Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 3)

What’s your method of pressing? I’m completely new to this sort of thing. We just usually smoke it or make edibles. But I’ve found edibles to be a hit or miss. I’d rather try getting the pure goodness off the material so I KNOW what I’m working with.

1 Like

Thats plenty

2 Likes

There are YouTube video explaining the whole process.

2 Likes

I’m looking now! Thanks guys!

1 Like

So I collected kief from the trim

bin I just purchased and used my dab press to press it. No heat, just pressed solid. Got 3.5 grams of pressed kief from just trimming my 4 plants, love that trim bin. There are pollen presses and such that work well, I just went the easy route. Sour Bubble hash :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks great!! I’ve seen some little keif presses on Amazon that will press it into little coins :rofl: reminded me of Ricky :woman_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Bubble bags will get you this.

No press necessary

9 Likes

Wow that looks like those Chinese stress balls. Beautiful! What micron bags do you use?

After you get that, you cure it?

1 Like

I am so looking forward to trying those @Floyd. Just have not managed to replace the hose yet. Got to go to the hardware store and find a piece of hose, the ones online are like $50. All other sizes can be purchased by the foot but this particular size only comes in large quantities.

2 Likes

For that 220, 160 , 120 and 73. I mix in the 220 and then pour it through the others in a pail with the bottom cut out.

1 Like

73 being the smallest and last one u use, right? You have a link to the bags you bought?

1 Like

I use the original Bubblebags brand. Ive had them 20 years. There are lots of brands out there that may be cheaper and good quality.

2 Likes

Yes …

1 Like

I’m so dumb when it comes to this, sorry man :woman_facepalming::joy: maybe soon enough I’ll have some experience under my belt and won’t have so many questions :grimacing: I hate bugging you guys but you KNOW these things.

I just watched a video and I found some bags. I think I know why u cut your buckets bottom off. So the water can just drain freely on its own? Seems like it would make it easier.

The 220 stuff keeps getting washed until you have all the good stuff off. The 25 is the best of the best. What do you do with the in between grade?

2 Likes

And these are the bags I was thinking about getting. This the kind you were talking about?

1 Like

And my final question is can I still use this trim that’s completely dried? As long as I freeze it first? I keep seeing “fresh frozen” when I google. I’ll be better prepared next time lol

1 Like

Yes but you dont want to over do it in the 220 or you will end up with too much green material going through. I hand stir, others use drills or mixers.
I only keep what I collect from the 73.
I think the 25 is shit and not worth the trouble. Others may think other wise.
Yes cut the bottom out of the bucket and sit it in my laundry tub to drain freely.

2 Likes

Yes… Couple of @JoeCrowe threads to look at.
My Bubble hash making tech
Hash Making Revisited

1 Like

Different brand. They should work fine. Cant comment on the quality.

1 Like

Ok I’ll keep looking! It said “bubble bag” so I thought it was the right ones :joy: