Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

what’s the glass slipper strain ? There was a grower on another forum that called one of his strains glass slipper , been awhile but seems it might of been a c-99 cross the grower was very knowledgeable about nutrients

2 Likes

Hello there Herk! :slight_smile: The Glass Slipper is made from a Northern Lights #5 male crossed with a Cinderella 99 F1 Female(Brother Grimms). If you go to the beginning of this thread, I have lots of pictures posted, and a little more info on how I go about feeding my girls. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great evening! :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’m enjoying your thread looks like you’re a classic example of happy we retired , sold out & moved to the hills about 5 yes ago , I love the deer & turkeys & just kicking it in general & I’m gonna take the time for some more in - depth reading !

1 Like

Hahahaha, Well, I hope you enjoy my little thread. Its been fun… The beers in the frig, and help yourself to the munchies! :laughing::+1:

1 Like

Back in the day I had a contest, and whoever came up with the right name for this cross, I would award them 100 beans… Thats how the “Glass Slipper” name was created. Also, I gave out a few sample packs to some of my old school buddies as well… I know a couple of growers in Colorado who’s growing it right this second. A clone can/will go along way! May have to make some fresh beans in the near future… I have some colloidal silver somewhere… Thats all it’ll take. Good evening Sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glass Slipper | the perfect fit for a fairy tale session
Hybrid– sativa dominant

Glass Slipper has become one of my favorite everyday strains. It consistently delivers all the effects I expect from my cannabis. Uplifting, energetic, and analgesic, this strain gives me a high that leads to intense focus, increased productivity and optimal mental balance.
Characteristics of Glass Slipper

Light green with ample frost and long, dark orange pistons, Glass Slipper is a lovely strain to behold. Sweet and very approachable, GS has a delicate and almost floral taste. Don’t take it’s sweet unassuming look for gentleness though, Glass Slipper can be a hard hitter, just take a look at those trichomes!

This batch of Glass Slipper came from Bonfire Cannabis, a favorite dispensary of ours and an excellent choice for medical marijuana patients with specific cannabinoid and terpene needs. If you’re in Colorado, check it out!

The High

With THC anywhere from 12- 20+%, Glass Slipper is well suited for an experienced cannabis user. Newbies should proceed slowly, as this is a potent strain that kicks in right away. A typical high will last around two and half hours with a very little coming down phase. I experience no couch lock with Glass Slipper. I do, however, find myself spacing out mentally towards the end of my high.

GS is also a great strain for enhancing one’s intimacy. While relaxing and euphoric, this strain’s energy boost and single-minded focus make this a great strain for sex that won’t make you fall asleep before you get to it.

Medical Effects of Glass Slipper

Like I mentioned, this strain kicks in almost immediately. This makes GS a great strain for treating many medical ailments that need immediate attention. Particularly effective at treating anxiety, I find Glass Slipper to be a great strain to grab for unexpected panic attacks.

GS is also excellent for treating pain and depression, without any sedative effect, making it effective for daytime medicating.

4 Likes

That awesome that you won and got in the magazine! What type of camera did you own back then to get the shots. ?:v:

2 Likes

Hey buddy, pull up a chair… Here, try this!..:triumph: Ok… I believe I was using an Olympus D-620L, and you know whats funny? I think I have it stored in a box downstairs in the shop… haha. It was a top end camera back in its time. Hey, Was just checking out your thread, You got it going on brother Man! Keep up the fabulous work! Respect :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the toke :joy:

Sweet camera for that time. I was always nervous to develop the photos so all my retro pics are on polaroids. They don’t age well.

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy reading your stuff as well. :v:

2 Likes

Hybrids are my favorite strains to grow I’ve been running their jack herer -x-blackberry kush called blackjack and not to be confused with Nirvanas version its from www.kingklonebrand.com

1 Like

Beautiful work. I love to see those ladies under hids. What light setup were you running back then? It’s hard to shoot for that level of perfection. I was stuffing beans in my mom’s planters when you were growing those lol. Really though it’s nice to see pros at work. Crank that glass slipper :wink:.

1 Like

Good morning! :grinning: I was/Iam running t5 flo’s for the baby’s of course, and a son agro 430 watter(now im running either a 400 watter, or a 600 watter Hps) with a Diamond lumenarc 3 reflector for veg, and I always run an eye Hortilux 1000 Hps bulb for flowering. with yet another Diamond Lumenarc 3. The Diamond Lumenarc 3 reflector really projects the lumens down unto the plants. In my honest opinion, I believe my Diamond reflectors is why my grows turn out somewhat decent. Only reflector ever made that will not reduce lumen output even if its mounted stationary on a 9 foot ceiling… Good day to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome to know. I don’t have issues where I’m at with power watching. Those reflectors are gonna be the next thing across my browser. Have some NL going brother. Let me know if the glass slipper comes back. I might not have nl5 but it would be fun to be apart of something for US. :wink:

I’m proud to know we have award winners here. Show it proud. Have a good one bud.
-J

3 Likes

Hey Thanks! Finding a Diamond Luminarc 3 might be a problem, they are extremely RARE, and Diamond does not make em anymore. But, if you look hard enough, you might get lucky. Alot of them “Bad Boys” have been scooped up by aquarium enthusiasts because of their 5 star performance. I like the luminarcs, Out of all the reflectors i have had luminarcs blow away all the others in light coverage. Grab one if ya can, well worth it! Good luck with the search! Have a stress free day. Oh,… and I appreciate the kind words. Very nice of you. Appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Great link> https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/comparing-reflectors-based-on-light-intensity.4847/

3 Likes

Yes broski, break out that silver and spread the love!!!

2 Likes

Afternoon Rock! Ya, i really need to zap up a fresh batch of GS beans… I could probably make a cheesy setup in the garage(no ducting) so that none of the pollen geeks out my shit upstairs. When you and I got acquainted, I was living in a different place. Now, Im like the “Jefferson’s” living in a deluxe residence up in the sky! And that alone makes it hard to do things correctly when it gets so damn hot. Lots of effort and expense to keep my rooms somewhat cool. Ya, I think Ill search my boxes in the shop for that colloidal silver, or go on ebay and get me some… Lets turn that silver into Green Gold??? eh? :slight_smile:

PS, Have you seen my single Passion Fruit lately? She’s turning into the Bionic Woman! :smile:

3 Likes

Hahaha, me too. I was living in a shitty house (At least I could grow there…) now I rent the biggest corner suit in a very upscale building. I’d trade back to that shitty house in a second if it ment I could grow in my own house again. Wify loves it here though…Tried to get her to move to a house but a BIG no go

2 Likes

Dude I feel the same … The house i had before had the best water, Low key, and my plants always did extremely well over there without all this fancy equipment. Life was so much easier. But, when the winter comes around, It’ll be easy street living way up high from ground level. The lights alone keeps this place nice and cozy…Pro’s and con’s… like always. Hahahaha

3 Likes

But going from 972 square feet to almost 5 acres makes it all worthwhile… Your place looks nice bro! Your lawn is right on the money. We’ll survive bro… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HAPPY WIFE=HAPPY LIFE :wink:

4 Likes