Chronix's Overgrown Tent

Eutierria

Blue Cookies

Kush Berry

Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison) (Z1)

Colombian Gold x (ACE: Congo x Nirvana: Maui Waui) x (ACE: Congo x Moroccan Hash)

Blueberry Bastard

18 Likes

Yes it is good to know that I was not the only one either! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s enough sugar to keep you from putting it in your coffee. Lol nice

2 Likes

Week 5…38 days or so of 12/12.

Eutierria

Blue Cookies

Kush Berry

Colombian Gold x My Fault (ACE: Congo x Nirvana: Maui Waui) x (ACE: Congo x Moroccan Hash)

Blueberry Bastard

Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison)

← Is this a potassium deficiency?

22 Likes

There is a possibility this grow might get scrapped.
My veg tent has had a spider mite problem. I have managed to kill 75% or more of the little fuckin fucks. The battle isn’t over yet, don’t know if it will ever be over.
I have not seen any in the flower tent, YET. When that happens, I am tossing it all in the garbage.
I have gotten rid of ALOT of mother plants and other plants I wanted to keep.
I am close to the point of just scrapping everything, and waiting a month or two, and starting over.
I went and got some Safers End All today, sprayed the shit out of everything.
I killed the special 3 leaf Fog Dog I got from @corey 's by accident. My hands and the spray bottle got slippery and the spray bottle slipped an squashed it. :expressionless: :pensive:
If this safers end all shit doesn’t work, I am going to say fuck it and shut it down for awhile.

11 Likes

I’m sorry man. I had posted a comment. I been having problems also. It gets better.

1 Like

The question isn’t IF a grower will get mites, it’s more a question of WHEN a grower will get mites, and how to handle it. Mites are everywhere and it’s hard to avoid, even the best growers will get or had mites, if they grow long enough. Over the years I’ve had mite problems several times cuz.
You using the Safers is a good start, but I’d suggest you try the Jadam Wetting Agent or JWA for short. It works as well as, or better than, the Safers and is a fraction of the cost.
It is a DIY mix, and you get a 5gal bucket when done. It dilutes the same as Safers, so you can see where this is going right cuz? Add up how much 5gal of the Safers costs you and compare to the 5gal of the JWA lol it’s a ‘no-brainer’ then…
I spray every few days whether I see any mites or not, purely as a maintenance program.
To get rid of heavy infestations, I’ve known growers that spray the JWA twice daily, without any harm to the plants. It works!

15 Likes

Don’t give up ever brother. I have killed so many plants… this is the part where you learn to become a master of this art.
Send me your info, and I’ll hook you up with some seeds so you can fill that tent of yours.
Happy Growing!!

6 Likes

That’s brilliant! :bulb:
It works exactly the same way… and you can make it yourself :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Aww man, been there! Keep pushing if you can but if you can’t, starting over is no fun but it means another opportunity to grow something new. Last infestation I had was barely cleared before flower, went heavy with neem and specialty predatory mites. What kind of scent you got coming from the Colombian cross?

3 Likes

@Hemp @JohnnyPotseed @corey @Gpaw @District_Flora
Thank you all for the encouragement.
First off I will say I had mites before, but they were the red ones. I ended up just starting from fresh to get rid of them. At the time they were strains I didn’t care about keeping though.

Its just frustrating, everything was going good and out of no where these little bastards appeared in full force. I thought it was a nutrient issue, until I looked under the leafs and seen a bunch of black things, and as I stared at them a few started to move. I got my trichome inspecting magnifier out and took a look, and they are what appears to me to be the two spotted mites.

I have been using hydrogen peroxide, iso, dishsoap baths. That has helped alot. It really cut the numbers down. May even be possible to win that way. I got it down to just seeing a few on each plant.
These are smaller plants/clones though. Bigger plants are harder to bring into the shower.
But I figured its time to try the Safers end all.

Last night I sprayed all the veg plants in the veg tent with the Safers end all, that is the only tent I have found them in so far.
I have some small clones in a different tent, I also sprayed them to be safe.
I gave them all a real good misting.
2 hours later I gave them all another good misting, just in case I missed a spot or two.
I don’t like the smell of the stuff at all. It smells for awhile.
I did not spray the flower tent, I have not found any mites in there luckily…and I don’t want to spray shit on my buds.

@JohnnyPotseed
Do you got a recipe for that JWA? A 5 gallon would probably last me along time. Can you use it during flower?
I could even use it on plants in the garden outside in the spring summer.

I won’t give up. Will restart if needed. But I will not give up growing!

I am still trying I aint giving up yet.
I hear you on the starting something new thing. That is fun.
But at the same time I don’t want to lose any of these strains. It takes alot of time to find keeper females so I would like to keep some mother plants.

Since you asked that question I gave it a sniff and a stem rub with one hand, and a gentle brush against a bud with the other hand. I don’t even know how to describe the scent, but it is alot different then any of the other plants. I am very curious to how it will turn out! (I still got some clones of the Colombian!)

5 Likes

Thanks for that. I’ll be moving on soon. I’ll be up north. I’ll stay in touch. Maybe I’ll have something to share.

1 Like

Methodology is sound.
You got this.

1 Like

Here are some shots of the survivors, so far, of the veg tent. I still gotta pick off some dead leafs. They don’t look good at all right now. I am posting this to see what they look like in a week from now.

Eutierria

Blue Cookies

Zeus

Kush Berry

Freakshow (2 plants)

Drunken Bastard

Some seedlings…

Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison) F2 seedlings

Some autoflowers…

2 Tycho Monolith

2 Cherry Brandy

2 Ghost Toof (1 is slow)

13 Likes

In my other tent I got clones of Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison) 1 of each pheno.
A clone of my Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison) Male.
A clone of Colombian Gold x My Fault
A Blueberry Bastard clone.

11 Likes

@chronix, The recipe is here on OG cuz, lol I got it from another OGer Here’s a link to YouTube demonstration

6 Likes

Thank you for the video/info @JohnnyPotseed
Can I use distilled water?
Where could I buy the potassium hydroxide?

1 Like

Amazon of course lol they sell everything! Also yes, most definitely use distilled water. That way you insure no contaminates.

2 Likes

I have put all my clones/vegging plants into the same veg tent.
I haven’t seen any mites yet. That doesn’t mean they are not there though…
They can sure do alot of damage in a short amount of time.
I will be spraying all the plants with the Safers end all stuff in another week just to be safe.
I am going to be using this for the vegging plants from now on. I have had good results with it before.

2 Cherry Brandy

2 Tycho Monolith

2 Ghost Toof (1 slow runty one)

Blueberry Bastard

Eutierria

Kush Berry

Blue Cookies

Colombian Gold x My Fault

2 - Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison) F2

Freakshow

Drunken Bastard

Zeus

13 Likes

Around 43 days of 12/12 for these plants.

Eutierria

Blue Cookies

Kush Berry

Zeus x (Red Cherry Berry x Durban Poison)

Around 32 days of 12/12 for these 2 plants.

Colombian Gold x My Fault

Blueberry Bastard

19 Likes