ChronicMcBudz's Stealth Wardrobe

Seedlings have been in the big chamber about 5 days now and seem to be loving it. I’m going to call the left plant WC1 and the right WC2. Both are pushing their 3rd and 4th nodes and are already on 5 finger leaves.

WC1 has had the most struggle, but I think she will be just fine. She started off not getting her taproot in good, so it was kinda weak and has been trying to grow sideways. We have a pebble shoved into the top of the sponge to hold it upright for now until it gets a bit bigger. This is also the plant that I broke the taproot on. Despite everything it’s trucking right along and is just as big as its sister.

Not much to say about WC2. She seems to be liking her new home.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how much these things grow in just a few days! Still just moving along.

WC1

WC2

WC1s Roots

4 Likes

Just some notes for myself.
19 Days since first fill
14-17 days since germ
8 days since top off/seedlings moved

Topped off the tub today. Added 3 gallons with full strength nutes. Hard to see in the picture, but WC1 is yellowing a small bit. Hopefully I don’t screw em up. Wanted to do a full change out, but not set up to do it at the moment. Decided to just top off and add some more nutes. As long as they don’t show any signs of stress I will probably change it out next week.

WC1

WC2

3 Likes

So I figured out how to tune my phone camera to the lights to get a better picture. Wish my tote lid wasn’t yellow. It screws with my eyes trying to look at it. Anyways, here’s a better pic of the yellowing I’m seeing. It’s not in the new growth as far as I can see so far, and older leaves are fine. It’s mostly just on a couple of leaves.

3 Likes

These things are growing so fast now! We’re going to call it day 21 now. Lots of side branches that aren’t far behind the main stem. Gonna wait for em to stretch then probably flop em. Only have about 22" of growth height. Gonna have to figure out how to get the shelves out before the next grow for some more height. Pepper plants are doing pretty good too. Anyways, here’s some pics from tonight.

WC1

WC2

3 Likes

We have pistils! Can’t wait for these to start budding! They’re doing well. The discoloration on WC1 seems to be going away and only is on a couple of leaves.

2 Likes

Started seeing some clawing, so the wife and I went ahead and did a full rez change. Looking about day 24 here today. Little bit of algae on the underside of the lid, but im not too concerned with it.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how much changes in just 4 days. Tied the tops down a couple days ago, trying to get an even canopy and I think I did pretty good for my first time. Didn’t tie high enough the first time so readjusted them and got everything looking pretty even. Took the ties off today and everything is sitting fairly even. Probably should have tied em down sooner. Still some clawing, but not too bad. Going to give it another week and if it’s still there I’ll lower the nutes on the next rez change. Starting to see some buds forming, but haven’t seen too much stretch. Not sure if it’s still too early and they’re gonna explode on me or if I stunted em and they’re gonna stay small. Time will tell.

4 Likes

I will definitely be following along for this one…love the cabinet, awesomeness :ok_hand:

1 Like

They’re starting to really stretch now! Had to tie the tops down again. Day 31 here. Already some sugar on some of the leaves! The wife and I are getting really excited now. The sugar leaf rub smells like lemon and fuel. Really nice smell to em already. Anyway, here’s some pics!

5 Likes

I’m gonna try and keep better records of everything in here for myself. Been kinda slacking and just randomly posting pics.

They have a lot more smell now. Kinda piney/lemon/gas. Don’t even need to touch em, just open the door. Not super strong, but it’s definitely there. They’re full on into stretch and I’ve been tying the tops and some branches to try and even up the canopy. Not much else to say other than some stuff for my own records.

Day 33, 3 gal top off
2 gal top off a few days ago
5 days til rez change

3 Likes

Day 34, little bit of tip burn and some clawing again, but not too much. Gonna dial back the jacks on the next rez change in 4 days. Was using full strength, gonna cut back to about 80%

4 Likes

Starting to see some more deficiencies popping up. I’m thinking it’s PH related as the strips I have ping it about 6.3 on the fresh res. Went ahead and did the res change. Trying the filtered water from our Pur filter this time to see if it helps. Unfortunately all I can do at this point is keep on trucking. Anyone following along, please let me know what you think I’m seeing.

Day 37
8 gal res change
Jacks at about 80%
Filtered water

3 Likes

If the rez change doesn’t help, it could be fungal. What are your Temps like?

2 Likes

Sitting about 80 F and 46% humidity. Res is about 76. I do run pool shock in there too.

Ok I’m just catching up on your grow. Looks like there was a tomato plant with similar symptoms. Do you have a filter on the air intake? I would recommend treating with a fungicide to see if that helps.

2 Likes

Day 40
3 gal top off, filtered water

Ordered a cheapo ph and tds meter and some ph down from Amazon today. Pretty sure that’s where my issue lies, but even if not, I can at least get it into a range they prefer. I know the cheap meters suck, but it’s better than what I have now and I only need it to last a month or two. Ordered a jewlers loupe as well so we can check the trichomes when the time comes. I also pruned off most of the damaged leaves so I can track the progression.

6 Likes

Day 42
Ph and EC/TDS meters arrived. Gotta go get some distilled water tomorrow to calibrate the Ph pen to make sure it’s accurate, but it’s reading 7.2, so definitely high. Ph down should be here tomorrow. Also got in my jewelers loupe and had some fun taking pictures through it. So here’s some close ups and an overall of the ladies.

Edit: EC is 1.1

11 Likes

Ph Down showed up today. 2mL per gallon brings me down to a 5.5, so we’re in business it looks like. Working on getting the reservoir down into range. Just slowly adding a little more and letting it go for 10-15 min to let it dissipate throughout the solution. When I change out the water, do I Ph before I add nutes or after? I’m assuming after.

Edit: 2 gal top off

1 Like