilariousā€¦ Laughing my head of nowā€¦ while making some chicken brothā€¦ got a nasty coldā€¦

That reminds of a similar accident but with chilli peppersā€¦ I went for a piss and. Yeah I know big mistakeā€¦

2 Likes

No doubt. I donā€™t blame you for not taking chances on your old dog. I would have never dreamed of giving my dog pot butter, but he was a big fan of stealing my pot brownies, and He knew what He was taking. No disguises. Just pot butter. He quite enjoyed himself highšŸ¤’ I would have been happy to load him up with CBD had I been able to afford it. I would have grown it for him but New York makes no distinction between CBD and Thc plants. I needed what I could afford for myself unfortunately. 14 and a half years huh? God bless. An old dog is a family member. I sure miss my buddy. He passed on his 14th birthdayšŸ˜‡ His ashes will be part of my garden

3 Likes

Even in more trouble now. I have 3 other dogs and I make rosin gummiesā€¦
Needless to sayā€¦they are licking their chops! One is a sneaky counter surfer ( a young Golden Retriever), and I am always scared that she will find something before I am able to get at her.

3 Likes

Ha ha! Yeah you have to watch those retrievers especially well. They are slaves to their bellies for sure.

2 Likes

I moved all the still and alcohol discussion to a new thread:

If I missed any posts or moved any that should have stayed here, let me know. Im new to using my super powersā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I tend to always lean towards hight thc for my pain with some cbd mixed into the bunchā€¦ I have never bought the stuff at the yocal store but have had some decent acdc capsules and bud for my arthritis. These were cbd capsā€¦ Usually only smok or vape buds in the higher amounts of thcā€¦ I have seen many strains in the 17s and 18s but I tend to stay around the 20 percent area if I canā€¦ and this is tested dispensary concentrates and bud.

2 Likes