Chem D Discussion

Hi Tom, Interesting to read your preference… only had 4 and D and i must say i much prefer the D.
4 has bigger yield but the D is pretty much the ONLY one that i feel helps me sleep (not that i’m an insomniac or anything). i think it tastes better and best of all there is a quality to the high that gives a kind of trippy colorful visual tracery.
p.s. my guess for the gas that makes the buds go brown is hydrogen sulphide - that is what brussels sprouts give off and that smell is a definite component of the Chem ‘funk’ imo
VG

10 Likes

here’s a dry nug from the D leaning C4DDF2 that i posted further up.
Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 17.21.17
and here is a shot of a different C4DD F2 from the same pack of seed that i reckon looks more Chem 4 influenced… but tbh i don’t know the 4 as well as i know the D
Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 17.20.38
VG

26 Likes

looks great, very interesting work with the chems

2 Likes

I agree that long term storage ability needs to be looked at by breeders a lot more then it is I have eliminated strains based on that alone. I have also grown weed one time that after about 8months in the dark took on a sparkling gold color like the nugs had been sprayed with confectioners gold, it wasn’t my favorite to smoke but it was very special looking.
If the herb won’t keep for at least a year it’s worthless for me to grow as I’m a outdoor one or two crops has to last the whole year kinda grower.

14 Likes

Have you grown the different chems outside by any chance.
I’m at 42n in ny. I’m trying to figure out if they would be an option to run outside for me.
Thank you

1 Like

No I haven’t I’m currently working on getting a verified chem d and a 91 but there far south of me and the timing has not worked out yet.

5 Likes

Only in NorCal, havent grown them in NY.
D was bigger, 4 had better structure.
But if Im just going by the buzz I like - 91.

Edit,
91 was in Mendo, D and 4 were in Lake County, Sour D in Santa Rosa.
So it wasn’t really a side by side comparison. And only one grow of each.

4 Likes

Any place to get your beans in the states man ?

3 Likes

If your wanting chem D I got a cut of it from Eric minor of hbk genetics before he left for Thailand I don’t mind sharing

15 Likes

@Wuachuma @Heritagefarms thank you for sharing your thoughts with this! I appreciate it

2 Likes

Hey @VerdantGreen was that your reasoning for doing the 4 x D and then the D again? Get the yield of the 4 with your favorite traits of the D? I’ve got the f2s penciled in for my next run

5 Likes

I appreciate the offer and would be happy to get a cut of the d but I’m not big on the mail and knowing my luck your probably know where near me. I’m in California central Sierra Nevada mtns.

4 Likes

fpls-09-01172.pdf (1004.5 KB)

7 Likes

Its just Realgorillaseeds/seedboutique atm . they are in UK but ship to the states just fine. They also have CC facilty.

3 Likes

Hey mate, :wave:
Rez did the original C4D and obviously he went down for a while and all the drama…
I was gifted a great C4D male about 12 years ago which i thought the best thing to start a Chem line would be to cross the the D again which i held.
Taking that to F2 gives more variation within a gene pool which is just about all Chem.
The Cross to the 4 again … i wanted to get more representation of the 4 side and get a genetically wider cross. and the Contra D / C4DDD was really for completeness sakes… The idea being that going forward, people can make an ‘F1’ type cross between C4DD4 and C4DDD/contra D - especially as a the slightly ‘stunted’ genes in the Chem Lines have segregated in the Contra D and ‘big’ plants can be selected in which those genes are all but eliminated.
As you know i’m a bit of a closet hack lol… so with my seeds i try to give people their own raw material / potential for breeding projects and taking it forward because they may have a lot more room than me.
VG

23 Likes

Hey thanks i’ll come back and read that later - looks very interesting. We grow lots of brussels sprouts in the UK and after peeling them once i smelt my hands and it was pure chem !

5 Likes

Great cross as I have grown both and enjoyed the smoke. Many gems in mr. Nice gear and lucky dog. Have you popped any of the seeds?

2 Likes

I make teas with water I boil sprouts or cabbage in and potatoes. Seems to keep plants robust until end of flower as opposed to them starting to look tired right at the end of flower.

I can relate to weed going brown and tasting better. Some doesn’t ever really go brown but ages better. Ace’s Panama only starts to taste good at about a year. This definitely had what I understand to be some kind of fermenting type process. You can smell it. I’ve got the nose of a bloodhound. Can smell shit on the wind from a mile away. I’ve got a White Lotus/Jack cross that is totally brown and after two years tastes like sweet candy hash. Looks horrible. Tastes really good.

Also had SSSDH/Jacks for what must be about 5 years, never went brown and still licks my head the same way it did when I first cropped it. These never went brown either.

The OGs and Kush have a serious short shelf life and end up tasting like cigar tobacco. Not that I have anything against the tobacco taste but I give that shit away more quickly than other vars or cross in to something with a bit more longevity.

Got Chimera’s recent Chem D BX to NL and Chem D BX to Purps hanging drying. And a bunch of other Chem crosses. Never really run anything Chem before so excited for the next few months.

1 Like

@Heritagefarms I picked up a cut recently of Chem91 skunkVA , how would I go about " verifying" it?

My plan was to post flowering pics at ic in the Chem91 thread and hope I get some of the holders to say it sure looks legit. Any other or better option?

I thought of asking SkunkVA but not sure I should bother him with it. I do hold some flower of it I got when I visited but not sure of my skills to be able to compare by indulging…

6 Likes

Lemon hoko anyone? CHEM DD F4
Just started a tester run!

20 Likes