Cinderevil...!

@George, thanks for stopping by! A song from Cat Stevens came to my mind, “Remember the Days of the Old School Yard!” It feels like I’m having a chunk of classes throughout the day today! And boy! Am I learning! We simply have a roster of great teachers here!! And @Mr.Sparkle is surely one of them!! :pray: :hugs: One who loves this plant can only love OG!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yeap, sometimes I think OG is like those schools in little villages where there’s only one class and little kids are mixed with teenagers who know much more empollon|nullxnull, here they never let you feel that you’re a complete ignorant icon_e_confused|nullxnull, saludos … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Would be interesting to know how those lamps are built under that dome.

Now something to consider is the lumen rating of those lights and the smaller led bulbs and a comparison between them.

So say those 12w bulbs you have they probably put out im guessing 1200lm which is 100lm/w and they should say on them aswell , that bigger domed light is 4000lm at 50w which is 80lm/watt being 20% less efficient, though cost and time wise whats the difference between say 4 of the smaller bulbs with holders vs one of the bigger ones as something to consider.

And as a side note say the bridgelux strips i use they are in the 170-175lm/w range once factoring in driver losses so quite a big difference, though any light is good so don’t get hung up on this note.

As for as lumen requirements if were talking that my old goto was 5000lm/sqft which still holds true for a general rule and you can make due with say 3500lm/sqft

So saying that first i think we’ve determined your likely very under lighted which currently is good for clones and or initial seedlings but after which not much light for say growing.

So would 5 of those domes be better most likely though honestly probably 9 of them would be a good starting point as easy for placement too., now saying that you may have other light options that may be more effective and or cheaper to you whether panels or other bulbs we just need to be a bit smarter about it and can start from here.

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Thanks again, as always… the 12w ones put out 1018 lumens, really close to what you said. I had initially moved from a part of a wardrobe to the tent, and now more space precludes the lights are doing less than they were inside the wardrobe. I will be looking into it!! It is convenient to find these lights at a hardware store and not have to go through the route of buying a bigger one! Eventually, as soon as my budget allows me, I will be buying a better lighting system. All this helped me see through my current situation and a number of options on how to improve, thanks to your help!! Appreciate it!! :pray: :hugs:

1 Like

Fair enough , so there about the same efficiency wise so an option for now is you can add them over time as the budget allows, consider if they have some lower Kelvin ones go for those instead of the 6500k , they all work 4-5000k are more neutral and have more red light to there spectrum and are better on the eyes, or a lower 3000k ish will be more efficient from a plant growing perspective due to light absorbtion rates, but you just use what you have access to.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!! An update on the Cinderevil!! Major thanks to @Mr.Sparkle who has helped me immensely!!! Lots of things to be done… and learning keeps going!!!

Day 64! Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Hi everyone… I’d like to, once again, say Major thanks to @Mr.Sparkle for his help and generosity… Have learned a lot with these plants and never get enough of it… She’ll soon be coming down.
Day 95…

Thanks OG!

5 Likes

Oh neat, looks like you found the willow pheno. Nice job!

1 Like

Hey friend, care to elaborate a little more? Pardon, at first I was worried whether it could be seeds, but there is no pollen around… Thanks.

1 Like

“willow” like a pussywillow

It pops up as an expression also likely to happen the longer you run those

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Now that you mentioned I remember reading something you wrote about in the past. Thanks.

2 Likes

just had a similar pheno myself. it is very potent. Much stronger than the non willow phenos of the same strain.

2 Likes