Chem D Discussion

Shortening daylight hours is an old trick to try and tame very long flowering varieties. There’s no real rule of thumb for how much it’ll cut off your timeline but it definitely does work… been doing it for years now. Not full time like it sounds like @Dope_Heffalump is but i don’t see any issue doing it that way either.

The longer the night cycle, the more flowering hormone will be released- to put it in general and simply. It’s a bit more complex than that but you get the idea :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

This works on short flowering indicas as well ?

Hormones are hormones, so yes, longer night cycles will allow a higher rate release of the specific group of hormones responsible for flowering… probably to a less noticeable extent on already quick finishing varieties.

3 Likes

So I grew the reservoir seeds 91 chemdog IBL for 3 generations, and I wasn’t the biggest fan. It was one of my only genetics at the time though. It did grow 1 nice cola and a ton of golf ball to racket ball size orbiting buds.

But flavorwise it had just nothing standout to me. Just a medium herby and funkyness, no stand out notes. It did have a really nice coat of trichromes. I did get them as f3 from open pollination though too.

I’ve grown other chemdog and sour diesel crosses and really enjoyed them. One of my first plants ever was a CD bagseed I called “chunky momma”, it grew beautiful crowns of marshmallow sizes rock solid buds if you topped it halfway through veg. I sold a bunch of clones of it around Kzoo about 9 years ago… tasted and smelled just like the bag it came from, piney, lemony, strong herb scent. Not tons of trichromes, but still packed a punch when you smoked it.

12 Likes

I recently got a cut of Chem D! I’m super excited for this lady! :green_heart:

7 Likes

Not pissin on your parade, at least not trying to, but check them shits for spider mites.

2 Likes

A friend that has the cut says she looks right to him :blush:

3 Likes

What makes you say that? I treated everything before bring it inside, and still have them quarantined.

2 Likes

Blotches or spots on the leaf. The leaves look like something is happening

1 Like

That’s variegation and it’s a typical expression for the original Chem D cut.

8 Likes

Gotcha. And thanks for the little lesson on the Chem D trait.
I’ve grown that out many of runs and never had that occur, now I’m second guessing whether or not it was actually Chem D

3 Likes

It’s possible that epigenetic imprinting is behind the variegation that is not always related to nutrient deficiencies as some believe. When healthy with dark rich shiny leaves it’s very hard to see the variegation as it’s much less predominant then. As well I do believe that there’s positive epigenetic stresses that could be behind this when it’s barely noticable. I too have seen it come and go between the runs with the Chem D and several other cuts I keep.

1 Like

I have clones of that Chem D, rooted & ready. DM me if anyone is interested. US only.

24 Likes

Happy healthy plants nice job

1 Like

Oh man I’d jump on that in a heartbeat! Not in a legal state though. :cry:

Ever try the 4dd crosses from people under the stairs?

2 Likes

Yep running gasorene now

3 Likes

Nice, had that one on the short list. Running chemcake soon.

2 Likes

I had moved and shut down - happily now have Chem D back in the stable!

20 Likes

She is a beauty! Congrats and props to the homie that kept her happy for ya!
I’ll admit I’m a lil concerned about her long term symmetry. I think the best solution would be to take some cuts and um…send them to me😋

1 Like