Chem D Discussion

Has anybody ran the Chem d s1 from csi?

4 Likes

This is one of two Chem d S1, the other was culled with early nanners. This one had huge buds, heavy stink with cinnamon hint, drying now after taking it down on day 63. Just put one more pheno into flower March 15.

31 Likes

I know itā€™s ignorantly hopeful that itā€™s the legit. Chem D, however from someone who hasnā€™t grown it, I know some things to look out for but not all in attempts to verify itā€™s provenance. Anything stand out from my picture even though sheā€™s a youngin?

7 Likes

leaves are very similar

Iā€™ve got two in jars as of two nights ago,both had a light variegation,one is" old sweaty b.o." and the other is rank dank and putrid, should cure out nicely haha ,Iā€™ve had a BigBadWolf2.0 that was super b.o. too,but I lost the tag on the original cut,and I may still have as an unlabeled cutting,but damn wish I was better with the labels, peace
PS, havenā€™t smoked any yet,Cheers

5 Likes

I have a chem d in flower at the moment and picked up hints of cinnamon early on that has now turned to a more dank type of funk, cinnamon is not something I recall smelling from a cannabis plant before it definitely has me intrigued.

7 Likes

Horchata :drooling_face:

5 Likes

ive been getting old man sweat and stale cigar smoke and wet daipers throughout with my chem d leaner

3 Likes

I pulled about 30 unopened nanners off the chem d last night , Iā€™m not a fan of plants that have herm traits like this is showing. Looks like dank bud otherwise and has a body odor funk going on. I smell a slight black pepper smell on the background that reminds me very much of the short fat little Hindu Kush clone that was passed around NorCal for a long time.

10 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the chem d is notorious for popping out sterile nanners in the buds.

I used to pick them out when I ran chem sour diesel from reservoir seeds. Back then I thought they would seed my garden so I would pick them all out, itā€™s one of yhe reasons I let it go. Kicked myself ever since letting it go. Especially now that itā€™s thought they are sterile .

7 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve heard that before but Iā€™m picking them all as they show up to be safe,. Iā€™m making seeds this run and donā€™t want to chance any genetic mix ups.
The first clones I was given as bubba would do this on the top bud realy bad but they were always sterile.
The bubba kush has never grown them under my supervision.
The first buds of kush (og kush) I would get in los Angelaā€™s also had occasional small white seeds that were never mature enough to grow and I donā€™t see the current cuts going around doing this.
Has anybody grown the chem 91 if so does it throw nanners like this ?
The people I would get the kush from back then weā€™re also the first people I ever heard talking about chem weed.
Just me thinking out loud Iā€™m sure itā€™s all just coincidence.

5 Likes

@Heritagefarms Iā€™m growing yhe chem 91 as well right now and have not noticed any nanners on it. I havenā€™t really taken a good look though.

4 Likes

Sometimes there very small and hidden within the hairs but Iā€™ve not heard of the 91 throwing nanners just curious if anybody else has.

2 Likes

Any chance one of you grew chem 91 outside?

2 Likes

Sorry my first time growing it. Iā€™m strictly indoors anywaysāœŒļø

2 Likes

Itā€™s challenging to find stuff for certain regions after so much time inside. So I just keep asking :joy:

2 Likes

Chemā€™s are very sensitive compared to other lineages. Iā€™ve had success with many CHEM D crosses but never grown the cut itself. Iā€™m growing one right now which has been good so far!

GG4 is usually the one you would hear about doing this.

4 Likes

This is the elemental wellness cutting? What week? I havenā€™t noticed any on mine but theyā€™re crammed in a tent so itā€™s hard to inspect.

The smell is ripe though :metal:

Hope they are sterile!

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: sounds great!

2 Likes

Yes the one from elemental wellness and I did not see them until I looked close, there not as yellow as some others Iā€™ve seen and some are very small.
According to the calendar Iā€™m on week 6 of flower but that is very hard to judge based on intentional light leaks for the first 2 weeks. Some strains really delay going into flower when there is a small amount of nighttime light present others donā€™t. For example the super lemon haze, bubba kush, shapeshifter , blueberry and ghost og all look like week six but the blue dream, 92og , covelo skunk, look like week 3.
The Panama gold, chem d, and sfv og kush plants look like week 4.
You may be wondering why I would have intentionally allowed light leaks , itā€™s a method I use to look for males that wonā€™t herm under stress before using them to breed.
Girls that can grow nanners or full on herm will quickly show up with light leaks and they get eliminated., the. The leaks are closed.
The boys that are unstable will start to grow hairs right around the same time they start to drop pollen if stressed with light. So before the males open any flowers I isolate them , cut a few branches that get set to the side for pollen collection then put the boys back under 18 hours of light , if they continue to drop pollen or try to reveg with out herming they get used for breeding.

9 Likes