Chem D Discussion

@Gonzo This picture below, posted by @TomHill is a beautiful example of Chem D variegation.

Some people say that if Chem D is healthy, the variegation will go away. Some people say a lot of things. My cut gets to the point where the variegation is fairly minimal at times, but never fully goes away. I must suck at growing haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

22 Likes

So it’s the coloring, half a leaf tye-die thing?

4 Likes

Exactly. You get that weird white/yellowish tie dye thing going. Yours do not look like they have it

3 Likes

She is a beauty!

3 Likes

it also shows up in the Biker kush i have (karma’s first version)

18 Likes

Killer clear pic🍻

2 Likes

Exactly what I wanted to know , the variegation was most likely caused by some type of stress leading to certain circles having the cuts with the mutation and others not. That would also explain why some are more variegated then others. Variegation mutations can get better or worse over time and even show up or go away in specific portions of a plant and become inheritable once present.

6 Likes

Im pretty sure thats what started the whole “needs more CalMag” craze.
Back in the 2000’s people said if you see variegation that she needs more CalMag.

6 Likes

My thesis is that it started from how they clone and fed their plants.
Synthetic cloning agents are nifty at mutating dna/rna.

3 Likes

Same plant.
Its a Dream Beaver cross, so it has a bit of Chem D in it.
Pretty cool how the variegation started, then the leaves got way darker and more sativa in flower.

Cherry Tiger x Dream Beaver x Cherry Tiger

10 Likes

crazy, I always worry about my Chem 91 cut because she yellows sometimes. I think it might just be variegation lol

will snap pics when lights are on

5 Likes

Yellow, like rusting late in flower?
Thats the tell tale sign its 91.

7 Likes

I love dream beaver. Have grown it twice now and still have a few seeds left. Beautiful cross! Let me know if you ever get some seeds from that because any dream beaver cross is good in my book.

3 Likes

Yeah I have some I can share.
I never tried pure Dream Beaver though.

3 Likes

I’m new to growing old school cuts, but I do trust my source on her very much

1 Like

I’ve been telling people this about rooting hormones and chemicals but most won’t listen, I don’t use any thing when cloning besides sterile tools and get 100% success 99.9 percent of the time. They take a little bit longer to root sometimes but it’s easy to account for that and take them a little sooner then you normally would.

5 Likes

Aloe Vera is an organic rooting hormone

5 Likes

They tend to get this color as they mature

Edit: tried to snap some younger/middle age leaves too for some context

9 Likes

That’s awesome the 91 is starting to come out into the fold. Been wanting to try that one for a long time. Just finished up a Guerilla Fume F2. Had some of the rusting look going on. Reeked of chemy funk and lemons

5 Likes

I’m just a lucky gal who happened to get along with an industry veteran who wanted to share!

2 Likes