CG | 2x4 | Samsung LM301B/H + 660nm + Emerson | Grow Log

Right on man! Everything is looking great in there. Thats what matters most.

1 Like

Got an air pump, water pump, totes, tubing and a TDS meter so far for the hydro build. :sunglasses: :dolphin: :whale2:

JH:

WW:

Had to take my buddys plant in for a bit as he went on vacation, so trimmed up the plants and retied them down.Topped the jack herer./white widow at the third node.

Started feeding all 4 plants 3/4 tsp MaxiBloom, 3 drops floralicious and 1 teaspoon of liquid kelp, 1 and a half gal water every 4.5 days or so. Likely will have to transplant one more time to 8 gallons and possibly move them into a 4x4 for flower, doing what I can to provide supplemental lighting.

2 Likes

Dug out the old 4x4 since I had to take my buddys plant back in and was running out of room anyways. Ordered another sun board strip that has 2 UV diodes for when I flower. Optimally I’d like to see 10-14 strips in the 4x4 for my final build but will have to slowly piece it together.

Also transplanted the White Widow/Jack Herer plants into 1 gal pots. Figure I can use 3 strips + cops in the 4x2 tent to veg with :thinking:

4 Likes

Early mornin diggin, ya’ll! Dug a hole, threw some FFOF in it and transplanted the outdoor female plant because why the fuck not, she’s beginning to flower, so let’s see what happens.

The male plant was COVERED in balls, so I clipped them all and bagged them, gonna try and store the pollen if I can. Other than that the JH/WW are doing okay, trimmed/topped them into a mainline (I got a problem).

7 Likes

Inspirational, love the middle plant earlier, colas made a circle.
Will try for an interpretation of your style in scrog, clean and orderly.
LM301s look to be a good choice, plants look amazing

First proper run for me also with LM301H, impressive, can feel it on your skin, those puppies are pushin some photons. 2 panel (250W)
Turned all the way down, ~120W, 40-60K lux at edge of area and dead cold heat sink, love it.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad you can also appreciate less the efficacy of the style of training and more the added hands on time with the plants and when you get good seeds or in the middle plants case, a good phenotype, you get some properly aesthetic plants.

I’m vegging perfectly fine with HST under these “R spec” strips. No I think these should be called Emerson for a reason, it’s the pinnacle of current consumer tech, that is basically commercial grade technology when you DIY it.

Gonna check out your grow, keep on keepin on brotha

1 Like

Ordered 5 more Emerson strips and some heatsinks. Also flipped to flower last night :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:. Doubt I’m going to build another scrog for this bagseed 4x4 run since I’d rather throw money into a carbon filter, additional flower nutes, hydroponic parts, and of course more photons!

Foliar fed indoor/outdoor girls today with floralicious + kelp. Current feed schedule has been 2 feeds and then plain water.

Last Two Feedings:

• 7g (weighed out) MaxiBloom
  • 1ml Floralicious Plus
  • 1.5ml Calimagic
  • 1 tsp Kelp

Next Two Feedings:

• 3/4 Tsp MaxiBloom
  • 1ml Floralicious Plus
  • 1ml Liquid KoolBloom
  • 2.5ml Calimagic

I’m going to top dress powdered dolomite lime around week 2-3 to head off the loss of the oyster shell’s PH buffering effects so we don’t get lockout, and to supplement additional calcium/mag.

BONUS EDIT: Checkout this thrift store find of mine!

8 Likes

Been a busy week, but nevertheless, (knock on wood), the three indoor plants all look like where I’ve wanted them for a while.

As soon as I get the framing I’m adding an additional 4 strips to the equation.

Outdoor Girl, ~Week 3 Flower:

The outdoor girl is at around the third week point in flower or so, I put some chicken wire around her as deer, woodchucks & bunnys are assholes! Gave her a final spray of neem oil hoping to hedge against powdery mildew/insects.

Day 3 Flower:

Day 8 Flower:

Day 10 Flower (Today 9/10):

This is with pretty moderate pruning/defoliation too! I’ve been trying to remove the lower growth and giving them time to recoup, as well as removing the leaves blocking light/airflow.

7 Likes

10x R Strips + 1x UV + R strip, bringing us to 390ws at the wall and 1,056 diodes total.

Took a bit due to having to wire the 4 strips in constant voltage parallel rather than constant current series that I’m used to.

Nothing fancy about the frame, actually just zip tied the heatsinks to the angled aluminum for now, hope to do a tnutz 45" type build in the future.

We’re now in day 15 of flower and all 4 plants are now starting to form budlets!

Indoor Day 15:

Feeding: 3/4 Tsp Maxibloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 2ml Liquid Koolbloom, 2.5ml Diamond Nectar, 2.5ml Calimagic

Outdoor Week ~3:

Have not fed the outdoor plant at all yet, planning on feeding her soon with just some liquid Koolbloom, floralicious and diamond nectar.

Hope everybody is doing well and staying safe - peace till the next update! :money_mouth_face: :v:

5 Likes

Another day another flower update!

The indoor girls are doing great, the top-right plant is very obviously a Sativa phenotype that has now more than doubled her size. Budlets starting to form all over all 3 plants, and the one plant under the UV strip is beginning to get frosty!

Day 21

Carbon Filter Engaged! Vivosun 6"x 18", No smell inside or outside anymore!!

Top Left Plant:

Top Right Sativa:

Bud from plant under UV strip:

After some frosts you can see some purpling on a couple leaves. The trichome production has really picked up since getting 4-5 days in the low/mid 30s

Purpling in color nights in the 34-35 degrees F:

Plant itself, Week 4 flower?:

Man-oh-man the outdoor plant smells good - best way I can describe it is intense fruity pebbles/berries. It leaves you squeezing buds to keep getting a whiff of it!

Waiting to get ahold of some mother of all blooms off my buddy, but besides that it should be smooth sailing till harvest from here on out!

White widow or Jack Herer (I lost track lol) 9/20:

Cheers dudes, thanks for checking out my log update and take care brothas!

4 Likes

Found a couple of old grates, made a grow light out of it for my veg tent :sunglasses: (2x4).

• Strips: 3x 96 Diode Samsung Emerson Spec (IR + Deep Read) strips
  • Light Distance: 22-24"
  • Data: 125w at wall, current pot @ 100%, voltage pot around 50-60%
  • Exhaust: Single 12v 120mm 80CFM PC fan + dust filter (need to add a grill)

Aluminum mesh dust filter, can get 4packs pretty cheap for multiple different sized pc fans.

6 Likes

Yeah not knocking my man, but mainlining is not very efficient… although as a freebie plant to play around with I love mainlining because its a very hands-on approach. It’s a great way to pass the time on those 10-12 week strains that I never have the patience for🤷🏽‍♂️

1 Like

Agreed man, but still I’m betting DWC wise it would be much more efficient. But still, it’s really not that much work, it’s just time consuming but it yields incredible results when combined with scrog especially. The only work involved is the initial topping and training, which is 30 minutes a week if even that, maybe bi or tri-weekly maintenance. Then in flower, you completely stop doing anything mainline based and let them stretch into the first scrog, then the 2nd. Tried and true, but I digress, to each their own.

1 Like

I see your point and agree, but I should have explained more clearly what I meant…I perpetually grow, so with my setup mainlining would waste more time annually for me, versus topping once or twice in a SOG/SCROG. But, yes mainlining is more efficient than no training and done with the right strain, because thats another issue I ran into some strains don’t respond well to that technique. So for me a fun mainlining technique is a 5 gal pot in a 4x4 mainlined and SCROG’d out…beastly yields! But time consuming

1 Like

Now the fun really begins! Everything’s finally flowering and boy is it frosty!

Swapped one of the strips in the 7 strip light to one with UV. Also added a second oscillating fan for a number of reasons, notably to increase air to roots/hasten feeds, and to cool down the diodes making them more efficient.

Outdoor:

Broken bud that I’m drying:

First of the three seedlings to shed its shell:

Veg plants, the smaller one in solo is for my buddy.

6 Likes

Lovely looking space you have there , similar to mine space wise …

1 Like

Thanks, @Arthur-Mix! I’m absolutely loving this setup, first time perpetual and loving the 4x4 + 2x4 tent combo. Plus my grow case could even be used for clones, etc. These strips are super modular (making them pretty economical), literally anything you can find at a dollar store can work. as a heatsink and frame. I’d like to add 3 more strips into the 2x4 veg tent for 6 total (but running the three at 120w or so).

Running the flower tent at almost 500watts(~470) out of 11 strips, with both drivers running at 100% current/voltage.

1 Like

Christmas… in October? Maybe. It’s awfully frosty though. Literally, and that’s the reason I do not have an outdoor update to share in this post but it will be coming. Wanted to wait after the frosts to see what she’d look like.

We are now on day 37 of flower, and the indoor girls are exceeding my expectations (frankly I’m worried of how white widow/jack herer is going to compete with this bagseed).

The aesthetically pleasing Outdoor-indoor refugee is now turning purple, and smells exactly like grapes!

While the manifold is just covered in frost…

And the original Mainline is riddled with bud, surprising me with how sativa dominant of a phenotype she turned out to be! Had to supercrop her a few times to allow me to keep the light relatively uniform in height (8-10" from canopy).

All 4 plants including outdoor have a primary odor of citrus, with variations of bitter/earthy (the sativa) and tangy/skunky (the manifold), and sweet/grapey (the out-in refugee). Since I installed the 6x19 vivosun the smell has been relatively mild but when the tents open you can smell it across the house.

5 Likes

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::clap::clap:

Love your setup and how everything looks perfect!!

That mainline is a wow indeed

1 Like

Thanks bro! Am grateful as fuck to be doing this man. Loving every minute of it!!!

Take care :v: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes